Virgo van Cirus is an 18 year old Magic King candidate born in the Quiet Isle and is the main character of St Lucifer, he is currently a captain within the second division of the Red Empire and lord of a large portion of land within the Kingdom of Dis Pater. Virgo is also the youngest son of Kiryso and the younger brother of Viserys and Valarie. Virgo's soul is rooted in hell due to his alliance with Akashi yet he still exists within the realm of the living.
A lot of people would say Virgo has changed since his time with Astrea in his early teenage years having become a product of the things that happened to him and the world he lived in but Virgo would argue that he is more or less the same kid "with a slight boost in confidence", Virgo still maintains many of the same attributes he had in his younger days, he is still a complete empath and can easily form emotional bonds with people based on their traumatic memories and pain. This has only been enhanced by Unity. Furthermore, Virgo maintains a strict no kill rule and has a firm belief in the rehabilitation of "criminals" or those deviant to the morals he holds in his heart.
One thing that has changed deeply about Virgo though are the ways in which he carries himself, whilst in his younger years he was more of a phantom that had no sense of presence, the Virgo of today is eccentric and charismatic. To expand on this, he presents himself socially as a man who knows exactly what he wants and how he will get it. This is evident by Virgo's new manipulative nature that he developed from Von Krieg and Akashi. On the surface level, Virgo can be viewed as a textbook sociopath, he's more than happy to play mindgames with the people around him, friend or foe alike and his superficial charm only adds to his natural draw. Above all else Virgo has become a natural leader, someone worthy of having the title of Magic King and somebody willing to take it no matter what.
On a much deeper level, Virgo has an internal battle with what it means to be a hero. He considers his younger self to be "the Knight", a person who was willing to help people no matter what and be a hero who always did the right thing no matter what. But no, with what happened to Astrea after the Rookie Pit and the life he currently leads, the concept of being a hero is alien to him, his own sense of self was damaged so much that the heroes he attached to himself in the form of the alter egos of his mind's eye have all died. Now he is not a hero but an Avenger, someone who takes vengeance on other's because of the wrong doings done to the "innocent" as opposed to a hero who wants to help the innocent before punishing the bad guys.
Virgo was a baby taken from the Kingdom of Nemesis and brought by witches to the Quiet Isle (an island off the coast of the Kingdom). After a while, Kiryso came with a 4 year old Viserys, who was dying from his curse, to the witches to see if they could cure the child of his fatal illness. Whilst they couldn't cure it completely, they made it so Viserys was able to draw a power from the mark Lilith left him. In order for the process to be fully completed, Kiryso would have to give a human sacrifice to pay for what would have been Viserys' death. They presented Virgo in an attempt to trick Ryso as the child was an Ajin and therefore would simply be resurrected even if Ryso had killed him, and thus not fulfilling the sacrifice and leading to the death of Viserys.
Viserys begged for the life of the child, placing it's life over his own and Ryso instead took to slaughtering the witches and presenting them as sacrifices. Their new curse on Viserys was fulfilled and Kiryso took Viserys and the child home. Viserys later gave him the name Virgo and called him brother.
New Dawn ArcEdit
- Event: A Beautiful Lie - Earned 4,400 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: No More Kid Stuff - Earned 12,000 XP and 7,000 B.
- Event: The Legend of Rayme - Earned 6,600 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: The List - Earned 3,600 XP and 2,000 B.
- Event: Blue - Earned 5,400 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: Training - Earned 3 Levels and 12,000 B.
Rookie Pit ArcEdit
- Event: Into the Pit - Earned 9,500 XP and 7,000 B.
- Event: Jade Flower? Yeah sure - Earned 4,000 XP and 4,000 B.
- Event: Kraken's Eye? All done - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep On Olympus - Earned 2 levels and 10,000 B.
- Event: Let's Shake on It (I)
- Event: The Extinction Machine
- Event: Checkmate
- Event: Anomie
End of Part 1: Timeskip, Earned 15 levels and 25,000 B.
No More Kid Stuff ArcEdit
- Event: Welcome Back Astrea - Earned 800 XP and 3,600 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep on Astrea - Earned 12,000 XP and 14,000 B.
- Event: Lets Shake on It (II) - Earned 22,000 XP and 32,000 B.
The Requiversary ArcEdit
- Event: An Ideal To Strive Towards - Earned 32,000 XP and 40,000 B
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Virgo is a powerful individual and dubs himself a "Magic Engineer". He has an affinity from magic and has multiple stores of mana. Virgo can draw mana from his grimoire Von Krieg and thanks to his unique demon blood can draw mana from the realm of Hell, this augments Virgo's general magic power. He can use this magical energy for various effects, among which are the augmentation of his own physical strength, levitation, teleportation, the projection of mystical energy as force blasts, image projection, size transformation of his body or other objects or beings and the the creation of temporary inter-dimensional apertures.
- Soul Self: Virgo is able to conjure and project darkness from his body, usually in the guise of his soul-self, an astral projection in the shape of a shadowy hawk that she can use to see through and manipulate objects. Though the soul-self is normally intangible, it can be disrupted by magic and concentrated sound.
In terms of fighting prowess, Virgo is very strategical. He takes time to careful examine his enemies using an information he has to build a memory database for his combats. Despite him being an amazing martial artist, Virgo often opts to not engage his targets directly. He prefers the use of illusions, often using the Phantoms Arts and any other illusion casting in his arsenal to disrupt the concentration of his enemies. Virgo's tactics can be likened to that of a viper, stalking their prey and slowly weakening them before delivering a strike which will render him victorious.
Coming to terms with his own race, Virgo has spent large periods of times refining his skills as an Ajin. Being an Ajin grants Virgo the following:
- Immortality: The defining trait of all Ajin is their immortality. They are unable to die under any circumstances, such as being completely crushed, decapitated, or even due to malnutrition. The exact mechanism of this is unknown but it is suggested that the only way it is possible would be because they possess an unknown matter in their body which replaces any body tissues or nutrient lost. If an Ajin is decapitated, their head will die and their body will regenerate a new head. It is currently unknown whether the new head would exhibit a duplicate personality, but the original personality of the Ajin would die, although the Ajin as an organism would continue to live. The regeneration can take from seconds to minutes depending on how severe the injury is and how much control the Ajin has over his/her IBM although committing fatal injuries (such as self-inflicted headshot) would allow them to regenerate quicker - this is known as "resetting".
- Paralyzing Scream: Ajin can also use a paralyzing scream that seizes the nervous system, paralyzing everyone in their immediate vicinity. Researchers think that this is a type of thanatosis reflex, which is why it usually works better on people who don't know about Ajin. Its effects on the affected person can also be neutralized by the user if he/she wishes to. Virgo's paralyzing scream is refined to the point where it bypass basic forms of noise cancellation and has no drop in effect between people who are aware he is an ajin and people who are not aware.
- Invisible Black Matter: Invisible Black Matter abbreviated as IBM, are the main source of an Ajin's powers. IBM is what allows the Ajin to replace any lost body tissues or nutrients as demonstrated when an IBM oozes from the body of an Ajin when they're fatally wounded or when they're manifesting their Black Ghost. The origins of IBMs are still unknown nor are their composition; IBM's are made up of intangible unknown matter that originates from an Ajin's body. Each Ajin has a different amount of IBM but nonetheless they all regenerate at the same rate - the only difference that the IBM concentration makes is how frequent they can manifest their Black Ghosts; Virgo's IBM concentration is extremely high compared to the average Ajin and thus he's able to manifest his Black Ghost more frequently and for longer periods of time. Virgo has also demonstrated the ability to use manipulate IBM freely often combining it with mana to create Magic Beats or solidify the matter into a predetermined shape.
- Black Ghost Manifestation: Ajins also possess the ability to manifest Black Ghosts. Black Ghosts and IBM are different in the sense that all Ajins possess IBM but not all of them can manifest a Black Ghost. These Ghosts are made up of IBM and normally have a humanoid form, standing at about over two meters tall and each Ajin can manifest a unique Black Ghost. Ghosts are usually used for combat purposes but they can also be utilized in other ways if their hosts know how to control them properly. They only have one weak point: their heads. Only a fatal blow to the head by another Ghost can destroy a Ghost. The connection between an Ajin and their Ghosts can also be hindered by water; analogous to how cell phone signal can be disrupted when there's heavy rain. If an Ajin and their Ghost's 'connection' are severed, the Ghost will vanish eventually. Virgo's black ghost is a combination of IBM an pure mana, it also doubles as his alter ego known as The Avenger.
Magic King CandidateEdit
As a Magic King candidate, Virgo's Thema is Partum from the Ira Archive and his branch of magic is Mind's Eye, formerly, Mind's Eye was based around the creation of alter egos in his head; Mind's Eye manifests the powers of his creations into Runes which when enhanced can turn Virgo into a deadly foe. However, after changes in his psyche, Mind's Eye now manifests a black demon of hell's mana known as the Avenger.
Virgo's second Thema is Ruina and his branch of magic for this thema is Aedis. Similar to Mind's Eye, Aedis centers around Virgo's mind. By using Aegis, Virgo is a frightening anomaly in the field of psychic powers. Unlike other psionics, whose abilities simply strengthen in magnitude as they grow more powerful, Aegis was subconsciously created once Virgo underwent a crucial change of nature (this point believed to be X[SPOILERS]X forever turning them into something entirely different.
From that moment onward, Virgo started to exhibit increasingly disturbing feats that go beyond telepathy and telekinesis while retaining aspects of both, as if they were fused into something greater, something beyond patterns and understanding.
Sudden hallucinations that turn out to be more, thoughts and emotions permeating places to the point of changing them, surroundings and landscapes twisted beyond what physics allows, locations, appearances and even nature changing drastically without explanation, and inner worlds bleeding in and out of reality are just examples of what Virgo can do.
- Insanity Projection: Virgo can alter reality by projecting his own insanity into reality. His madness comes to life, distorting reality in unpredictable ways. The more mentality, the more reality is changed.
- Archive: Vigo can create a world made completely of memories, which allows him to access any memory he has ever had including ones that may have been erased or destroyed as well as the memories of anyone else who is inside the world at the time.
- Shrine: Virgo possesses a personal dimension within him in which dwells limitless knowledge and power, usually personified by The Stranger. As an extension of the his soul, The Avenger is soul-bound to the Virgo completely making it virtually impossible to remove, having the Virgo's interest at heart, protecting him against any threat and lending him all the power needed to achieve their goals.
- Mindscape Materialization: Virgo can bring a world or environment from his mind into reality. These worlds can be materialized from a separate reality that already exists within the Virgo himself and because these worlds are created from within, they may have their own rules that even the creator is unaware of.
Von Krieg is Virgo's grimoire and contains the soul of Victor von Krieg, the first Magic King who was betrayed by the mage's association and sealed away into his own grimoir before being locked up and sealed away with a series of magic binds. As Virgo communicates more with the spirit of Von Krieg and establishes a deeper bond, his overall power is enhanced. While in it's grimoire form, Von Krieg can form as a necklace around Virgo's neck and also act as a source of mana for Virgo. However, it can be used in different ways which constitute as Magic King techniques for Virgo.
- Awakening: The Awakening is one of Virgo's greatest abilities and is used as a trump card, in essence, the ability syncs up the memories and knowledge of Von Krieg with Virgo which grants him a great number of abilities such as, astral projection, black magic cursing, magic beast creation, hypnotism. Awakening also broadens Virgo's knowledge of the occult as well as increases his physical capabilities to superhuman levels due to the sheer magic power alone.
- Magic Beast Summoning: Virgo can summon devastating magic beasts with special abilities.
- Black Magic Cursing: The user is capable of creating curses with various effects.
- Demon's Eye: Despite its lofty name, the truth of this magic is that the red-light emitted from Virgo's eyes sends out hypnotic waves, using the speed of light to bypass the limits of human sensory abilities and directly influence the opponent.
- Echo Maze: Echo Maze is a magic that barrages targets with high and low frequency sound waves, confusing them. The high frequencies are used to distract the opponents, while the low frequencies wreak havoc on their inner ears, destroying their sense of direction. With their senses scrambled, targets are unable to retaliate if they do not realize their true predicament. In areas where surroundings look the same, like a forest, targets are unable to realize the problem and are thus incapable of defending with magic, which is the only way to defend.
Pillars of MagicEdit
The 5 Pillars of Magic is the name given to the 5 magical artforms created by Virgo as a caster, these artforms are, Unity, Chaos, Order, Peace and Vengeance and each apply magic in different ways in order to have certain changes on reality.
- Art of Chaos: Chaos takes the form of a crimson energy that breaks down the very fabric of reality around in order to create effects of pure catastrophe. The magic is known for it's abilities to break down materials in little time with tough materials such as graphene cracking or even buildings collapsing just by Virgo emitting the magic. The idea of Chaos is pure ruin, the more Virgo uses it, the greater consequences the artform has. It appears to have a pseduo-warping effect often distorting spacetime in the local area. The magic even has biological consequences, destroying the cells of lifeforms with physical contact and sometimes causing cellular diseases such as cancer with over-exposure. Chaos has been shown to augment Virgo's strength significantly while used in conjunction with physical attacks, being able to to level multiple buildings at a minimum. When Chaos is fully exerted, the destructive capacity of the artform varies wildly depending on Virgo's emotion ranging from large forest to large city.
- Art of Unity: Unity is the only ability Virgo still uses that he also used in his younger days and takes the form of a yellow aura. The artform syncs Virgo's mind and body with reality which grants him unimaginable sensory abilities. Virgo is granted superhuman senses and has been shown to be able to use a sonar-esque mechanism to locate individuals dozens of miles away. Unity also gathers the history and information of his surroundings and uses it to predict future outcomes, furthermore, the ability has shown to give him precognition being able to accurately track human movement. Virgo is so proficient with Unity that he uses it self consciously.
- Art of Order: Order takes the form of a large translucent blue-tinted hemisphere which can vary in diameter and volume. The artform allows Virgo to manipulate inorganic objects, often being able to bend the laws of physics. An example of this would be making the wood magnetic. Other feats Virgo has demonstrated using Order is levitation, dispersion, size-alteration and density manipulation. The one core weakness of Order is that disruption of the mana which projects the hemisphere will nullify the ability.
- Art of Peace: Peace takes the form of purple magic circles and some three dimensional shapes that Virgo uses to protect himself an other people. He can manifest the magic circles anywhere within his immediate vicinity and they have been shown to block powerful energy attacks. By casting these circles onto people, he can restrict movements as well manipulate their movements by manipulating the circle itself. The other effect of peace, is that it is constantly healing Virgo acting as a fast regenerative healing factor and preventing his body from producing fatigue toxins, which grants him superhuman stamina.
- Art of Vengeance: Incomplete
Art of HexEdit
Virgo has the ability to manipulate probability via his "hexes" (often manifesting physically as "hex spheres" or "hex bolts") which can manipulate energy fields and matter to varying degrees. These hexes are short range, and are limited to his line of sight. Casting a hex requires a gesture and concentration on his part, though the gestures are largely a focus for the concentration.
Virgo can use his hexes to cause a wide variety of phenomena such as spontaneous combustion, rapid decay/healing, energy control/transference/disruption/amplification/transmutation as well as inertia redirection/amplification/disruption/transference. These effects have lit flammable objects, contained and removed air from a particular volume, stopped the momentum of projectiles, block/unlock/closed/opened doors or technological devices, exploded objects, created force fields, deflected normal and magical attacks, affected matter as well molecular composition and physical state of physical objects.
Virgo is a masterful alchemist. Alchemy is the ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using mana u. This act is known as "Transmutation" and its sequence is usually described as:
- Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.
- Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.
- Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape.
Using his skills with magic, Virgo has made his body into a living weapon in terms of alchemy, he has an intricate hidden transmutation array across both his arms which glows when active in use. Because of this, he does not need to draw transmutation circles and instead can alter the array on his arm to have certain effects. This remarkable talent makes his transmutations both instantaneous and incredibly versatile, allowing him to use alchemy to its fullest potential in direct combat.
- Golem Manipulation: Through the combination of magic and alchemy, Virgo is able to create golems; magically animated beings created entirely from inanimate matter. These golems can manipulate aspects of their body such as forming their arms into long swords or giant hammers. Virgo creates these through touching the ground.
Master Martial ArtistEdit
For his age, Virgo is a master of dozens of martial arts disciplines, with an emphasis on Aikido and Escrima, taught to him by Hideki and Daniel. His preferred fighting style combines Escrima, Judo, Savate, Capoeira, Aikido, Boxing, Wing Chun, Hapkido, Jeet Kune Do, Taijiquan, Ninjutsu, and Bojutsu with his acrobatic abilities. He is considered one of the finest human combatants in unarmed combat, almost on par with Viserys. He has fought and held his own or defeated some of the best fighters in Olympus.
Virgo is also a prodigious natural athlete, possessing a peak human level of agility/acrobatic skills. He is regarded as the greatest human acrobat in Olympus, and has been crowned champion of many junior and senior competitions. Viserys himself is an incredible athlete in agility, and is at peak human perfection, but even he gives the advantage in that area over to his younger brother.
Virgo can instinctively or with little effort perform complex mental operations beyond the capability of a normal human mind. This does not necessarily translate into Enhanced Intelligence or Supernatural Intelligence as these mental feats are usually automatic and focused to a single trick, having little to do with deliberate cognitive thought.