Virgo van Cirus is an 18 year old Magic King candidate born in the Quiet Isle and is the main character of St Lucifer, he is currently a captain within the second division of the Red Empire and lord of a large portion of land within the Kingdom of Dis Pater. Virgo is also the youngest son of Kiryso and the younger brother of Viserys and Valarie. Virgo's soul is rooted in hell due to his alliance with Akashi yet he still exists within the realm of the living.
A lot of people would say Virgo has changed since his time with Astrea in his early teenage years having become a product of the things that happened to him and the world he lived in but Virgo would argue that he is more or less the same kid "with a slight boost in confidence", Virgo still maintains many of the same attributes he had in his younger days, he is still a complete empath and can easily form emotional bonds with people based on their traumatic memories and pain. This has only been enhanced by Unity. Furthermore, Virgo maintains a strict no kill rule and has a firm belief in the rehabilitation of "criminals" or those deviant to the morals he holds in his heart.
One thing that has changed deeply about Virgo though are the ways in which he carries himself, whilst in his younger years he was more of a phantom that had no sense of presence, the Virgo of today is eccentric and charismatic. To expand on this, he presents himself socially as a man who knows exactly what he wants and how he will get it. This is evident by Virgo's new manipulative nature that he developed from Von Krieg and Akashi. On the surface level, Virgo can be viewed as a textbook sociopath, he's more than happy to play mindgames with the people around him, friend or foe alike and his superficial charm only adds to his natural draw. Above all else Virgo has become a natural leader, someone worthy of having the title of Magic King and somebody willing to take it no matter what.
On a much deeper level, Virgo has an internal battle with what it means to be a hero. He considers his younger self to be "the Knight", a person who was willing to help people no matter what and be a hero who always did the right thing no matter what. But no, with what happened to Astrea after the Rookie Pit and the life he currently leads, the concept of being a hero is alien to him, his own sense of self was damaged so much that the heroes he attached to himself in the form of the alter egos of his mind's eye have all died. Now he is not a hero but an Avenger, someone who takes vengeance on other's because of the wrong doings done to the "innocent" as opposed to a hero who wants to help the innocent before punishing the bad guys.
Virgo was a baby taken from the Kingdom of Nemesis and brought by witches to the Quiet Isle (an island off the coast of the Kingdom). After a while, Kiryso came with a 4 year old Viserys, who was dying from his curse, to the witches to see if they could cure the child of his fatal illness. Whilst they couldn't cure it completely, they made it so Viserys was able to draw a power from the mark Lilith left him. In order for the process to be fully completed, Kiryso would have to give a human sacrifice to pay for what would have been Viserys' death. They presented Virgo in an attempt to trick Ryso as the child was an Ajin and therefore would simply be resurrected even if Ryso had killed him, and thus not fulfilling the sacrifice and leading to the death of Viserys.
Viserys begged for the life of the child, placing it's life over his own and Ryso instead took to slaughtering the witches and presenting them as sacrifices. Their new curse on Viserys was fulfilled and Kiryso took Viserys and the child home. Viserys later gave him the name Virgo and called him brother.
New Dawn ArcEdit
- Event: A Beautiful Lie - Earned 4,400 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: No More Kid Stuff - Earned 12,000 XP and 7,000 B.
- Event: The Legend of Rayme - Earned 6,600 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: The List - Earned 3,600 XP and 2,000 B.
- Event: Blue - Earned 5,400 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: Training - Earned 3 Levels and 12,000 B.
Rookie Pit ArcEdit
- Event: Into the Pit - Earned 9,500 XP and 7,000 B.
- Event: Jade Flower? Yeah sure - Earned 4,000 XP and 4,000 B.
- Event: Kraken's Eye? All done - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep On Olympus - Earned 2 levels and 10,000 B.
- Event: Let's Shake on It (I)
- Event: The Extinction Machine
- Event: Checkmate
- Event: Anomie
End of Part 1: Timeskip, Earned 15 levels and 25,000 B.
No More Kid Stuff ArcEdit
- Event: Welcome Back Astrea - Earned 800 XP and 3,600 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep on Astrea - Earned 12,000 XP and 14,000 B.
- Event: Lets Shake on It (II) - Earned 22,000 XP and 32,000 B.
The Requiversary ArcEdit
- Event: An Ideal To Strive Towards - Earned 32,000 XP and 40,000 B
- Event: My Own Worst Enemy - Earned 30,000 XP and 45,000 B.
What Lies Beneath ArcEdit
- Event: Deamon - Earned 8,700 XP and 5,600 B.
- Event: Here Lies the Silver Falcon - Earned 11,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Fragment of Him - Earned 8,600 XP and 12,300 B.
The Rabbit Hole ArcEdit
- Event: Let's Shake on it (III) - Earned 7,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Astrea v The Rabbit Hole - Earned 13,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: A Dream of Gaia - Earned 17,000 XP and 13,000 B.
The Otherside ArcEdit
- Event: Warden of the Otherside - Earned 5,000 XP and 4,000 B.
- Event: Unravel - Earned 15,000 XP and 12,000 B.
- Event: Void Genome - Earned 13,000 XP and 15,000 B.
- Event: Overwhelming - Earned 13,000 XP and 15,000 B.
- Event: All Out War - Earned 20,000 XP and 23,000 B.
- Event: Paths - Earned 8,000 XP and 9,000 B.
- Event: Overtaken - Earned 3,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: The Sloth and the Grail - 25,000 XP and 30,000 B.
- Event: The Otherside of Hell - 8,000 XP and 11,000 B.
- Event: Limbo - 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Lust - 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Gluttony - 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Greed - 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Wrath - 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Heresy - 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Violence - 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Fraud - 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Treachery - 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Warden of the Afterlife - 30,000 XP and 25,000 B.
St. Dumas ArcEdit
- Event: Trinity - 20,000 XP and 18,000 B.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Virgo is a powerful individual and dubs himself a "Magic Engineer". He has an affinity from magic and has multiple stores of mana. Virgo can draw mana from his grimoire Von Krieg, from the Abyss Trinity inside of him and thanks to his unique demon blood can draw mana from the realm of Hell, this augments Virgo's general magic power. On a deeper level, Virgo draws his mana from the archive of Ira itself, his mana is virtually endless. He can use this magical energy for various effects, such as the augmentation of his own physical strength, levitation, teleportation, the projection of mystical energy as force blasts, image projection, size transformation of his body or other object/beings and the the creation of temporary inter-dimensional apertures.
- Soul Self: Virgo is able to conjure and project darkness from his body, usually in the guise of his soul-self, an astral projection in the shape of a shadowy hawk that she can use to see through and manipulate objects. Though the soul-self is normally intangible, it can be disrupted by magic and concentrated sound.
In terms of fighting prowess, Virgo is very strategical. He takes time to careful examine his enemies using an information he has to build a memory database for his combats. Despite him being an amazing martial artist, Virgo often opts to not engage his targets directly. He prefers the use of illusions, often using illusion casting in his arsenal to disrupt the concentration of his enemies. Virgo's tactics can be likened to that of a viper, stalking their prey and slowly weakening them before delivering a strike which will render him victorious.
During his experience on the Island of Dumas, Virgo underwent a ritual, which while intended to transfer his Ajin immortality to the leader of Dumas; instead triggered a merge between Virgo and his Black Ghost the Avenger. As a result, Virgo's entire physiology structure and forming a new race known as the Blackghost (Kuroyurei). As a Blackghost, Virgo possesses the following traits.
- Invisible Black Matter Manipulation: Invisible Black Matter (IBM) is what allows the Ajin/Blackghosts to replace any lost body tissues or nutrients, but there is a more lethal way in which it can be used. Forging them with IBM, Virgo can summon beasts or create weapons, which he can freely manipulate without the need for external influence. As a result of the Armageddon Trinity, the IBM secreted by Virgo possesses the unique trait of being able to erode both organic and non-organic matter. What makes IBM especially dangerous to Virgo's opponents is the fact that to normal eyes it appears invisible, Virgo notes that even to individuals with superhuman senses, IBM can be difficult to detect.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Whilst Virgo is no longer immortal, the ability to to manipulate IBM grants him a passive regenerative healing factor whereby IBM replaces any tissue Virgo has lost nigh-instantaneously. With this, he can bring back lost body parts such as eyes, arms and organs.
- Shifting: A secondary ability of Virgo's IBM manipulation is what he calls "IBM Shifting", where in a similar manner to that of Logia devil fruit users, Virgo can "shift" parts of his physical body into IBM.
- Phasing: Virgo can rapidly vibrate shifted segments of his body which allows his to phase through matter.
- Casting: Casting is the name given to describe the phenomena whereby Virgo can harden harden his IBM to form it into a crystal like matter capable of absorbing and reflecting mass amounts of kinetic energy due to it's molecular structure. The ability bares similar properties to Virgo's formula ability DiamondMorph, the only difference being that Casting's crystals are coloured black with a red tint and much more durable.
- Superhuman Speed, Agility and Reflexes: The passive IBM that Virgo secretes from his body grants him great precognitive abilities which grant him immense reflexes. With this, Virgo has been shown to detect objects moving at light speed coming towards him. Furthermore, utilizing shifting Virgo is able to run at speeds exceeding a Mach speed of 200,000, when combined with other abilities such as the Art of Chaos, his Class Card Insert and in particular the Art of Acceleration, Virgo's speed rises above Mach 450,000 putting him between the speed of lightning as it travels up and the speed of light. His speed combined with shifting and his master acrobatic abilities allows Virgo to perfectly maneuver his body through anything whilst maintaining top speed.
- Superhuman Strength: Virgo's lifting prowess is nothing to marvel over, with his Blackghost physiology Virgo can lift up to 250 tons, due to shifting. With added supplements from the Art of Acceleration and the Art of Chaos, Virgo's lifting prowess increasing exponentially, with him being able to lift upwards of 8000 tons. However, something to note about Virgo's strength is his immense striking power. Due to shifting, his durability and his immense speed, Virgo's base striking force far exceeds 2000 tons. When actively used in conjunction with his other abilities, his striking power knows no limits.
- Superhuman Endurance, Durability and Stamina: Due to his passive regenerative healing factor, Virgo's body does not produce fatigue toxins, granting him monstrous levels of stamina. Furthermore, as a result of his passive shifting reinforcing his bodies molecular structure, Virgo can take large amounts of force head on with no visible consequences.
Magic King CandidateEdit
Armageddon Trinity is the awakened state of Victor von Krieg and the True Magic King of Ira, currently residing inside Virgo. As a result, Virgo has fallen to the the curse of the Armageddon Trinity; madness and hate.
Mind's Eye (Inactive)Edit
As a Magic King candidate, Virgo's Thema is Partum from the Ira Archive and his branch of magic is Mind's Eye, formerly, Mind's Eye is based around the creation of alter egos in his head; it manifests the powers of his creations into Runes which when called upon can turn Virgo into a deadly foe. Virgo used to have to draw a certain symbol in his hand to call on an alter ego but nowadays all it requires is a thought, with a alter egos symbol appearing
- The Stranger: Virgo notes that his ability to call on alter egos has returned but that he only uses the Stranger. The abilities of Stranger are unknown at this point in time.
Virgo's second Thema is Ruina and his branch of magic for this thema is Aedis. Similar to Mind's Eye, Aedis centers around Virgo's mind. By using Aedis, Virgo is a frightening anomaly in the field of psychic powers. Unlike other psionics, whose abilities simply strengthen in magnitude as they grow more powerful, Aedis was subconsciously created once Virgo underwent a crucial change of nature (this point believed to be the death of Viserys forever turning them into something entirely different.
From that moment onward, Virgo started to exhibit increasingly disturbing feats that go beyond telepathy and telekinesis while retaining aspects of both, as if they were fused into something greater, something beyond patterns and understanding.
Sudden hallucinations that turn out to be more, thoughts and emotions permeating places to the point of changing them, surroundings and landscapes twisted beyond what physics allows, locations, appearances and even nature changing drastically without explanation, and inner worlds bleeding in and out of reality are just examples of what Virgo can do.
- Insanity Projection: Virgo can alter reality by projecting his own insanity into reality. His madness comes to life, distorting reality in unpredictable ways. The more mentality, the more reality is changed.
- Archive: Vigo can create a world made completely of memories, which allows him to access any memory he has ever had including ones that may have been erased or destroyed as well as the memories of anyone else who is inside the world at the time.
- Shrine: Virgo possesses a personal dimension within him in which dwells limitless knowledge and power, usually personified by The Stranger. As an extension of the his soul, The Stranger is soul-bound to Virgo completely making it virtually impossible to remove. The role of the Stranger is having Virgo's interests at heart, protecting him against any threat and lending him all the power needed to achieve his goals. Since the incident at Dumas, the Stranger has fallen under the influence of the Angra Mainyu and the Armageddon Trinity.
- Mindscape Materialization: Virgo can bring a world or environment from his mind into reality. These worlds can be materialized from a separate reality that already reside inside him. Because these worlds are created from within Virgo, they may have their own rules that even the Virgo himself is unaware of.
- Forging: Using mindcape materialization, Virgo has shown the ability to bring in weapons created for his alter egos in his mind, which possess special abilities.
- Summoning: In a similar way to forging, virgo can summon beasts from the stories of his alter egos into the real world.
Virgo's third Thema is Analysis from the Ira Archive and his third branch of magic is Code Breaker. Code Breaker manifests itself within Virgo as a pair of two golden eyes. The essence of Code Breaker is to gather information instantaneously, and break it down immediately. Thankfully, for Virgo his hyper-competence allows him to do so without strain. Code Breaker allows Virgo to break down and interpret his surrounding reality in streams of information. As a result, the strength, limitations and necessary counter measures to an opponents are completely exposed. Furthermore, Virgo is able to ruin the materialization and maintenance of a technique by using his magic to break down it's weakest components, hence, destroying the ability all together.
Code Breaker also grants Virgo hyper-precognition by breaking down all possible methods of combat his opponent could use. As a result, Virgo can see virtually all forms of attack coming and can use his speed to evade.
Phantom Hex is a branch of Magic in Virgo's arsenal that combines the themas of Partum, Ruina, Analysis as well as the thema of Cultura (to improve). Phantom Hex manifests itself as two marks permanently burned into the palms of Virgo's hands. The branch is dangerous so in order to tame it, Virgo wears a pair of gloves that specifically cancels the magic on a passive level. Virgo can use the ability with the gloves on, however the it is restricted. It is only when the gloves are off that the true capabilities of the Phantom Hex come to life.
While in it's restricted form, the Phantom Hex grants Virgo the ability to grab anything, both tangible and intangible. With this, Virgo can engage those who possess intangibility in direct combat. He has also been shown to grab the air itself which allows his to manipulate the positioning of things within his vicinity by pulling the air. Virg has also been shown to pull the air to direct oncoming attacks away from himself.
In it's open form, the Hex becomes extremely dangerous. Virgo's ability to grab the intangible becomes more abstract in nature. He can grab and amplify physical pain, as well as grab a person's life force, so long as his willpower can overcome theirs. Things such as memories become play tools for Virgo to play with, with the Armageddon Trinity displaying the ability to steal the memories of one person and embed them into another. Virgo has also demonstrated the ability to plunge people into madness with a simple touch to the temple, channeling his insanity as well as the curse of Armageddon Trinity. But by the far the most powerful ability of the unrestrained Phantom Hex is the ability to break down and destroy all supernatural components of energy that it comes into contact with. Not only does it allow Virgo to protect himself from abilities, but it also removes the biological characteristics that bless certain races such as demons, vampires and maybe even kindred.
Art of ChaosEdit
Chaos takes the form of a crimson energy that breaks down the very fabric of reality around in order to create effects of pure catastrophe and stems from the influences of the Armageddon Trinity and Angra Mainyu that reside within Virgo. Without the two, Chaos would be impossible to achieve. This magic can manipulate, warp and reconstruct the very fabric of existence and reality to Virgo's whims and bring about total destruction to reality. It has been shown to break down materials in little time with tough materials such as graphene shattering or large structures collapsing just by Virgo emitting the magic. The idea of Chaos is pure ruin, the more Virgo uses it, the greater consequences the artform has. It appears to have a pseduo-warping effect often distorting spacetime in it's local vacinity.
Chaos even has biological consequences, destroying the cells of lifeforms with physical contact and sometimes causing cellular diseases such as cancer with over-exposure. Chaos has been shown to augment Virgo's strength significantly while used in conjunction with physical attacks, allowing Virgo to to flatten large cities or break apart islands on a whim. When Chaos is fully exerted, the destructive capacity of the artform knows no bounds.
While Virgo is stable and healthy, he wields his powers with proficiency and is capable of triggering and controlling multiple occurrences at once, examples of this including capturing and rebinding together matter considered to be disintegrated. Spells casted by Chaos come with such complexity and strength that when cast, they are woven into reality and the world of magic itself. The power and understanding needed to try and undo a phenomenon brought about by Chaos would be too great for the majority of people on the Shinsekai to handle.
Art of VengeanceEdit
"Vengeance", as Virgo calls it, is a being of pure destruction. It's source of energy is derived from the Ira archive as well as the influence of Angra Mainyu. It uses a magical power tap from the aforementioned sources in order to maintain itself and as such there is seemingly no limit to how long it lasts. Vengeance seemingly has a mind of its own, however as it partially reflects the will of Virgo, the two often work in conjunction with one another. Vengeance has demonstrated the following abilities.
- Size Manipulation: The being can alter his size, growing exponentially in size or shrinking greatly.
- Power Tap: Vengeance can draw power from All the World's Evil and the Ira archive to increase its own strength as well as generate concussive blasts capable of wiping out small islands.
- Splitting: Vengeance can split himself into multiple entities whilst maintaining the same level of power throughout each version of himself.
- God-like Physiology: Vengeance is god-like in all matters of physiology, being capable of monstrous feats of strength, speed, endurance, agility and durability.
- Astral Manipulation: Vengeance can create, manipulate, shape, transform, etc. astral energy, allowing it to travel to the astral plane and interact there, see spirits, making spirits visible to others, astral trapping and potentially harming the dead. They can also allow others temporarily to be able to astral project, block others from astral projecting, sending them back to their bodies if they had already projected. Through this Vengeance uses a variety of Astral based attacks such as astral infusion or creating astral vortexes.
- Wraith Manipulation: Wraits are vengeful spirits trapped within the Earth who have failed to reach the afterlife. Vengeance has the ability to conjure and summon a vast army of Wraiths who it can manipulate with it's scream.
- Art of Order: The Art of Order is also derived from Chaos Magic and is a former artform utilized by Virgo. Order takes the form of a black mist that Vengeance secretes from its body. The artform allows Vengeance and by extension Virgo to manipulate all aspects inorganic materials, that the mist happens to bind. With this, Vengeance has demonstrated the ability to gather huge constructs of dust and rock which it can then use as projectiles.
- Awakening: The awakened form of Order occurs when Vengeance fills a closed area with the black mist. When applied to Virgo's mindscape materialization, Vengeance can create a world where he has total dominion and can reign as a God without Virgo's influence restricting it.
Art of HexEdit
Virgo has the ability to manipulate probability via his "hexes" (often manifesting physically as "hex spheres" or "hex bolts") which can manipulate energy fields and matter to varying degrees. The ability is derived from the Art of Chaos. The hexes can be cast within Virgo's sphere of influence, which covers roughly 10km in radius. Formerly, casting a hex required a gesture and concentration on his part, however Virgo is now able to cast his hexes using thought alone.
Virgo can use his hexes to cause a wide variety of phenomena such as spontaneous combustion, rapid decay/healing, energy control/transference/disruption/amplification/transmutation as well as inertia/redirection/amplification/transference. These effects have lit flammable objects, contained and removed air from a particular volume, stopped the momentum of projectiles, blocked/unlocked/closed/opened doors, exploded objects, created force fields, deflected normal and magical attacks, negated or distorted physical laws, and affected matter as well molecular composition and the physical state of physical objects. While Virgo usually makes effects of a hex bolt up on the spot, he has specialized a few effects and split them into 2 categories, Blessings and Curses:
- Blessings: The name given to hex bolts which generally have good effects for Virgo or those who he considers allies.
- Curses: The name given to hex bolts which generally have negative effects. Virgo has more curses in his arsenal than blessings.
- Decay: Virgo casts a hex bolt on an object/person that "sticks" to it's essence. The hex will begin to effect the object/person in a way whereby it will be begin to decay and erode. As the hex bolt is stuck to the individuals essence, it's effects will remain even if the body part it appears on is lost. The only counter-measure being a counter magic or disrupting the the flow of magic energy within the hex itself.
- Drain: Virgo can cast a hex on an object and drain any magic energy it has, streaming it back to himself.
Art of AccelerationEdit
The Art of Acceleration is also derived from the Art of Chaos. With this, Virgo has the power to take the potential energy stored in an object and convert it to kinetic energy thus “charging” that item with explosive results. He prefers to charge smaller objects, such as his knives and rocks, as the time required to charge them is greatly reduced and they are much easier for him to throw. The only real limitation to this ability is the time required to charge the object. The larger it is the more time it takes. He can charge a rock as big as a small house in the matter of seconds. Most charging takes place through direct skin contact, however through concentration he is able to charge things in his line of sight. The power of his explosions is dependent on the mass of the object he is charging, for example, a charged pebble explodes with enough force to level a small house. Virgo can also use his powers to accelerate an object's kinetic energy instead of converting its potential energy, for example, he can charge his first with enough power to level a forest. His ability also allows him to affect his own capability to heal he's also used his power to accelerate organic material on a few occasions either causing them to explode or enhancing their own physical capabilities.
- Awakening: Virgo's Art of Acceleration goes beyond charging items and can "accelerate" abstract concepts or events so tiny that they may as well not even have happened. By accelerating such occurrences, Virgo can invoke disastrous effects with in his surrounding reality; he can even go as far as to "decelerate" certain occurrences, such as slowing down the speed at which light can travel within the air to throw off his opponents. With concentration, Virgo has demonstrated to decelerate a person's breathing while accelerating their heart rate, in order to cripple their movements.
Virgo can cast spells, an action that allows him to magically alter reality to varying extents.
|List of Spells|
|Unity||The spell syncs Virgo's mind and body with reality which grants him unimaginable sensory abilities. Virgo is granted superhuman senses and has been shown to be able to use a sonar-esque mechanism to locate individuals dozens of miles away. Unity also gathers the history and information of his surroundings and uses it to predict future outcomes, furthermore, the ability has shown to give him precognition being able to accurately track human movement. Virgo is so proficient with Unity that he uses it self consciously.|
|Vanta||An area of effect spell that casts Vanta black over Virgo's sphere of influence. Vantablack absorbs virtually all incident light (99.965%). With such exceptionally low levels of reflectance, Vantablack produces some startling optical effects; when it's applied to a three-dimensional object, Vantablack is so black that it becomes extremely difficult to discern any surface features, and three-dimensional objects appear to become two-dimensional.|
|Flicker||Virgo's body breaks up into a black smoke and reconstructs elsewhere. In some cases, his limbs and body simply separate and reform in another location.|
All the World's EvilEdit
Following the events at Dumas, Virgo experienced a deepened connection with his grimoire Von Krieg thus awakening All the World's Evil. During his tenure as the first Magic King, Victor von Krieg had fallen to the influence and was subsequently driven mad by Angra Mainyu. The two formed a powerful contract forever binding them together in both physical and astral form. When the first Magic King later dubbed the Fallen King would eventually be slaughtered by the Elder Council and have his soul and mana sealed away in the forbidden grimoire, Angra Mainyu would be sealed away with him.
During Virgo's initial use of the grimoire, Von Krieg would suppress the influence of Angra Mainyu from affecting Virgo. However, now Angra Mainyu has now completely overcome the Von Krieg's efforts thanks to the help of an enraged Virgo. Usually, Angra's power would be relatively weak, after nearly 200 years of contact with Victor von Krieg (arguably the greatest magic user to have ever lived), Angra's power can be likened to that of a God. Furthermore, his power is only supplemented greater by Virgo's affinity to magic as well as his large reserves of Mana.
Thankfully, Virgo has managed to keep Angra Mainyu at bay only tapping into the King of Demon's magic power when he himself makes that decision himself. When he does tap into Angra though, Virgo's magic power increasing, the burden of All the World's Evil is placed onto him in the form of dark markings. Virgo becomes the beacon of the curse of hatred that has plagued humanity since the Age of Men. Through tapping into this power, Virgo gains the following:
- Astral Manipulation: Virgo can create, manipulate, shape, transform, etc. astral energy, allowing them to travel to the astral plane and interact there, see spirits, making spirits visible to others, astral trapping and potentially harming the dead. They can also allow others temporarily to be able to astral project, block others from astral projecting, sending them back to their bodies if they had already projected. Through this Virgo uses a variety of Astral based attacks such as astral infusion or creating astral vortexes.
Knight of VengeanceEdit
Knight of Vengeance is Virgo's version of Lancelot's noble phantasm, Knight of Owner. Once Virgo grabs a hold of anything that can be even remotely conceptualized as a weapon with his hands and he recognizes that he wishes to wield it, it instantly gains the property of "becoming his Noble Phantasm." Even control of other Noble Phantasms will instantly go to him should he grab hold of them. It can only be activated for objects recognized as "this is a weapon".
The ability soaks the affected items with Angra Mainyu's Magical Energy, muddled with bloodthirstiness and hatred, that permeates from Virgo's hands. They slowly change as they are tainted with black color as dark lines invade the item and multiply like the veins on a leaf. The items, covered in a spiderweb pattern of black veins, look alien and repulsive compared to their normal forms.
The ability allows for something as worthless as a piece of scrap iron to be turned into a demonic spear or sword capable of damaging powerful spirits and striking legendary weapons. He can make use of weaponry regardless of how it was created or its time of origin, allowing him to take control of anything from legendary weapons to modern weapons and machinery.
The strength of the weapons is great enough that they can easily clash with Excalibur repeatedly despite normally being mundane objects that would be cut like butter by a Noble Phantasm. Modern weapons turned into Noble Phantasms will be greatly strengthened and have modified capabilities. He can give up the weapons at any time, returning them to their natural state, and immediately switch to another without any trouble. The weapons will stay under control for a brief moment after he lets go of his grip, allowing them to be used as deadly projectiles.
Mystic Eyes of RuinEdit
The Mystic Eyes of Ruin, straddles the line between ESP and Magecraft: an innate ability tampered with by the influence of Virgo's archive, Ira. He can form a sphere of pressure anywhere within his line of sight which can result in the dismemberment and destruction of his local surrounding. His left eye applies a crushing pressure whilst his right applies a penetrative one. When perceived by other espers, the pressures appears as red and green spirals. The power of Ruin is limited as long as he thinks “unbreakable” won’t break. His powers work on conceptual things as well such as astral bodies or bounded fields.
Cursed Boundary LayerEdit
Virgo's Cursed Boundary Layer walks the line between Magecraft and Magic, and takes the form the Angra Mainyu's markings spreading along the floor. Virgo can teleport himself within his Cursed Boundary Layer, as well as restrict the movements of others. Not only does this this apply to physical movements but also abstract movements. Within Virgo's Cursed Boundary Layer, all movement to separate planes of existence such as the Afterlife or separate pocket dimensions is restricted.
Class Card InsertEdit
Class Cards are cards which have a portion of a Heroic Spirits' power sealed inside them, and it can be said that they are the Heroic Spirits themselves. They draw out the power of Heroic Spirits, allowing either a Mystic Code or the user's own body to act as a medium for the Heroic Spirit's power. Similar to Berserker, Virgo uses Avenger Class Inheritance, an act which confers the properties of the Avenger Class into a Card's Heroic Spirit.
As a skilled magus, Virgo can utilize any weapon created from mindscape materialization as a Noble Phatasm, and with this, he can use them to act as a medium for the power obtained by Karna Lancer Class Card. Due to the nature of the Heroic Spirit Karna, Virgo opts to conjure lances/spears.
When in use, Virgo's weapon of choice gains Mana Burst (flames), which with a proper summoning would not be able to be maintained. However due to Virgo's large magic reserves, the ability is maintained whilst the card is active. Due to the fact Karna is the son of the Sun Deity Surya, Virgo's spear gains the highest class of divinity, granting it high invulnerability to beings or attacks of low divinity. Furthermore, the spear gains similar properties to Karna's magical armour, an absolute Noble Phantasm in terms of defense which possessed radiance of sun granted to him by Gods. As a result, the spear take the brunt of the majority of attacks and can further enhance Virgo's defensive capabilities.
Annihilation Maker is a Sacred Gear gifted to Virgo by Kiryso. It is one of the thirteen Longinus, Annihilation Maker is considered to be one of the biggest "bugs" in the Sacred Gear system, having world-class powers that could allegedly destroy the world when used in the wrong hands.
The Annihilation Maker has the ability to make a countless number of creatures. The creatures are created based on the user's imagination. As such, the more powerful the user's imagination, the more powerful the creature is upon its creation. The creation of said monsters follows a sequence:
- Shadows appear from under the user's feet
- The shadows grow to the appropriate size based on what the user is trying to create
- Parts of the shadow break off and the desired monsters come out of them
- The monsters act according to the user's will
The True Longinus, also known as the Holy Spear of the Setting Sun, the Spear of Destiny and the Spear/Lance of Longinus, is the first and most powerful Longinus and the same spear which St. Longinus used to stab Jesus Christ.
The True Longinus is one of the Holy Relics known as the Holy Lance alongside the True Cross, Holy Chalice, Holy Nails, and the Shroud of Turin. A spear that was said to have pierced the side of Christ as he lay on the cross, wielded by a Centurion named Longinus, according to legend, who gave the weapon his name. The spear is one of the holiest objects in existence, having been blessed by the blood of Christ and making it an extremely powerful and effective weapon against Devils and beings related to darkness. The True Longinus is a Sacred Gear, and gave its name to all Sacred Gears capable of slaying Gods.
One of the thirteen Longinus created by the God from the Bible, True Longinus is considered to be one of the biggest "bugs" in the Sacred Gear system, having world-class powers that could destroy the world when used in the wrong hands.
The True Longinus is a bladed spear that is capable of killing Gods and Buddhas. It can also be used to kill Satans and Devils due to its holy abilities as a Holy Spear. It can create an energy blade that is made up of powerful Holy energy that can vaporize an Ultimate-Class Demons with ease. It can also extend and retract according to the wielder's will. It has shown to be capable of shielding the wielder against fatal attacks, and split powerful energy blasts with a single slash. It can also release enormous torrents of pure light that are capable of easily vaporizing devils and other beings of darkness.
Master Martial ArtistEdit
For his age, Virgo is a master of dozens of martial arts disciplines, with an emphasis on Aikido and Escrima, taught to him by Hideki and Daniel. His preferred fighting style combines Escrima, Judo, Savate, Capoeira, Aikido, Boxing, Wing Chun, Hapkido, Jeet Kune Do, Taijiquan, Ninjutsu, and Bojutsu with his acrobatic abilities. He is considered one of the finest human combatants in unarmed combat, almost on par with Viserys. He has fought and held his own or defeated some of the best fighters in Olympus.
Virgo is also a prodigious natural athlete, possessing a peak human level of agility/acrobatic skills. He is regarded as the greatest human acrobat in Olympus, and has been crowned champion of many junior and senior competitions. Viserys himself is an incredible athlete in agility, and is at peak human perfection, but even he gives the advantage in that area over to his younger brother.
Virgo can instinctively or with little effort perform complex mental operations beyond the capability of a normal human mind. This does not necessarily translate into Enhanced Intelligence or Supernatural Intelligence as these mental feats are usually automatic and focused to a single trick, having little to do with deliberate cognitive thought.