Rayneira Dusk commonly referred to as Rayne is a 18 year old Mage originally from the Scarlet Sea of the Olympian Commonwealth but now living in the kingdom of Athena. She is currently a student within the Further Education system of Olympus, studying to be a prosecutor. Rayne is one of the 4 main characters of St. Lucifer within the main story's RP.
Rayneira possesses a sharp tongue and can be blunt while still maintaining a straight face when speaking to others. This trait of hers makes interacting with her a challenging task, if not impossible, and is something that everyone discovers first-hand. Her complex of superiority stems from the fact she doesn't like to keep people close for fear she'll lose them. Rayne uses her constant insults and blunt tone to shield an ego from the inevitability of loss and death.
Rayneira has also proven herself to be a capable tactician and strategist being able to devise what would have been a great plan against Juno the Hollow, with only spending a couple of minutes with her comrades.
Despite all this she is extremely fragile emotionally and has issues with self worth and identity. To herself, Rayne getting close to someone will only start the countdown to their demise and all she can be is be a burden to help speed that countdown up. Furthermore, she sees herself as a monster waiting to burst free which is another reason she tends to keep to herself.
New Dawn ArcEdit
- Event: A Beautiful Lie - Earned 4,400 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: No More Kid Stuff - Earned 12,000 XP and 7,000 B.
- Event: The Legend of Rayme - Earned 6,600 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: The List - Earned 3,600 XP and 2,000 B.
- Event: Blue - Earned 5,400 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: Training - Earned 3 Levels and 12,000 B.
Rookie Pit ArcEdit
- Event: Into the Pit - Earned 9,500 XP and 7,000 B.
- Event: Scarlet Flower? Check! - Earned 1,000 XP and 1,000 B.
- Event: Stardust? Check! - Earned 3,000 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: Dragon Horn? How about 3! ...Sorry Derek - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep On Olympus - Earned 2 levels and 10,000 B.
- Event: Let's Shake on It (I)
- Event: The Extinction Machine
- Event: Checkmate
- Event: Anomie
End of Part 1: Timeskip, Earned 15 levels and 25,000 B.
Days Gone By ArcEdit
- Event: 046 - Earned 2,000 XP and 3,200 B.
- Event: The First Child
- Event: Bootstrap - Earned 1,200 XP and 6,000 B.
- Event: The First Man - Earned 80 XP and 400 B.
Kingdom Come ArcEdit
- Event: The Authority of Wrath - Earned 3,600 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Now You See Me - Earned 8,900 XP and 11,000 B.
- Event: The National Anthem - Earned 17,000 XP and 22,000 B.
No More Kid Stuff ArcEdit
- Event: Welcome Back Astrea - Earned 800 XP and 3,600 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep on Astrea - Earned 12,000 XP and 14,000 B.
- Event: Lets Shake on It (II) - Earned 22,000 XP and 32,000 B.
The Requiversary Arc IIIEdit
- Event: An Ideal to Strive Towards - Earned 32,000 XP and 45,000 B.
- Event: My Own Worst Enemy - Earned 30,000 XP and 45,000 B.
What Lies Beneath ArcEdit
- Event: Deamon - Earned 8,700 XP and 5,600 B.
- Event: Here Lies the Silver Falcon - Earned 11,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Fragment of Him - Earned 8,600 XP and 12,300 B.
The Rabbit Hole ArcEdit
- Event: Let's Shake on it (III) - Earned 7,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Bait and Switch - Earned 11,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Ticket Please - Earned 14,000 XP and 13,000 B.
- Event: Arrival Part 1 - Earned 8,000 XP and 6,000 B.
- Event: Arrival Part 2 - Earned 8,000 XP and 6,000 B.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
While in the womb, Rayne's mother was turned into a dead-apostle resulting in Rayne's genetics being altered during her development. Because of this, she displays attributes similar to that of a human and that of a Dead Apostle making her a Mixed-Blood. As a Mixed-Blood, Rayne is completely reliant on feeding off of blood, whether this be animal or human does not really matter to her though she does prefer animal blood in an attempt to stay in touch with her humanity. Furthermore, while she can be weakened by it, the affect of sunlight on Rayne is not as effective as it would be on another Dead Apostle. Another difference is that Rayne ages normally and only requires blood to satisfy her hunger as opposed to keep her from degenerating. Whilst she has tried before to eat conventional human food, she can't bring herself to be able to digest it properly and thus avoids it all together. As a Mixed-Blood, Rayne is granted the following:
- Superhuman Reflexes & Agility:
- Superhuman Flexibility:
- Superhuman Senses:
- Vampire Fangs & Claws:
- Enhanced Physical Capabilities:
The Accursed is the name given to the "monster" (as Rayne dubs it) sealed away in her left arm by Dr. Manhattan. It is a biological demon made from blood with 80% of it's body being composed of Magic Circuits. It's power is completely reliant on the Rayne's blood intake and can act as her tool of feeding in cases of extreme hunger. The Accursed also grants Rayne the abilities of:
- Superhuman Strength:
- Eroding Detachment:
Holy Devil Slayer MagicEdit
Rayne was bestowed with Holy Devil Slayer Magic at a young age, via a magic transfer. It is a form of Lost-Caster Magic which falls under the Slayer line. With this magic Rayne is able to use surrounding light and convert it to Holy Light. This however comes as a double edged sword and can affect Rayne due to her Mixed-Blood physiology, meaning that using the magic weakens her physically.
- Holy Devil's Rage: Rayne unleashes a wave of holy light after gathering it in her mouth, the attack is powerful enough to level buildings and can cause serious burns to her opponent.
- Holy Devil's Gatling: Rayne fires a volley of holy light from her mouth.
- Holy Devil's Valiant Strike:Holy Devil's Valiant Strike is a basic spell used by Rayne. She raises either one of her arms into the air and gathers holy light in the palm of her hand. The light will then become a glowing translucent sphere which she then fires at extraordinary speeds towards her intended target. As it travels the sphere will spin a gain a tail akin to that of a comet before smashing into her opponent. Once contact is made the sphere will either continue to travel which can result in her target being torn through or pushed back.
- Holy Devil's Valiant Strike Kai!: The improved form of Holy Devil's Valiant Strike, it follows the same process but once contact is made between the sphere of holy light and the person, it will explode and shatter, creating a dome of shards of holy light around her target. The dome then partially expands before all the shards zoom in on her target and shred them apart.
- Holy Devil's Pin Missile: Rayne gathers Holy Light into her palm in the form of an orb, when she is ready to fire, multiple pillars of jagged light with piercing ends shoot out from the ball and come at her opponent at multiple different angles.
- Holy Devil's Blessing: Rayneira can use Holy Light as an aura around her weapons, this increases their defensive prowess as well as their cutting power.
- Holy Devil's Sabre: Rayne forms a sword of pure holy light.
Rayne utilizes a unique form of magic which allows her to empower her body with a unique energy gained from the stars, the cosmos and her own divine influence. This grants her the ability to create, shape and manipulate all aspects of stars. The stars which Rayne creates are similar to the stars in space, having great gravitational pull and varying degrees of blazing temperatures. She can use the energy created the magic to form celestial constructs, which she mainly uses in the form of shields and barriers. Rayne also applies this magic to her own body, which augments her physical abilities as well.
Rapture is a form of magic used in conjunction with Divine Law. It takes the form of a large magic symbol across the floor which forms a link between Rayne's conscience and that of everyone within the symbols jurisdiction. They are then judged according to Rayne's morality and the information is then immediately fed back to her. With this ability, Rayne can immediately tell who her enemies are.
Used in unison with rapture, a bright light envelops the area and inflicts massive damage on whoever Rapture perceives as an enemy for Rayne, leaving friends and bystanders completely unharmed.
Divine God SlayerEdit
The form of God Slayer Magic that Rayne uses revolves around light, similar to her Devil Slayer Magic. As a form of God Slayer Magic, this magic gives her the ability to produce light within her body and then expel it from any part of her body or create it from afar. It also grants her godlike control over the light she produces as well as the light from other sources.
The light produced by this magic is far from normal, which should be expected as it is referred to as "Aether's Light." It is produced by using her god's factor to modify her personal piece of azoth that is present in her body. This allows her to turn her piece of azoth into the very essence of light, otherwise known as Viriditas. The mere presence of Viriditas in her body completely purifies her magic power and allows her to turn it into aether light. The amount of benevolent makes any light she produces a very dangerous substance to demons and deities alike. Rayne is able to give Aether's Light countless abilities since she is able to modify light's very essence. The abilities are separated into forms: one that represents the physical realm, one that represents the metaphysical realm, and a form of light that represents what is beyond.
The first form is known as shifting light, which represents the physical realm. Rayneira is able to influence the physical properties of this form of light in anyway she chooses. Among many other things, this allows her to change its state of matter, temperature, or make it explosive. This allows Rayne to be a lot more versatile and than most Slayers because of the many things she can accomplish. The second form, god light, is the form of Aether's Light that represents the metaphysical realm so it embodies the conceptual side of light. The light that is associated with healing and assisting, destroying impurities and only impurities, spreading hope, negating darkness, creating illusions, etc. The last form of Aether's Light, ascending light, represents what is beyond. Rayne is able to use it to amplify the characteristics of a person or object, such as strength or the speed at which it travels at.
- Telekinesis: Telekinesis is in essence the ability to move an object with your mind, but under the control of someone with an extraordinary amount of power and skill there is no limit to what they can manipulate. Through an impressive use of telekinesis Rayne has been seen controlling a numerous amount of objects at one time. The pinnacle of this is seen with her re-constructing multiple buildings herself by manipulating the thousands of materials needed and piecing them together in under a minute. Besides being able to lift objects, she has shown that she is able to manipulate a body of water, create telekinetic shields and use telekinesis to create devastating punches. But the most impressive feat is that she is able to manipulate electromagnetic waves.
- Telekinetic Shield: Rayne is capable of projecting large circular discs of PSI that can block and deflect any attack that comes into contact with it.
- Sunfall: Rayne manipulates UV rays and concentrates them to one area then release it all in an incredibly powerful beam of energy down towards his target. The effects are devastating being able to completely incinerate most materials.
- Telekinetic Punch: By using his telekinesis Rayne is able to have it increase both the destructive capability and range of one of his punches at incredible speeds. This changes a punch from being a close range attack to being one that could be used long range.
- Mind Jack: Rayne excels at Trance, using illusions to deceive her opponents and then proceeding to defeat them with her mage abilities. The act of eye contact allows her to probe their mind for memories and make them see false things. Furthermore by simply focusing on the presence of a person whether it be by using her senses to detect them or looking at them can allow her to telepathically communicate with them.
- Mind Jack: Overwhelming Presence: Rayne has the ability to emit Trance waves from her body, these waves have the effect to make people start hallucinating and can even knock people out.
- Synchronized: By synchronizing herself with the rhythm of her adversary's breathing, subsequently concealing herself in his opponent's "mental blind spot", Rayne can move without notice even against the most diligent of foes.
As well as improving her abilities as a Mage and Psyren, Rayne also developed strong skills as a Saint during her first four years living in Athena. Through this, Rayneira has great proficiency with Cosmo. Cosmo is the source of life for all living beings and also the reason all matter in the universe exists. It seems that Cosmo is also related to the movement of atoms, so it's clear that with a sufficiently powerful Cosmo it's possible to alter the nature of any object, from destroying atoms to stopping them. Cosmo originated from the Big Bang that gave birth to the universe, and any time Cosmo is burned inside a body, it's a smaller scale reproduction of the real Big Bang. All human beings have Cosmo deep inside themselves, but only a few are truly aware of it, and even fewer are able to burn it and/or increase it until it explodes. Burning one's Cosmo enables a being to perform extraordinary feats including pulverizing rocks with their bare hands, striking faster than the speed of sound, throwing hundreds of blows in a second. Beings such as Saints are humans who have been trained to awaken and attune to their Cosmo. Comparatively, even the weakest Saint can outclass even the strongest of human warrior through the awakening of their Cosmo. As their Cosmo grows, it becomes necessary for a being to practice controlling their abilities and powers.
It's also to note that Cosmo is heavily influenced by emotion. Incredible displays of willpower or strain have shown to allow beings such as Saints to surpass his usual limits and access far greater levels of Cosmo, though such feats are brief due to the sudden surge of Cosmo being beyond the being's current level of sensitivity to maintain.
- Celestial Brawler: Rayne concentrates cosmo into her hands, which in turn grants her great combat prowess. Using this technique, Rayne has been shown to punch over large distances, creating forces great enough to flatten forests.
Cosmos can possess an Elemental Attribute that can strengthen the power of the Cosmos when used. There are seven Elements with their respective Strengths and Weaknesses. The Elements are Water, Fire, Wind, Thunder, Earth, Light and Darkness. Rayne's elemental attribute is that of Light.
- The Accursed: The Accursed is an parasitic type innocence embedded into the creature harbouring in Rayne's hand of the same name. The process has left Rayne scarred with a mark on the back of her hand and under certain circumstances her hand can appear to glow gold.
Rayne has intelligence that is significantly above standard genius level intellect; possessing exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, and originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of new advances in a domain of knowledge. She is gifted with higher mental faculties such as a more powerful memory, better calculation skills, greater reasoning skills, and superior learning capacity.
Adoptive Muscle MemoryEdit
Rayne can copy any movement/action after seeing it performed once, including acrobatics, martial arts, and other physical stunts. With these skills she can become a master and incredible at what she does, by combining what several forms and movements in rhythmic motions instead of using the same thing over.
She can copy how a person aims, giving themselves incredible marksmanship, though if they wanted to use certain weapons they would have to watch a person fire that weapon to be able to copy it. Such as how to fire a rifle as opposed to how to fire a bow, or how to throw knives or darts.
Rayne's physical abilities are heightened to the point where she can perform any physical act without difficulty. She merely needs to imagine herself doing the act in her mind, then she's able to perform it without any problem. This could range from free running, to juggling swords, to doing multiple back-flips.
Rayne possesses incredible skill in one, several, or in some cases every possible field or discipline, whether intellectual or practical, formal or mundane: mathematics, law, cooking, strategy, sports, games, politics, fighting, mechanics, psychology, economics, art, medicine, investigation, etc.
She demonstrates a mind-boggling level of perceptiveness and efficiency in her respective field(s), displaying virtually impossible feats with ridiculous ease. Her unbelievable level of competence truly puts her in an unreachable category of her own, that simply eludes others' understanding.
She can project seductive thoughts to the minds of others, speak with subliminal seductive power behind each word, and/or stimulate the brain's pleasure centers by touch, voice or thought. This can be used to attract and seduce any subject one desires, because the subject receiving the thoughts would believe they were the ones thinking them.
- Thousand-Mile Flight: Mastema: Mastema is a Teigu that takes the form of two floating discs that sprout wings. Mastema allows its user to gain wings which give them the ability to fly; Rayne is able to fly at high speeds and displays high maneuverability, as well as the ability to hover. It also enables the user to shoot a seemingly infinite barrage feathers towards enemies, easily capable of slicing through dense materials such as diamond or graphene.
- God's Wings: The trump card of Mastema, which gives the wings the ability to reflect an opponent's attacks. When used, the disks split into segments and the wings turn into what appears to be ethereal substance, allowing them to be shaped into a protective shield.
- AhGhul: AhGhul is the main offensive weapon of Rayne and takes the form of a dark sword. The blade is a product of the "Accursed" and made from a combination of the iron in Rayne's blood and magic circuits. The circuits in the blade allow it to extend and retract. Rayne stores the sword in her body and can summon it from the mark of her arm. Furthermore, the blade is highly durable being able to tank and block a vast array of attacks, it also consumes the blood of those it cuts to reinforce it's molecular integrity and defensive prowess.