|“||In the bleak midwinter.||”|
Rayneira Dusk commonly referred to as Rayne is a 18 year old Mage originally from the Scarlet Sea of the Olympian Commonwealth but now living in the kingdom of Athena. She is currently a student within the Further Education system of Olympus, studying to be a prosecutor. Rayne is one of the 4 main characters of St. Lucifer within the main story's RP.
Rayneira possesses a sharp tongue and can be blunt while still maintaining a straight face when speaking to others. This trait of hers makes interacting with her a challenging task, if not impossible, and is something that everyone discovers first-hand. Her complex of superiority stems from the fact she doesn't like to keep people close for fear she'll lose them. Rayne uses her constant insults and blunt tone to shield an ego from the inevitability of loss and death.
Rayneira has also proven herself to be a capable tactician and strategist being able to devise what would have been a great plan against Juno the Hollow, with only spending a couple of minutes with her comrades.
Despite all this she is extremely fragile emotionally and has issues with self worth and identity. To herself, Rayne getting close to someone will only start the countdown to their demise and all she can be is be a burden to help speed that countdown up. Furthermore, she sees herself as a monster waiting to burst free which is another reason she tends to keep to herself.
Following the awakening of Christa's memories, Rayne's perception of humanity and life in general has grown very cold. Her valuation of human left has plummeted greatly and she is now in constant conflict as to whether human life is worth saving. As a result, she's found herself consuming a lot more human blood in comparison to parts 1 and 2, where she only consumed animal blood to bring herself closer to humanity.
New Dawn ArcEdit
- Event: A Beautiful Lie - Earned 4,400 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: No More Kid Stuff - Earned 12,000 XP and 7,000 B.
- Event: The Legend of Rayme - Earned 6,600 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: The List - Earned 3,600 XP and 2,000 B.
- Event: Blue - Earned 5,400 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: Training - Earned 3 Levels and 12,000 B.
Rookie Pit ArcEdit
- Event: Into the Pit - Earned 9,500 XP and 7,000 B.
- Event: Scarlet Flower? Check! - Earned 1,000 XP and 1,000 B.
- Event: Stardust? Check! - Earned 3,000 XP and 3,000 B.
- Event: Dragon Horn? How about 3! ...Sorry Derek - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep On Olympus - Earned 2 levels and 10,000 B.
- Event: Let's Shake on It (I)
- Event: The Extinction Machine
- Event: Checkmate
- Event: Anomie
End of Part 1: Timeskip, Earned 15 levels and 25,000 B.
Days Gone By ArcEdit
- Event: 046 - Earned 2,000 XP and 3,200 B.
- Event: The First Child
- Event: Bootstrap - Earned 1,200 XP and 6,000 B.
- Event: The First Man - Earned 80 XP and 400 B.
Kingdom Come ArcEdit
- Event: The Authority of Wrath - Earned 3,600 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Now You See Me - Earned 8,900 XP and 11,000 B.
- Event: The National Anthem - Earned 17,000 XP and 22,000 B.
No More Kid Stuff ArcEdit
- Event: Welcome Back Astrea - Earned 800 XP and 3,600 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep on Astrea - Earned 12,000 XP and 14,000 B.
- Event: Lets Shake on It (II) - Earned 22,000 XP and 32,000 B.
The Requiversary Arc IIIEdit
- Event: An Ideal to Strive Towards - Earned 32,000 XP and 45,000 B.
- Event: My Own Worst Enemy - Earned 30,000 XP and 45,000 B.
What Lies Beneath ArcEdit
- Event: Deamon - Earned 8,700 XP and 5,600 B.
- Event: Here Lies the Silver Falcon - Earned 11,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Fragment of Him - Earned 8,600 XP and 12,300 B.
The Rabbit Hole ArcEdit
- Event: Let's Shake on it (III) - Earned 7,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Astrea v The Rabbit Hole - Earned 13,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: A Dream of Gaia - Earned 17,000 XP and 13,000 B.
The Otherside ArcEdit
- Event: Warden of the Otherside - Earned 5,000 XP and 4,000 B.
- Event: Unravel - Earned 15,000 XP and 12,000 B.
- Event: Void Genome - Earned 13,000 XP and 15,000 B.
- Event: The Nest - Earned 15,000 XP and 11,000 B.
- Event: Christa - Earned 20,000 XP and 18,000 B.
- Event: In the Bleak Midwinter - Earned 30,000 XP and 28,000 B.
- Event: Collateral - Earned 30,000 XP and 25,000 B.
End of Part 2: Timeskip, Earned 2 levels and 80,000 B.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
While in the womb, Rayne's mother was turned into a dead-apostle resulting in Rayne's genetics being altered during her development. Because of this, she displays attributes similar to that of a human and that of a Dead Apostle making her a Mixed-Blood. As a Mixed-Blood, Rayne is completely reliant on feeding off of blood, whether this be animal or human does not really matter to her though she does prefer animal blood in an attempt to stay in touch with her humanity. Furthermore, while she can be weakened by it, the affect of sunlight on Rayne is not as effective as it would be on another Dead Apostle. Another difference is that Rayne ages normally and only requires blood to satisfy her hunger as opposed to keep her from degenerating. Whilst she has tried before to eat conventional human food, she can't bring herself to be able to digest it properly and thus avoids it all together. As a Mixed-Blood, Rayne is granted the following:
- Superhuman Reflexes & Agility:
- Superhuman Flexibility:
- Superhuman Senses:
- Vampire Fangs & Claws:
- Enhanced Physical Capabilities:
The Accursed is the name given to the "monster" (as Rayne dubs it) sealed away in her left arm by Dr. Manhattan. It is a biological demon made from blood with 80% of it's body being composed of Magic Circuits. It's power is completely reliant on the Rayne's blood intake and can act as her tool of feeding in cases of extreme hunger. The Accursed also grants Rayne the abilities of:
- Superhuman Strength:
- Eroding Detachment:
Holy Devil Slayer MagicEdit
Rayne was bestowed with Holy Devil Slayer Magic at a young age, via a magic transfer. It is a form of Lost-Caster Magic which falls under the Slayer line. With this magic Rayne is able to use surrounding light and convert it to Holy Light. This however comes as a double edged sword and can affect Rayne due to her Mixed-Blood physiology, meaning that using the magic weakens her physically.
- Holy Devil's Rage: Rayne unleashes a wave of holy light after gathering it in her mouth, the attack is powerful enough to level buildings and can cause serious burns to her opponent.
- Holy Devil's Gatling: Rayne fires a volley of holy light from her mouth.
- Holy Devil's Valiant Strike:Holy Devil's Valiant Strike is a basic spell used by Rayne. She raises either one of her arms into the air and gathers holy light in the palm of her hand. The light will then become a glowing translucent sphere which she then fires at extraordinary speeds towards her intended target. As it travels the sphere will spin a gain a tail akin to that of a comet before smashing into her opponent. Once contact is made the sphere will either continue to travel which can result in her target being torn through or pushed back.
- Holy Devil's Valiant Strike Kai!: The improved form of Holy Devil's Valiant Strike, it follows the same process but once contact is made between the sphere of holy light and the person, it will explode and shatter, creating a dome of shards of holy light around her target. The dome then partially expands before all the shards zoom in on her target and shred them apart.
- Holy Devil's Pin Missile: Rayne gathers Holy Light into her palm in the form of an orb, when she is ready to fire, multiple pillars of jagged light with piercing ends shoot out from the ball and come at her opponent at multiple different angles.
- Holy Devil's Blessing: Rayneira can use Holy Light as an aura around her weapons, this increases their defensive prowess as well as their cutting power.
- Holy Devil's Sabre: Rayne forms a sword of pure holy light.
Rapture is a form of magic used in conjunction with Divine Law. It takes the form of a large magic symbol across the floor which forms a link between Rayne's conscience and that of everyone within the symbols jurisdiction. They are then judged according to Rayne's morality and the information is then immediately fed back to her. With this ability, Rayne can immediately tell who her enemies are.
- Divine Law: Used in unison with rapture, a bright light envelops the area and inflicts massive damage on whoever Rapture perceives as an enemy for Rayne, leaving friends and bystanders completely unharmed.
Divine Authority: Magic SealingEdit
Divine Authority: Magic Sealing refers to a series of Caster Magics which are derived from Sealing Magic revolving around the projection of the user's Magic Seal in all shapes and sizes. When harnessing any one of the Divine Authority Magic Seal Arts, Rayne is capable of skipping the "casting sequence" of her magic and projecting her magical energy outwards in order to manifest her Magic Seals in the form they'd usually be in when beginning to bring one of their spells into the current plane of existence- from here, she is able to utilize her Magic Seals in a variety of ways; with each Magic Seal being defined into hundreds of subcategories, meaning that there is an almost unlimited amount of options at the user's disposal. More often than not, the Magic Seals that Rayne can project have a variety of effects on both sentient and non-sentient beings, up to and including buildings and the like. The Magic Seals manifest usually depends on where the Rayne's hand points to, though sometimes it appears from below or above them.
- Dis Pater: Dis Pater is Rayne's variant of Amaterasu. The exact amount of magical energy necessary to unleash an Dis Pater Magic Seal is manipulated through hand seals. There are different sequences of hand seals for every technique, requiring memorization. While formulas may require a number of hand seals to work, Rayne can use less or even one to perform the same formula. After performing these hand seals, Dis Pater Magic Seals appear, with each formula having a different appearance. Once written the seals unleash lethal explosions around and inside the targeted area; often utilized in the form of a spherical shockwave that extends outwards, damaging everything within its path. The scale of the destruction caused by these explosions seems to be linked to the amount of seals used in the spell. Casting Dis Pater Magic Seals seems to normally take a considerate amount of time to cast.
- Formula 28: Rayne forms a pattern and three Dis Pater Magic seals are created, in the shape of circles one in front of another, in front of her. The area around the target is then engulfed in a massive cylindrical shockwave that then turns into a pillar with runes written around it.
- Formula 35: Rayne draws a crucifix with hand gestures, that is recreated below her, on the ground. All of a sudden, a purple beam of energy shoots out of the ground, creating a barrier that protects her from outside attacks.
- Lugh: The Lugh Magic Seals are aether-based Divine Authority Magic Seal Arts; a series of magic which involve the manipulation and projection of a magician's Magic Seal while utilizing hand gestures, also known as Mudra. Rayne gathers and condenses ambient eternano within ther hands as she surges the magical energy within her outwards briefly, putting ambient particles of eternano suspended within the atmosphere under their thrall while siphoning the essence of their magical power into the environment. through mental commands alone, Rayne focuses, installing within these energies her thoughts of what lies beyond the earth, space, and everything detailed within that region, enabling her to shift her own magical energies and other particles into the primary energy of Chaos Arts, Sacred Aether.
- Figure 54: Rayne forms an extremely dense ball of aether with a glowing center. The pivitol characteristic of the sphere is it's intense gravitational pull. When cast, Figure 54 devastates landscapes, being able to rip houses from the ground and ruin mountains. During this time, the sphere makes it very difficult to cast forms of energy or plasma as its gravitational force would pull in the energy
Divine God SlayerEdit
The form of God Slayer Magic that Rayne uses revolves around light, similar to her Devil Slayer Magic. As a form of God Slayer Magic, this magic gives her the ability to produce light within her body and then expel it from any part of her body or create it from afar. It also grants her godlike control over the light she produces as well as the light from other sources.
The light produced by this magic is far from normal, which should be expected as it is referred to as "Aether's Light." It is produced by using her god's factor to modify her personal piece of azoth that is present in her body. This allows her to turn her piece of azoth into the very essence of light, otherwise known as Viriditas. The mere presence of Viriditas in her body completely purifies her magic power and allows her to turn it into aether light. The amount of benevolent makes any light she produces a very dangerous substance to demons and deities alike. However, as a result of the memories of Christa embedded into her head by Manhattan, Rayne's Aether Light has gained a unique trait of being extremely cold. The light strips the surrounding environment of heat, causing the surrounding environment to freeze over. Biological matter graced by the presence of the light is placed in extreme danger as cells within the organism seize to function due to being in such a cold environment. Rayne is able to give Aether's Light countless abilities since she is able to modify light's very essence. The abilities are separated into forms: one that represents the physical realm, one that represents the metaphysical realm, and a form of light that represents what is beyond.
- Shifting Light: Represents the physical realm. Rayneira is able to influence the physical properties of this form of light in anyway she chooses. Among many other things, this allows her to change its state of matter, temperature, or make it explosive. This allows Rayne to be a lot more versatile than most Slayers because of the many things she can accomplish.
- God Light: The form of Aether's Light that represents the metaphysical realm. It embodies the conceptual side of light. The light that is associated with healing and assisting, destroying impurities and only impurities, spreading hope, negating darkness, creating illusions, etc.
- Divine God's Hyperion: Rayne brings her hands in front of her and makes a circle with hands. She then fills the space in-between her hand with god light. The internal pressure of the god light is increased dramatically. Once the internal pressure of the god light has reached its peak she claps her hands causing the god light to radiate outward. The high-level internal pressure of the god light makes it very destructive, capable of being large enough and destructive enough to easily level a large town. Due to the nature of the god light, the light only harms those who Rayne deems as a foe while she fuels the god light with her magic power to heal all those who deems as an ally.
- Aether's Light: The ascending light, representing what is beyond. Rayne is able to use it to amplify the characteristics of a person or object, such as strength or the speed at which it travels at.
Angel Soul: AzraelEdit
Take Over: Angel Soul is a Caster Magic and a form of Take Over; as the name ever-so-subtly suggests, it enables the user to take the form of the divine existences subservient to the deities above- in other words, angels. Rayne gained the ability to use Take Over: Angel Soul, when she defeated the spirit of the archangel Azrael.
When bringing the power gained Take Over: Angel Soul to the very forefront, she releases the eternano particles that are all that remained of the assimilated angel and superimposes them over her body, solidifying them with magical manipulation and tuning their Magic Origin with the remnants of the angel's soul, thus bringing their form into existence once more; albeit under the user's control as they wear it as an "armour" of sorts. As a result of Take Over: Angel Soul, Rayne's physical capabilities increase exponentially, as far as she in concerned, her strength bares no limits and her speed flattens that of lightening. Furthemore, Rayne's light magic increases increases greatly in destructive capacity. Both AhGhul and Yamato become celestial weapons, increasing their durability and cutting prowess.
- Astral Space: Rayne's Astral Space revolves around the creation of a literal and isolated sphere of influence, containing various representations of celestial bodies integrated into its external circumference, projected outwards from her own physical entity that acts as the central focal point of the dome. The visible exterior of this three-dimensional space occupies a region moderately larger than that observed by a typical burst stream, encompassing and defining the outer confines of the domain that becomes subject to Rayne's subsequent whims. This external barrier is resistant to the majority of external forces as it is Rayne's own will which determines the denial or permission of entry, resulting in it performing as a more than adequate defense under most circumstances. However, Rayne's authority is even more decisive in regards to the conditions of the internal environment, where multiple aspects can be significantly altered by the manipulation of the surrounding astrological features, instigated by thought alone. Her extensive knowledge in the area of cosmology make the creation of these affects, such as the influencing of gravity, a simple task by simply recreating already known phenomenon.
- Gravity Manipulation: Within the confines of her realm of influence, Rayne is able to selectively control the magnitude of gravitational force that afflicts an object, effectively increasing or decreasing its relative weight. Conventionally, she manipulates this technique to hamper her opponents movements while augmenting her very own, by comparatively making their bodies feel as if they are as heavy as lead and as light as a feather respectively.
- Telekinesis: Telekinesis is in essence the ability to move an object with your mind, but under the control of someone with an extraordinary amount of power and skill there is no limit to what they can manipulate. Through an impressive use of telekinesis Rayne has been seen controlling a numerous amount of objects at one time. The pinnacle of this is seen with her re-constructing multiple buildings herself by manipulating the thousands of materials needed and piecing them together in under a minute. Besides being able to lift objects, she has shown that she is able to manipulate a body of water, create telekinetic shields and use telekinesis to create devastating punches. But the most impressive feat is that she is able to manipulate electromagnetic waves.
- Telekinetic Shield: Rayne is capable of projecting large circular discs of PSI that can block and deflect any attack that comes into contact with it.
- Sunfall: Rayne manipulates UV rays and concentrates them to one area then release it all in an incredibly powerful beam of energy down towards his target. The effects are devastating being able to completely incinerate most materials.
- Telekinetic Punch: By using his telekinesis Rayne is able to have it increase both the destructive capability and range of one of his punches at incredible speeds. This changes a punch from being a close range attack to being one that could be used long range.
- Telepathy: Rayne can read/sense another person's thoughts, communicate with them mentally and/or affect their minds. Telepathy falls into two categories: Telepathic Communication, which is the ability to transmit information from mind to another, and Telepathic Perception, which is the ability to receive information from another mind.
- Telepathic Projection: Rayne can project thoughts directly into people's psyche. Through this, she can subconsciously indoctrinate people over time.
- Mind Jack: Rayne excels at Trance, using illusions to deceive her opponents and then proceeding to defeat them with her mage abilities. The act of eye contact allows her to probe their mind for memories and make them see false things. Furthermore by simply focusing on the presence of a person whether it be by using her senses to detect them or looking at them can allow her to telepathically communicate with them.
- Mind Jack: Overwhelming Presence: Rayne has the ability to emit Trance waves from her body, these waves have the effect to make people start hallucinating and can even knock people out.
- Shadow: Rayne can project a psychic shadow over herself in order to protect her mine from other Trance users, as well as those with psionic abilities.
- The Broken World: At it's peak, Rayne's trance can completely alter her world view, the resultant phenomena that Rayne experiences is called the The Broken World. For Rayne, she can no longer see living beings, just a shadow of what they once looked like to her. What she can see however is butterflies. These butterflies gather around the shadows that Rayne perceives based on how close they are to death. When a person dies within the Broken World, they scatter into butterflies. An advantage of the Broken World is that it is absolute in terms of sensory perception; with it active, is is nigh impossible for opponents to hide their presence from Rayne. However, Rayne can often find it difficult to differentiate between people and is reliant on her other senses to guide her.
- Synchronized: By synchronizing herself with the rhythm of her adversary's breathing, subsequently concealing herself in his opponent's "mental blind spot", Rayne can move without notice even against the most diligent of foes.
As well as improving her abilities as a Mage and Psyren, Rayne also developed strong skills as a Saint during her first four years living in Athena. Through this, Rayneira has great proficiency with Cosmo. Cosmo is the source of life for all living beings and also the reason all matter in the universe exists. It seems that Cosmo is also related to the movement of atoms, so it's clear that with a sufficiently powerful Cosmo it's possible to alter the nature of any object, from destroying atoms to stopping them. Cosmo originated from the Big Bang that gave birth to the universe, and any time Cosmo is burned inside a body, it's a smaller scale reproduction of the real Big Bang. All human beings have Cosmo deep inside themselves, but only a few are truly aware of it, and even fewer are able to burn it and/or increase it until it explodes. Burning one's Cosmo enables a being to perform extraordinary feats including pulverizing rocks with their bare hands, striking faster than the speed of sound, throwing hundreds of blows in a second. Beings such as Saints are humans who have been trained to awaken and attune to their Cosmo. Comparatively, even the weakest Saint can outclass even the strongest of human warrior through the awakening of their Cosmo. As their Cosmo grows, it becomes necessary for a being to practice controlling their abilities and powers.
It's also to note that Cosmo is heavily influenced by emotion. Incredible displays of willpower or strain have shown to allow beings such as Saints to surpass his usual limits and access far greater levels of Cosmo, though such feats are brief due to the sudden surge of Cosmo being beyond the being's current level of sensitivity to maintain.
- Celestial Brawler: Rayne concentrates cosmo into her hands, which in turn grants her great combat prowess. Using this technique, Rayne has been shown to punch over large distances, creating forces great enough to flatten forests.
Cosmos can possess an Elemental Attribute that can strengthen the power of the Cosmos when used. There are seven Elements with their respective Strengths and Weaknesses. The Elements are Water, Fire, Wind, Thunder, Earth, Light and Darkness. Rayne's elemental attribute is that of Light.
Rayne has intelligence that is significantly above standard genius level intellect; possessing exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, and originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of new advances in a domain of knowledge. She is gifted with higher mental faculties such as a more powerful memory, better calculation skills, greater reasoning skills, and superior learning capacity.
Adoptive Muscle MemoryEdit
Rayne can copy any movement/action after seeing it performed once, including acrobatics, martial arts, and other physical stunts. With these skills she can become a master and incredible at what she does, by combining what several forms and movements in rhythmic motions instead of using the same thing over.
She can copy how a person aims, giving themselves incredible marksmanship, though if they wanted to use certain weapons they would have to watch a person fire that weapon to be able to copy it. Such as how to fire a rifle as opposed to how to fire a bow, or how to throw knives or darts.
Rayne's physical abilities are heightened to the point where she can perform any physical act without difficulty. She merely needs to imagine herself doing the act in her mind, then she's able to perform it without any problem. This could range from free running, to juggling swords, to doing multiple back-flips.
Rayne possesses incredible skill in one, several, or in some cases every possible field or discipline, whether intellectual or practical, formal or mundane: mathematics, law, cooking, strategy, sports, games, politics, fighting, mechanics, psychology, economics, art, medicine, investigation, etc.
She demonstrates a mind-boggling level of perceptiveness and efficiency in her respective field(s), displaying virtually impossible feats with ridiculous ease. Her unbelievable level of competence truly puts her in an unreachable category of her own, that simply eludes others' understanding.
She can project seductive thoughts to the minds of others, speak with subliminal seductive power behind each word, and/or stimulate the brain's pleasure centers by touch, voice or thought. This can be used to attract and seduce any subject one desires, because the subject receiving the thoughts would believe they were the ones thinking them.
- Thousand-Mile Flight: Mastema: Mastema is a Teigu that takes the form of two floating discs that sprout wings. Mastema allows its user to gain wings which give them the ability to fly; Rayne is able to fly at high speeds and displays high maneuverability, as well as the ability to hover. It also enables the user to shoot a seemingly infinite barrage feathers towards enemies, easily capable of slicing through dense materials such as diamond or graphene.
- Thousand-Mile Flight: Archangel: When Rayne calls this incantation, magic energy surges through the wings of Mastema turning them into Valyrian. As a result, Rayne can fire valyrian projectile wings capable of slicing through most matter on the planet. Her defensive capabilities also increase due to strength of the metal itself.
- God's Wings: The trump card of Mastema, which gives the wings the ability to reflect an opponent's attacks. When used, the disks split into segments and the wings turn into what appears to be ethereal substance, allowing them to be shaped into a protective shield.
- AhGhul: AhGhul is the main offensive weapon of Rayne and takes the form of a dark sword. The blade is a product of the "Accursed" and made from a combination of the iron in Rayne's blood and magic circuits. The circuits in the blade allow it to extend and retract. Rayne stores the sword in her body and can summon it from the mark of her arm. Furthermore, the blade is highly durable being able to tank and block a vast array of attacks, it also consumes the blood of those it cuts to reinforce it's molecular integrity and defensive prowess.
- Yamato: Although Yamato resembles a katana, it is even sharper than the Japanese blade,and is imbued with tremendous magic. The sword is said to be able to cut through anything, even the very fabric of space itself. Although when the user is weakened, the sword's ability to cut through anything also fades. Rayne utilizes an ability called Judgement Cut in which she swings so fast that Yamato doesn't appear to even leave its sheath. It creates a distortion in space that engulfs her target which is sliced multiple times by the blade in very rapid succession. The ability is capable of hitting any enemies that are within her rather large distortion radius.