Oliver Reaper is a 18 year old Esper from the Kingdom of Nemesis who grew up in the flea-bottom of the cities capital. He is a Soul Reaper and a focused individual with a rather bleak outlook on life. His goal is to make something out of himself despite living in in what he calls "hell in a picnic basket". Ollie has a demon contract with a vengeful demon known as the Spectre and this has lead to a change in his biology and overall abilities.
Oliver is a realist in terms of the way he views the world, he's seen the worst humanity has to offer but he's also seen it's best. He believes that a "shitty life" can be changed so long as the person puts an effort into changing it, so he has an inherit distaste to those who lounge around and just complain. Ollie doesn't care for trampling on other people to get what he wants but has a deep sympathy for people who grew up in a similar environment to him.
When interacting with him on a personal level, Oliver can appear blunt and is known for easily aggravating people with the way he talks. To strangers the way he speaks may come across as pretentious but on a deeper level everything he says about society and the world around him is true.
Growing up in fleabottom, he never received a proper education but this doesn't take away from how smart he is. However, this does impact the way he speaks and Oliver is often caught clipping his words or using forms of slang that wouldn't be known to people from other parts of the world. To Ollie, where he comes from is everything to him, he lives for the capital and embraces to good parts and bad parts of it.
Ollie doesn't have a very interesting background, he grew up in an orphanage the oldest of 11 brothers and sisters and would often have to support his younger siblings whilst his maintaining a job to keep the orphanage afloat.
Days Gone By ArcEdit
- Event: 046 - Earned 2,000 XP and 3,200 B.
- Event: The First Child
- Event: Bootstrap - Earned 1,200 XP and 6,000 B.
- Event: The First Man - Earned 80 XP and 400 B.
Kingdom Come ArcEdit
- Event: The Authority of Wrath - Earned 3,600 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Now You See Me - Earned 8,900 XP and 11,000 B.
- Event: The National Anthem - Earned 17,000 XP and 22,000 B.
No More Kid Stuff ArcEdit
- Event: Welcome Back Astrea - Earned 800 XP and 3,600 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep on Astrea - Earned 12,000 XP and 14,000 B.
- Event: Lets Shake on It (II) - Earned 22,000 XP and 32,000 B.
The Requiversary Arc IIIEdit
- Event: An Ideal to Strive Towards - Earned 32,000 XP and 45,000 B.
- Event: My Own Worst Enemy - Earned 30,000 XP and 45,000 B.
What Lies Beneath ArcEdit
- Event: Deamon - Earned 8,700 XP and 5,600 B.
- Event: Here Lies the Silver Falcon - Earned 11,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Fragment of Him - Earned 8,600 XP and 12,300 B.
The Rabbit Hole ArcEdit
- Event: Let's Shake on it (III) - Earned 7,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Astrea v The Rabbit Hole - Earned 13,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: A Dream of Gaia - Earned 17,000 XP and 13,000 B.
The Otherside ArcEdit
- Event: Warden of the Otherside - Earned 5,000 XP and 4,000 B.
- Event: Unravel - Earned 15,000 XP and 12,000 B.
- Event: Void Genome - Earned 13,000 XP and 15,000 B.
- Event: The Nest - Earned 15,000 XP and 11,000 B.
- Event: Christa - Earned 20,000 XP and 18,000 B.
- Event: In the Bleak Midwinter - Earned 30,000 XP and 28,000 B.
- Event: Collateral - Earned 30,000 XP and 25,000 B.
End of Part 2: Timeskip, Earned 2 levels and 80,000 B.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: As the host of Spectre, Ollie's strength varies widely depending on his level of rage. Ollie can lift a minimum of 80 tonnes and has displayed several feats of incredible strength such as ripping people in two, creates large fissures with a single punch, holding up falling buildings and hurling battle ships across the ocean.
- Superhuman Speed: Ollie possesses the ability to think, move, and react at superhuman speeds. He has been observed catching bullets and has also been seen moving far in excess of supersonic speeds.
- Superhuman Stamina: The mystical energy that empowers Ollie prevents his muscles from producing fatigue toxins during physical activities, granting him limitless superhuman stamina.
- Superhuman Durability: The Spectre is capable of withstanding great impact forces, temperature and pressure extremes, powerful energy blasts, and falls from great heights without sustaining injury. As his bodily tissues have been transformed, most projectiles such as bullets simply bounce off him.
- Superhuman Hearing: Ollie possesses vastly enhanced senses. He is able to hear almost any sound at any decibel, pitch, and frequency. The only Earth creature who can detect sounds at the frequencies he can is a blue whale (0.01-200,000 Hz). He has shown enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source/frequency.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: The magical energies imbuing him allows Ollie to slowly regenerate any damage done to him at a faster rate than the majority of people even to the point of fully regenerating lost limbs in a few hours.
- Hellfyre Manipulation: Ollie has a unique form of Hellfyre, his flame is cursed and "burns the soul" as opposed to a person's physical body outright. The fire shares similar properties to Nether (see below), however, is still a form of matter meaning it can be destroyed. He can utilize this fire in various ways, including projecting it from his eyes, hands, mouth, or even channel it from his body into his weapons like his Zanpakuto, form walls of hellfire, and even surround the Knight's Stallion in hellfyre. He can also unleash hellfyre in omnidirectional explosions that are incredibly powerful,
- Paradoxical Chain Manipulation: Ollie can conjure up gaps in reality which allows him to manipulate a black "smoky" chain, this chain is said to share properties of hellfyre and bind his opponents soul directly, burning it.
- Dimensional Power Tap: Ollie is able to tap into the energies of hell and bend them to his will, will this he is able to generate large concussive blasts capable of leveling small cities.
The Knight's StallionEdit
The Knight's Stallion is a herald Ollie can summon, it takes the form of an undead horse surrounded by a black haze. The stallion has a resistance to fire as well as being able to travel over long distances nearly instantaneously as well as ride along the sky.
The power to generate, conjure, and manipulate Nether, the essence that flows through the realms of the Living and the Dead.
Through his demon contract with Spectre, Oliver can create, shape and manipulate Nether, the "Chthonian Element" that flows through the realms of the living, and the Dead. Nether is most known as the substance that makes up the the Otherside and parts of Hell, a subterranean dimension where all souls go when they pass on. Nether is very similar to Aether, “the Celestial Element”, in that is from a plane that exists between the planes of both matter, and energy. However, although it can partake in the nature of either substances, Nether is neither of these things.
Despite being often considered "Death-Force" Nether is more than the source of what drains life away from living things, it is the destructive aspect of reality, the source and very concept of entropy and destruction, disasters and all degeneration in matter, energy and concepts. It is the power that makes possible and ensures severing the soul's connection to their mortal body, so they can pass onto the after life. It is also the power that summons and controls the souls of the deceased. Users of this power acknowledge that Nether exists in Elemental, Cosmic, and Spiritual forces. Nether exists in the cosmos as sort of a gateway between the land of the Living and the Dead, stretching out to anywhere where death has potential to occur.
Like Aether, Nether is a Spiritual Element, which means it cannot be perceived by any physical sense. Ollie is not very skilled in using Immanence and can only apply it in the following two ways:
- Nether Kinetic Combat: By channeling Nether through his body, Ollie can augment his physical abilities as well as use the energy to send shock-waves through the air.
- Disaster Manipulation: Oliver can create and manipulate a variety of natural disasters, including avalanches, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hydro-logical disasters, meteorological disasters and wildfires. By releasing raw Nether from his body, Oliver has also been shown to cause severe weather phenomena such as hurricanes.
As an Esper, Ollie has an ability which he dubs as "The Smog", before his contract with Spectre, his esper ability was a white mist known as Chill. The Smog is a deadly ability which contrasts heavily with Chill, instead of a cold white whist, the Smog is a black, thick haze, with a red tint capable of burning at 400 degree F and more. Ollie can secrete the haze from the pores of his skin as well as from his nose and mouth. Ollie can also make physical constructs by condensing the Smog.
As a Knight, Oliver has been granted magic enchantments by demons to make up for his lack of Power.
- Hustle: Hustle is an enchantment that alters Ollie's state of mine, in essence, the enchantment gives Ollie an indomitable will and the mindset to strive for his goals whatever this cost. This makes Ollie extremely hard to put down in combat and can make squeezing information out of him nigh impossible. Hustle also grants Ollie a series of mental barriers which make him immune to most forms of telepathy as well illusion casting.
- Hard Protection: An enchantment that forms a protective barrier, forming around the user and is capable of fending off physical attacks.
- Hellblaze: Hellblaze is dark and mysterious power connected to the Demon Clan. The enchantment allows the user to generate and control black flames that cannot be extinguished. In addition to its immensely devastating power, the flames also nullify the any regenerative abilities including that of an immortal. In battle Hellblaze can be imbued upon weapons to drastically increase their destructive potential, hurled as fireballs at an opponent or used in hand-to-hand combat.
- Rapid Movement: A common ability that allows users to move in great speed in a blink of eye as if by teleporting.
Ollie is a skilled Soul Reaper almost entirely self taught from books, he displays many of the skills that would take a normal person almost years to master and in this respect is considered a prodigy. As a Soul Reaper, Oliver is proficient with Reiryoku, Reiryoku is a power aligned with the spiritual sensitivity and willpower of the user. It is used by Soul Reapers and other spiritual beings to provide power for their various abilities.
Every spiritual being and every Human has a certain amount of Reiryoku. If this amount is higher than a certain degree, it grants the person superhuman abilities. Those with such an above-average level of Reiryoku are very rare among living Humans. It seems to be that the most basic ability that Humans with a higher level of Reiryoku have is the ability to see into and interact with the Otherside. Ollie possesses a great level of spiritual power.
Wa'Hami: Wa'Hami is Oliver's Zanpukto and is an 11inch silver Tando with 1 black edge, and a hilt with a chain attached to it which can wrap around Ollie's hand. With this chain, Ollie has been know to launch the blade at his opponents or even wrap it around an object to pull said object closer to himself.
- Shikai: Wa'Hami's Shikai is triggered by the command Requiem, which causes both the blade and Oliver to gain a glowing green distinctive aura. When active, the chains bind around Oliver's dominant arm and are tainted black and flood Oliver with spiritual energy, giving him superhuman physical capabilities and allowing all slashes with the blade to attack a person's soul directly.
The difference between spiritual pressure and spiritual energy is simple: Reiryoku is the amount of energy a being has stored within their body or soul, whereas Reiatsu is the pressure that a person’s Reiryoku exerts. In other words, Reiryoku is potential while Reiatsu is energy in use and can be sensed by other spiritually aware beings. In general, those with high levels of Reiryoku will often have the highest levels of Reiatsu also. A skilled warrior can overcome a person possessing greater Reiryoku by possessing greater Reiatsu. This is achieved by having greater control over their own spirit energy.
Oliver can exert his Reiatsu to induce fear in his opponents, and can physically paralyze and possibly even choke combatants by gazing in their direction. Ollie's spiritual pressure has altered under the effects of Spectre for it is the elemental representative of hellfyre (see above). He tends to glow with a fiery aura, which has the potential to burn and set his surroundings on fire without the use of his other abilities. It is the formidable pressure of his Reiatsu which makes the Reiatsu itself look like flames. When Ollie is enraged, his Reiatsu is powerful enough to incinerate his surroundings.
- Phantom Pain: High level of spiritual pressure can make an opponent feel as though they are being attacked though nothing is physically happening to them.
- Reiastsu Armour: Ollie can form an armour of Reiastu hellfyre around himself which burns the soul's of his combatants when physical contact is met.
Kidō is a form of Shinigami combat based on advanced spells. These spells are produced with strong Reiryoku and fall into two categories: Hadō for direct attacks, and Bakudō for battle support.
Bakudo: Supplementary spells which can immobilize an enemy or have an effect besides a direct strike. They may seem subtle, but these spells can give their users a tactical advantage when used properly. These are a broad category of defensive spells which block/repel attacks or freezes enemies in place.
- Sai: The practitioner points their index and middle fingers at the intended target(s), causing the target's arms to lock behind their back. The spell is usable on a single target or a significantly large group of people.
- Hainawa: Generating a crackling yellow energy rope within his hand(s), the practitioner throws it toward the opponent. The energy winds around the opponent's arms and body, immobilizing them.
- Seki: The practitioner generates an orb of light blue energy which repels whatever strikes it.
- Geki:As the practitioner draws the symbols of the spell in the air, his entire body permeates a red energy, which engulfs the body of the target, causing complete paralysis.
- Enkōsen:Using either both hands or his Zanpakutō in a blocking motion, the practitioner generates a dull yellow energy, which takes the form of a large spinning disk of condensed Reiatsu, in front of themselves, blocking an opponent's attack.
- Tozanshō:As the spell ignites at a single point, blue energy extends upward to four points and forms an inverted pyramid, which solidifies into a barrier around the caster. The spell is usable around other already active spells.
Hado: Offensive spells which inflict direct damage to the enemy. Their effectiveness differs depending on the user. It is said the effectiveness of the higher-ranked spells are beyond imagination.
- Sho: As the practitioner points at his target with his index finger, a small amount of energy is dispelled from the tip of the index finger with enough force to thrust a considerable amount of kinetic force at a target, which is pushed back a few feet from the practitioner.
- Byukurai:The practitioner gathers high-density spiritual energy, which they discharge from both hands.
- Shakkahō: Generating high-temperature flames, the practitioner discharges it from one or both hands. The practitioner generates and fires an orb of crimson red energy on his/her palm or finger. The orb can be small, medium, or large, depending on the level of power being used. The destructive power released by the blast can vary between a simple explosion to a pillar of energy, and in both instances, the spell causes concussive as well as burn damage.
- Ōkasen: Raising their Zanpakutō horizontally in front of them, the practitioner generates a yellow orb, which widens itself along the length of their sword. Once it is fully charged, it fires a wide, horizontal arc of yellow energy at the target. A hand can be used as a catalyst for the spell instead of a Zanpakutō, but it produces a shorter arc.
- Sōkatsui: Blue flames discharge from the palm. The practitioner aims the palm of their hand at their target and generates a torrent of blue energy before firing it at their target. The energy moves like a direct blast or a large wave of energy, depending on the amount of power which is placed into it.
- Daichi_Tenyō: The practitioner thrusts their hands outward, causing objects around them to levitate and throwing them toward the destination which the wielder chooses. The technique is precise enough to counter opposing flying objects.
Henkōdō is one of the two hidden branches of Kidō. Henkōdō is a very hard art to practice. As to change something or even someone requires an indomitable force of willpower as the caster pits their will against the intended target; and indeed even the spiritual fragments they gather in order to cast the spell in question. The tremendous amount of strength, both of willpower and personal conviction is partly due to the fact that some Shinigami; disregarding their skill entirely are almost completely incapable of using Henkōdō to any effect whatsoever. Lacking the fundamental drive necessary to force a change to occur.
Henkōdō's most general usage; and indeed the one whom is easiest to perform (though even this requires a tremendous amount of skill and natural affinity with the art). Is to use its magic to alter the flow of individual spells; most commonly changing the element or intended function for that select spell - this phenomenon is known to advanced users of Kidō as spell alteration. However, only spell alteration is known to the masses. The majority of Henkodo spells fall under five categories:
- Perceptions: Some rare Specialists of the way of change have developed spells which relates to change how others perceive the caster, themselves or something else entirely; making them see, hear or feel things that don't exist. Play upon their emotions in order to effectively bewitch their mind and goad them into doing or behaving in manners which are atypical of themselves. Most spells relating to this category of Henkōdō are related to illusions, enchantments and general mind control - they're notable for being easy to use in comparison to most and thus diluted and more practical versions have been designed for the way of binding. Though those spells generally don't eve n come close to the effectiveness of their original components.
- Enhancements: Among the feats displayed by users of Henkōdō is to change the properties of an item in their own or another's possession so as to imbue it with magical qualities. The enhancement vary from Specialist to Specialist, but it generally involves fusing the essence of Kidō with the intended object, granting it the ability to channel spiritual energy for special attacks, or to grant it special properties which can passively aid the wielder. These enhancements are usually placed on rings and other types of jewelry whom are easily worn or carried around.
- Curses: Curses work by establishing a forced bond with one or more targets, linking the subjects to the will of the caster and thus allowing the caster, provided their resolve is strong enough; to literally change the conditions, peculiarities and situation of the targets physical body. For this reason, its widely understood that curses are especially effective against spiritual beings, where a single curse can completely redefine the victim for as long as the spell permits, provided its properly executed. In these cases, the caster strengthens the established connection to the point that it becomes more like a semi-permanent conduit - allowing the caster to more easily imbue a victim with their own thoughts, experiences and desires, sending their intentions coursing along the conduit and into a victims spiritual body, in essence; injecting and 'drugging' them with their own commands and desires, overriding their usual behavioral pattern and forcing their bodies to do as commanded.
- Transfiguration: Transfiguration is an art which has fascinated mortal spell casters for centuries; and Kido Masters are no exception to this. However, its widely considered one of the most frequently understood of the various applications of Henkōdō. Transfiguration, while being the second best understood concept, after alteration, is frequently treated as one of the most dangerous forms of magic in existence, and all known users are catalogued and put under constant surveillance by the rest of the Corps. The exact mechanics of Transfiguration is to change the spiritual construction of the object or individual to alter its form or shape.'
- Alteration: By far the most widely understood of all the applications of Henkōdō; the aspect of alteration differentiates itself from its twin, Transfiguration, in that its powers changes what something does as opposed to what it is; and that it, unlike Transfiguration doesn't make permanent changes, but rather briefly alters the way something works, and how it works as opposed to an all out transformation. In fact, its been commonly accepted that alteration changes actual energy as opposed to form, shape or conditions: This has made it an all time favorite of battle-oriented Kidō Masters - whom make certain to learn it as quickly as they can; due to how immensely useful it is in combat; this made the basis for the highly favored skill of Spell Alteration.
Hakuda is a close-combat style of fighting, in which one is unarmed and uses only one's body, and is one of the four basic fighting styles of the Shinigami. Oliver is considered to be an expert. Experts of this art can take on average armed opponents and those many times their size easily.
- Shunkō: An advanced battle technique which combines the physical techniques of Hakuda with the spell-based techniques of Kidō. Shunkō is the highest form of Hakuda technique. Oliver's Shunko takes the form of a roaring fire. It is an ultra-powerful technique in which one drives Kidō into one's arms and legs. The Kidō itself can be controlled and fired at opponents from the body. By using Shunko, Oliver can deliver devastating blows capable of leveling cities or creating gargantuan abysses.
Zanjutsu is the fighting style for the Zanpakutō and is one of the four basic fighting styles of the Soul Reaper. Through the use of Zanjutsu, Ollie is considered a master swordsman. Though Master swordsmen vary greatly by power and technique, the criteria for a master is simple. One must have masterful skill in swordsmanship above all else. The attainment of this level of skill is a testament to the wielder's power and determination. Oliver is able to use these Zanjutsu techniques.
- Hōzan Kenbu: Ollie swiftly swings his Zanpakutō around his entire body without cutting himself. The speed of this technique makes it difficult for an adversary to get close to him in order to attack at close range without risk of serious injury.
- Hōzuri: A simple but precise slash technique which lightly grazes the target, causing superficial wounds.
- Ryōdan: Grasping his sword with both hands, Oliver brings it down with enough force to cut an opponent in half down the middle or even cut through concrete.
- Senmaioroshi: Multiple extremely fast blade movements take place, shredding a target into pieces.
Yami Yami no MiEdit
The Yami Yami no Mi is a Logia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to create and control darkness at will. This fruit is considered "unique" even for a Logia-type, and the ability it grants is said to be the "most evil". The first and foremost strength, as demonstrated by Ollie, is that it allows the user to control darkness and its unique property of gravity. The darkness is visually demonstrated by a black smoke-like substance spreading out from the user's body. The darkness is a void that devours and crushes everything. Due to this, the user can absorb physical matter and attacks of any type by sucking it into the darkness. The user can also use this ability to irresistibly pull the opponent to them, regardless of their current state. Similar to a black hole, the user can absorb things inside a vortex. It seems that it does not completely compress and annihilate that which is sucked in as an actual black hole would do, but rather creates some form of space where things are stored.
The most unique and frightening advantage of the fruit is that the user also has the ability to nullify the powers of other Devil Fruits by simply touching the user and draining them of their abilities. All types of Devil Fruit, be it a Paramecia, Zoan or Logia, are affected by this, though Logias are most affected as they can no longer become intangible by transforming into their respective element. Ollie has also demonstrated the ability to absorb nullify non-devil fruit abilities when in contact with opponents of other occupations. Ollie has demonstrated the following abilities using the Yami Yami no Mi.
- Black Hole: Ollie spreads his darkness over a large area and, much like an actual black hole, swallows up anything he chooses. When swallowed, the person or object is subjected to a large amount of gravity and crushed.
- Demon's Abyss: The same as Black Hole but Ollie conjures hellblaze within the abyss to incinerate his targets.
- Demon Reign: Using Henkodo, Ollie enchants his darkness to bare properties of spiritual transfiguration. Following this, Ollie's darkness can then change the spiritual configuration of a person or object. As a result, Ollie has been shown to be able to destroy oversouls, zanpakutos as well as many spiritual based objects. As for the effect on the individual, Demon Reign can render them catatonic as their souls are ripped to shreds.
- Spiral: Ollie covers his hand in a spiraling darkness, extending said arm towards his opponent, he can then activate the gravity power of his darkness and pull them into his grasp.
Soru Soru no MiEdit
Using the powers of his Yami Yami no Mi, Ollie absorbed the powers of the Soru Soru no Mi. The fruit's power of soul manipulation, as demonstrated by Ollie, consists of drawing out and manifesting fragments of humans' souls into a spectral, light-colored, but (for the user) tangible substance, which the user extracts by grabbing at the substance when it begins surrounding the body and pulling it out. This effectively steals from a target's very lifespan, the amount of which being determined by the user, shown to be up to and possibly beyond decades at once and down to the second if desired. Thus, if they lose too many years at once, victims may be killed instantaneously. However, the extraction process does not seem to be painful to its victims.
By infusing objects and living animals with soul fragments, the user can "humanize" them. Recipients ("Homies") develop human-like intelligence, with inanimate objects gaining a life of their own in the first place, and undergo transformations to more closely resemble humans. Using Henkodo's transfiguration spells, Ollie can manipulate aspects of his homies to better suit certain purposes.
Buki Buki no MiEdit
By combining the powers of the Yami Yami no Mi and the Soru Soru no Mi, Ollie was able to limit the abilities of the Buki Buki no Mi to the entirety of his left arm. The Buki Buki no Mi is a Paramecia type Devil Fruit that gives the user the ability to change their body parts into weapons. The Buki Buki no Mi gives the user the ability to change their body into any kind of weapon. While transformed into a weapon, the user does not take any damage inflicted as a result of the weapon's impact, such as detonating while in the state of an explosive. If the user's body is broken apart as a result of the weapon's intended effects, the pieces can easily reform into the user's full body, undamaged, akin to a Logia.
- Buki Buki no Mi
- Soru Soru no Mi