Oliver Reaper is a 18 year old Esper from the Kingdom of Nemesis who grew up in the flea-bottom of the cities capital. He is a Soul Reaper and a focused individual with a rather bleak outlook on life. His goal is to make something out of himself despite living in in what he calls "hell in a picnic basket". Ollie has a demon contract with a vengeful demon known as the Spectre and this has lead to a change in his biology and overall abilities.
Oliver is a realist in terms of the way he views the world, he's seen the worst humanity has to offer but he's also seen it's best. He believes that a "shitty life" can be changed so long as the person puts an effort into changing it, so he has an inherit distaste to those who lounge around and just complain. Ollie doesn't care for trampling on other people to get what he wants but has a deep sympathy for people who grew up in a similar environment to him.
When interacting with him on a personal level, Oliver can appear blunt and is known for easily aggravating people with the way he talks. To strangers the way he speaks may come across as pretentious but on a deeper level everything he says about society and the world around him is true.
Growing up in fleabottom, he never received a proper education but this doesn't take away from how smart he is. However, this does impact the way he speaks and Oliver is often caught clipping his words or using forms of slang that wouldn't be known to people from other parts of the world. To Ollie, where he comes from is everything to him, he lives for the capital and embraces to good parts and bad parts of it.
Ollie doesn't have a very interesting background, he grew up in an orphanage the oldest of 11 brothers and sisters and would often have to support his younger siblings whilst his maintaining a job to keep the orphanage afloat.
Days Gone By ArcEdit
- Event: 046 - Earned 2,000 XP and 3,200 B.
- Event: The First Child
- Event: Bootstrap - Earned 1,200 XP and 6,000 B.
- Event: The First Man - Earned 80 XP and 400 B.
Kingdom Come ArcEdit
- Event: The Authority of Wrath - Earned 3,600 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Now You See Me - Earned 8,900 XP and 11,000 B.
- Event: The National Anthem - Earned 17,000 XP and 22,000 B.
No More Kid Stuff ArcEdit
- Event: Welcome Back Astrea - Earned 800 XP and 3,600 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep on Astrea - Earned 12,000 XP and 14,000 B.
- Event: Lets Shake on It (II) - Earned 22,000 XP and 32,000 B.
The Requiversary Arc IIIEdit
- Event: An Ideal to Strive Towards - Earned 32,000 XP and 45,000 B.
- Event: My Own Worst Enemy - Earned 30,000 XP and 45,000 B.
What Lies Beneath ArcEdit
- Event: Deamon - Earned 8,700 XP and 5,600 B.
- Event: Bait and Switch - Earned 11,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Ticket Please - Earned 14,000 XP and 13,000 B.
- Event: Arrival Part 1 - Earned 8,000 XP and 6,000 B.
- Event: Arrival Part 2 - Earned 8,000 XP and 6,000 B.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: As the host of Spectre, Ollie's strength varies widely depending on his level of rage. Ollie can lift a minimum of 80 tonnes and has displayed several feats of incredible strength such as ripping people in two, creates large fissures with a single punch, holding up falling buildings and hurling battle ships across the ocean.
- Superhuman Speed: Ollie possesses the ability to think, move, and react at superhuman speeds. He has been observed catching bullets and has also been seen moving far in excess of supersonic speeds.
- Superhuman Stamina: The mystical energy that empowers Ollie prevents his muscles from producing fatigue toxins during physical activities, granting him limitless superhuman stamina.
- Superhuman Durability: The Spectre is capable of withstanding great impact forces, temperature and pressure extremes, powerful energy blasts, and falls from great heights without sustaining injury. As his bodily tissues have been transformed, most projectiles such as bullets simply bounce off him.
- Superhuman Hearing: Ollie possesses vastly enhanced senses. He is able to hear almost any sound at any decibel, pitch, and frequency. The only Earth creature who can detect sounds at the frequencies he can is a blue whale (0.01-200,000 Hz). He has shown enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source/frequency.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: The magical energies imbuing him allows Ollie to slowly regenerate any damage done to him at a faster rate than the majority of people even to the point of fully regenerating lost limbs in a few hours.
- Hellfyre Manipulation: Ollie has a unique form of Hellfyre, his flame is cursed and "burns the soul" as opposed to a person's physical body outright. The fire shares similar properties to Nether (see below), however, is still a form of matter meaning it can be destroyed. He can utilize this fire in various ways, including projecting it from his eyes, hands, mouth, or even channel it from his body into his weapons like his Zanpakuto, form walls of hellfire, and even surround the Knight's Stallion in hellfyre. He can also unleash hellfyre in omnidirectional explosions that are incredibly powerful,
- Paradoxical Chain Manipulation: Ollie can conjure up gaps in reality which allows him to manipulate a black "smoky" chain, this chain is said to share properties of hellfyre and bind his opponents soul directly, burning it.
- Dimensional Power Tap: Ollie is able to tap into the energies of hell and bend them to his will, will this he is able to generate large concussive blasts capable of leveling small cities.
The Knight's StallionEdit
The Knight's Stallion is a herald Ollie can summon, it takes the form of an undead horse surrounded by a black haze. The stallion has a resistance to fire as well as being able to travel over long distances nearly instantaneously as well as ride along the sky.
The power to generate, conjure, and manipulate Nether, the essence that flows through the realms of the Living and the Dead.
Through his demon contract with Spectre, Oliver can create, shape and manipulate Nether, the "Chthonian Element" that flows through the realms of the living, and the Dead. Nether is most known as the substance that makes up the the Otherside and parts of Hell, a subterranean dimension where all souls go when they pass on. Nether is very similar to Aether, “the Celestial Element”, in that is from a plane that exists between the planes of both matter, and energy. However, although it can partake in the nature of either substances, Nether is neither of these things.
Despite being often considered "Death-Force" Nether is more than the source of what drains life away from living things, it is the destructive aspect of reality, the source and very concept of entropy and destruction, disasters and all degeneration in matter, energy and concepts. It is the power that makes possible and ensures severing the soul's connection to their mortal body, so they can pass onto the after life. It is also the power that summons and controls the souls of the deceased. Users of this power acknowledge that Nether exists in Elemental, Cosmic, and Spiritual forces. Nether exists in the cosmos as sort of a gateway between the land of the Living and the Dead, stretching out to anywhere where death has potential to occur.
Like Aether, Nether is a Spiritual Element, which means it cannot be perceived by any physical sense. Ollie is not very skilled in using Immanence and can only apply it in the following two ways:
- Nether Kinetic Combat: By channeling Nether through his body, Ollie can augment his physical abilities as well as use the energy to send shock-waves through the air.
- Disaster Manipulation: Oliver can create and manipulate a variety of natural disasters, including avalanches, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hydro-logical disasters, meteorological disasters and wildfires. By releasing raw Nether from his body, Oliver has also been shown to cause severe weather phenomena such as hurricanes.
As an Esper, Ollie has an ability which he dubs as "The Smog", before his contract with Spectre, his esper ability was a white mist known as Chill. The Smog is a deadly ability which contrasts heavily with Chill, instead of a cold white whist, the Smog is a black, thick haze, with a red tint capable of burning at 400 degree F and more. Ollie can secrete the haze from the pores of his skin as well as from his nose and mouth. Ollie can also make physical constructs by condensing the Smog.
Ollie is a skilled Soul Reaper almost entirely self taught from books, he displays many of the skills that would take a normal person almost years to master and in this respect is considered a prodigy. As a Soul Reaper, Oliver is proficient with Reiryoku, Reiryoku is a power aligned with the spiritual sensitivity and willpower of the user. It is used by Soul Reapers and other spiritual beings to provide power for their various abilities.
Every spiritual being and every Human has a certain amount of Reiryoku. If this amount is higher than a certain degree, it grants the person superhuman abilities. Those with such an above-average level of Reiryoku are very rare among living Humans. It seems to be that the most basic ability that Humans with a higher level of Reiryoku have is the ability to see into and interact with the Otherside. Ollie possesses a great level of spiritual power.
Wa'Hami: Wa'Hami is Oliver's Zanpukto and is an 11inch silver Tando with 1 black edge, and a hilt with a chain attached to it which can wrap around Ollie's hand. With this chain, Ollie has been know to launch the blade at his opponents or even wrap it around an object to pull said object closer to himself.
- Shikai: Wa'Hami's Shikai is triggered by the command Requiem, which causes both the blade and Oliver to gain a glowing green distinctive aura. When active, the chains bind around Oliver's dominant arm and are tainted black and flood Oliver with spiritual energy, giving him superhuman physical capabilities and allowing all slashes with the blade to attack a person's soul directly.
The difference between spiritual pressure and spiritual energy is simple: Reiryoku is the amount of energy a being has stored within their body or soul, whereas Reiatsu is the pressure that a person’s Reiryoku exerts. In other words, Reiryoku is potential while Reiatsu is energy in use and can be sensed by other spiritually aware beings. In general, those with high levels of Reiryoku will often have the highest levels of Reiatsu also. A skilled warrior can overcome a person possessing greater Reiryoku by possessing greater Reiatsu. This is achieved by having greater control over their own spirit energy.
Oliver can exert his Reiatsu to induce fear in his opponents, and can physically paralyze and possibly even choke combatants by gazing in their direction. Ollie's spiritual pressure has altered under the effects of Spectre for it is the elemental representative of hellfyre (see above). He tends to glow with a fiery aura, which has the potential to burn and set his surroundings on fire without the use of his other abilities. It is the formidable pressure of his Reiatsu which makes the Reiatsu itself look like flames. When Ollie is enraged, his Reiatsu is powerful enough to incinerate his surroundings.
- Phantom Pain: High level of spiritual pressure can make an opponent feel as though they are being attacked though nothing is physically happening to them.
- Reiastsu Armour: Ollie can form an armour of Reiastu hellfyre around himself which burns the soul's of his combatants when physical contact is met.
Kidō is a form of Shinigami combat based on advanced spells. These spells are produced with strong Reiryoku and fall into two categories: Hadō for direct attacks, and Bakudō for battle support.
Bakudo: Supplementary spells which can immobilize an enemy or have an effect besides a direct strike. They may seem subtle, but these spells can give their users a tactical advantage when used properly. These are a broad category of defensive spells which block/repel attacks or freezes enemies in place.
- Sai: The practitioner points their index and middle fingers at the intended target(s), causing the target's arms to lock behind their back. The spell is usable on a single target or a significantly large group of people.
- Hainawa: Generating a crackling yellow energy rope within his hand(s), the practitioner throws it toward the opponent. The energy winds around the opponent's arms and body, immobilizing them.
- Seki: The practitioner generates an orb of light blue energy which repels whatever strikes it.
- Geki:As the practitioner draws the symbols of the spell in the air, his entire body permeates a red energy, which engulfs the body of the target, causing complete paralysis.
- Enkōsen:Using either both hands or his Zanpakutō in a blocking motion, the practitioner generates a dull yellow energy, which takes the form of a large spinning disk of condensed Reiatsu, in front of themselves, blocking an opponent's attack.
- Tozanshō:As the spell ignites at a single point, blue energy extends upward to four points and forms an inverted pyramid, which solidifies into a barrier around the caster. The spell is usable around other already active spells.
Hado: Offensive spells which inflict direct damage to the enemy. Their effectiveness differs depending on the user. It is said the effectiveness of the higher-ranked spells are beyond imagination.
- Sho: As the practitioner points at his target with his index finger, a small amount of energy is dispelled from the tip of the index finger with enough force to thrust a considerable amount of kinetic force at a target, which is pushed back a few feet from the practitioner.
- Byukurai:The practitioner gathers high-density spiritual energy, which they discharge from both hands.
- Shakkahō: Generating high-temperature flames, the practitioner discharges it from one or both hands. The practitioner generates and fires an orb of crimson red energy on his/her palm or finger. The orb can be small, medium, or large, depending on the level of power being used. The destructive power released by the blast can vary between a simple explosion to a pillar of energy, and in both instances, the spell causes concussive as well as burn damage.
- Ōkasen: Raising their Zanpakutō horizontally in front of them, the practitioner generates a yellow orb, which widens itself along the length of their sword. Once it is fully charged, it fires a wide, horizontal arc of yellow energy at the target. A hand can be used as a catalyst for the spell instead of a Zanpakutō, but it produces a shorter arc.
- Sōkatsui: Blue flames discharge from the palm. The practitioner aims the palm of their hand at their target and generates a torrent of blue energy before firing it at their target. The energy moves like a direct blast or a large wave of energy, depending on the amount of power which is placed into it.
- Daichi_Tenyō: The practitioner thrusts their hands outward, causing objects around them to levitate and throwing them toward the destination which the wielder chooses. The technique is precise enough to counter opposing flying objects.
Hakuda is a close-combat style of fighting, in which one is unarmed and uses only one's body, and is one of the four basic fighting styles of the Shinigami. Oliver is considered to be an expert. Experts of this art can take on average armed opponents and those many times their size easily.
- Shunkō: An advanced battle technique which combines the physical techniques of Hakuda with the spell-based techniques of Kidō. Shunkō is the highest form of Hakuda technique. Oliver's Shunko takes the form of a roaring fire. It is an ultra-powerful technique in which one drives Kidō into one's arms and legs. The Kidō itself can be controlled and fired at opponents from the body. By using Shunko, Oliver can deliver devastating blows capable of leveling cities or creating gargantuan abysses.
Zanjutsu is the fighting style for the Zanpakutō and is one of the four basic fighting styles of the Soul Reaper. Through the use of Zanjutsu, Ollie is considered a master swordsman. Though Master swordsmen vary greatly by power and technique, the criteria for a master is simple. One must have masterful skill in swordsmanship above all else. The attainment of this level of skill is a testament to the wielder's power and determination. Oliver is able to use these Zanjutsu techniques.
- Hōzan Kenbu: Ollie swiftly swings his Zanpakutō around his entire body without cutting himself. The speed of this technique makes it difficult for an adversary to get close to him in order to attack at close range without risk of serious injury.
- Hōzuri: A simple but precise slash technique which lightly grazes the target, causing superficial wounds.
- Ryōdan: Grasping his sword with both hands, Oliver brings it down with enough force to cut an opponent in half down the middle or even cut through concrete.
- Senmaioroshi: Multiple extremely fast blade movements take place, shredding a target into pieces.
Yami Yami no MiEdit
As a Knight, Oliver has been granted magic enchantments by demons to make up for his lack of Power.
- Hustle: Hustle is an enchantment that alters Ollie's state of mine, in essence, the enchantment gives Ollie an indomitable will and the mindset to strive for his goals whatever this cost. This makes Ollie extremely hard to put down in combat and can make squeezing information out of him nigh impossible. Hustle also grants Ollie a series of mental barriers which make him immune to most forms of telepathy as well illusion casting.
- Hard Protection: An enchantment that forms a protective barrier, forming around the user and is capable of fending off physical attacks.
- Hellblaze: Hellblaze is dark and mysterious power connected to the Demon Clan. The enchantment allows the user to generate and control black flames that cannot be extinguished. In addition to its immensely devastating power, the flames also nullify the any regenerative abilities including that of an immortal. In battle Hellblaze can be imbued upon weapons to drastically increase their destructive potential, hurled as fireballs at an opponent or used in hand-to-hand combat.
- Rapid Movement: A common ability that allows users to move in great speed in a blink of eye as if by teleporting.
- Buki Buki no Mi
- Soru Soru no Mi