Karina is a 42 year old Banshee who possesses the Sacred Gear known as The Forbidden Balor View and acts as an information broker for the vigilante group known as Eos. Though reluctant to co-operate with the group at first, she's grown to accept her importance to the group and fights for its goals. Karina is also the jinchuriki of the 2 tailed beast, Matatabi.
Karina is a sweet girl who means well but struggles to convey her thoughts in a polite manner. While she knows what respect it, her foul tongue and sharp wit often gives off the impression that she is rude. She is extremely intelligent with her intellect being comparable to that of Karasu and Kiryso. Despite her often cold facade she is very caring and is most likely the most empathetic of the group.
- Event: Liberation of Hades - Earned 32,000 XP and 23,000 B.
Dread Doctors ArcEdit
- Event: Enter Impel Down - Earned 12,000 XP and 15,000 B.
- Event: Demonic Fairy Forest - Earned 9,000 XP and 12,000 B.
- Event: A Twist of Events - Earned 21,300 XP and 18,000 B.
- Event: Battle at the Hawk - Earned - 22,000 XP and 17,000 B.
- Event: Hunting for Hounds - Earned 14,000 XP and 120,000 B.
- Event: 531,871 - 1 - Earned 6 Levels and 30,000 B.
Four-Year Timeskip Edit
- Event: Training - Earned 15 Levels and 350,000 B.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
As a Banshee, Karina is connected to the presence of death as well as having the ability to detect the presence of human souls. Whilst she cannot perform acts of necromancy using her abilities as a banshee, is is able to empower herself with the spirits of the dead as well as communicate with them. Her screams are also powered by death itself and have been shown to flatten entire villages and large cities, over time she has learnt to control this but by letting her emotions get the best of her, she can still cause immense damage.
Karina has been shown to be able to channel her screams by using her hand, as of her return Eos, she can manipulate her screams into concentrated beams of sound, or even throw them as projectiles which explode on impact.
Being a banshee does not however grant Karina superhuman abilities with the exception of durability and stamina.
Fire Release NinjutsuEdit
Fire Release is one of the basic elemental nature transformations. It is performed by moulding superheated chakra inside the stomach before releasing it via the lungs and mouth. There are also variants to this in the form of some mediums such as the use of gun powder, ash, explosive tags and chakra flow into a weapon.
Wind Release NinjutsuEdit
Wind Release is one of the five basic elemental nature transformations. It is performed by making chakra as sharp and thin as possible. Wind techniques are usually performed by generating air circulation and can be enhanced through this method as well. Wind-natured chakra can also be channelled into blades to increase their cutting power and overall range.
Water Release NinjutsuEdit
Water Release is one of the basic elemental nature transformation techniques that allow the user to manipulate pre-existing water, or create their own, by turning their chakra into water. Water Release techniques can not only change shape but state as well. Moreover, the water becomes more solid in the process as well.
Partial Jinchuriki TransformationEdit
Karina possesses a unique transformation in which she lets Matatabi partially take over. During this transformation, she becomes engulfed in blue flames and black markings. In this form Karina is capable of exerting the force of 20 tonnes and lifting 30 tonnes. She is capable of reaching Mach 3 speeds and activates her latent ability to use a variety of fire release techniques.
Karina is a Magus from a powerful family of Magi known as the Linus family. The magic crest she possesses puts her above and beyond the average magus. Karina is always surrounded by divine mysteries of ancient lore, so magic is just something she commands and comes natural to her like moving her arm. This stems from her High-Speed Divine Words, which allows for the activation of magecraft without connecting to Magic Circuits or using the normal incantations for the spells. Divine Words are a Thaumaturgical Theory and language from the Age of Gods from the Type-Moon universe taught to her by her grandmother which the majority of modern humans can no longer pronounce. They are fundamentally different from modern incantations due to words themselves having power during that era, while modern incantations are mainly just a means of self-hypnosis to work one's circuits. Karina's use is advanced enough that spells are activated with just a single action, allowing for High Thaumaturgy in an instant.
Karina is able to manipulate her figure and her clothes in a number of ways. She can control the magical energy in the air to become a dense fog that covers her entire body. This allows her to manipulate her appearance by covering herself in darkness like a mirage. Karina can also create solid images of herself that will fade away as if she were actually killed upon being attacked. She can control them from a long distance in order to manipulate her warriors, or she can do it while in battle to create a diversion for her attacks.
Rain of LightEdit
A spell she frequently uses is Rain of Light which is where her magus curses stem from. Rain of Light is a volley of rapidly fired beams of light with huge destructive capabilities. Each beam is a deadly spell on the level of High Thaumaturgy with a gargantuan amount of magical energy, capable of destroying large cities. Just the use of one single beam would normally require a magic circle, ten count aria, and one minute of casting for a normal magus. Karina's Divine Words allow her to shoot them in rapid succession without any preparation after simply targeting the enemy with her hand. She can fire them without pause when she has a supply of stored magical energy, and the result is something that resembles a bombing raid that leaves the ground scorching red. However due to the tolls it has on her magic circuits it is something she uses rarely and has so far not been required to use it in serious battle.
By using Magecraft, Karina is granted the ability to control all forms of Weather Manipulation. She has been able to control both Earthly and extraterrestrial ecosystems on several occasions. She can modify the temperature of the environment, control all forms of precipitation, humidity and moisture (at a molecular level, generate lightning and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena, and has demonstrated excellent control over atmospheric pressure. She can incite all forms of meteorological tempests, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, and hurricanes, as well as mist. She can dissipate such weather to form clear skies as well.
Rina's precise control over the atmosphere allows her to create special weather effects. She can create precipitation at higher or lower altitudes than normal, make whirlwinds travel pointing lengthwise in any direction, channel ambient electromagnetism through her body to generate electric blasts, flash freeze objects and people, coalesce atmospheric pollutants into acid rain or toxic fog, and, along with her natural ability of flight, summon wind currents strong enough to support her weight to elevate herself (or others) to fly at high altitudes and speeds.
Argos is a glass-like barrier that has a great toughness. It can take tonnes of force without shattering and Karina can use it as a 360 degree shield and even cast it around companions. Her favourite method of using it is as a straight up shield which she can project in front of herself as a tool of defense.
Inorganic Molecular ManipulationEdit
- Transmutation: Material Transmutation involves spells that interfere with the properties of an object. With this Karina can alter the molecular structure of inorganic materials and either give it properties that it didn't have before or completely alter the material in question such as changing diamond to graphite or steel to wood.
- Reinforcement: Reinforcement is the most difficult Magecraft with the purpose of pushing a basis to the utmost limit. It is the foundation of all Magecraft that enhance the existence of the target by pouring Magical Energy, but as no clear expression of how much it can be enhanced is defined, almighty reinforcements are rare. It is the same as adding something to an object that is already complete, in case of failure the target will receive it as a poison. Success requires a good grasp of the inner structure to fill openings with Magical Energy.
- Material Absorption: Karina possesses the ability to bodily duplicate at will the physical properties of anything she touches or that touches her. This power extends to both animate and inanimate objects and certain forms of energy. The matter of her body magically alters material and physiological change so that her body actually becomes composed of the matter or energy with which she is making contact. While she is in this altered state, she still possesses her sentience despite the fact that her brain is now composed of the same material as the rest of him. Among the more ordinary materials he has been transformed into include steel, stone, wood and glass. More unusual have been her transformations into water, fire, snow and silk. Karina can alter the molecular structure of her body, her clothes, and her staff to mimic the properties of any material he touches. This process also gives her enhanced strength, endurance, and in most cases, resistance to injury. If the object touched holds some form of energy, such as a battery or a blast furnace, Karina absorbs these properties as well. She also has limited shape-changing abilities when absorbing certain objects, such as forming hammer-like fists when touching a hammer or growing to enormous size when copying items of massive power or strength themselves.
Forbidden Balor ViewEdit
Forbidden Balor View grants Karina the ability to momentarily stop the time of anything within their line of sight. A purple magic circle appears below her intended target and as her irises flash all time within the magic circle is stopped. In order hold the bind Karina's eyes must remain fixated on the the circle and her eyes and body become extremely taxed the longer she uses the ability. She often notes that using the ability causes her eyesight to fade and this has recently become a long lasting effect.
The sacred gear has been shown to stop energy based attacks, Kiryso's electromagnetic pulses and explosions however the strength of what it can bind directly correlates to what Karina herself would be able to bind, meaning a large enough explosion or attack would simply just destroy the magic circle and continue on it's course. Furthermore, if her opponents will is strong enough, they themselves can resist the sacred gear's time stopping effects and simple break out of the circle. Opponents with precognitive abilities can also avoid where the magic circle is placed thus forcing Karina to have to reevaluate where she wants it to form resulting in more strain on her body.
Forbidden Invade Balor the Beast also known as the Shadow Beast Master of the Forbidden Night and True Darkness is considered to be a Balance Breaker yet different from a Balance Breaker and has the potential to become the 14th Longinus. It creates an enormous amount of darkness that devours everything. While this large area of darkness is active, Karina can generate twisted monsters to attack opponents, as well as multiple eyes through which she can use Forbidden Balor View, freezing multiple targets at the same time.
In this form, Karina's whole body gets surrounded by the darkness which takes the form of a dark Raven.
Sky Devil Slayer MagicEdit
This branch of Devil Slayer Magic allows the user to use the element of wind for many different purposes. Unlike other forms of wind magic, This wind is more violent and aggressive and is known to cut through metal and to cut up opponents.
Like other slayers, the user is able to consume external sources of wind, even ones formed from nothing, in order to replenish their strength and enhance their power as well as having tremendous resistance to the element of wind. Additionally, the user is able to somewhat control the wind of others and is able to span a large amount of wind over a landscape with just a flick of the wrist.
- Sky Devil's Rage: The Devil Slayer's equivalanet to the Dragon Slayer's Roar and God Slayer's Bellow spells. In this spell, the user inhales and gathers wind into their mouth, then directs giant blasts of wind at their opponent.
- Sky Devil's Hellfire : The user puts their palms to the ground and sends a large wave of wind at their opponents from all sides, preventing any oncoming physical attack. This also blasts the opponent(s) back.
- Sky Devil's Pressured Fist : The user engulfs their hand in violent winds then punches their opponent. This attack can be (and usually is) done with one hand, but in some cases can the user use both to continuously punch their opponent(s).
- Sky Devil's Brilliant Winds : The user engulfs both hands in violent winds, then puts them together to form a large ball of aggressive winds, then flings it at their opponent.
- Sky Devil's Torment :The user moves into a wide stance, allowing wind to gather around them, then moves in a counter-clockwise direction, allowing the winds to howl against the opponent, creating the sound effect of the screams of their loved ones.
- Sky Devil's Horns: The user bows their head and their entire body is engulfed in wind, as they headbutt their target.
Archive is a Caster Magic that involves the use of Magic Databases. This Magic allows the user to convert information into magical data, which can be stored, enabling the user to gain access to previously stored information, such as other types of Magic. It is mainly used by flat-screens which are projected into the air. These screens are very durable and can be used as a shield. It also allows the user to transfer information from person to person more quickly than through verbal communication.