Karasu (born Jacen Basilis), was a 23 year old dragon/human who is a Mage, a Magus, Pirate , and a Knight. He is from the Kingdom of Ares (although he was born in his mother's homeland of Ichor), and is from a family consisting of a long line of assassins. It should also be noted that Karasu is not his real name, but simply an alias, which he started using after meeting Kato Youkai. He is one of the founding members of the guild called "Eos". He was killed in the War of the Black whilst battling Marek.
Originally, Karasu was a fairly tall, well built young man with pale fair skin. Karasu stands at 5'10", which is about the average height for an adult male, and he appears to be still growing. His muscles appear toned, but based on his appearance he wouldn't be described as buff, and is fairly slim. Contrasting to this, Karasu is fairly heavy for his size, which is due to the fact that he has very high muscle and bone density, making him both much heavier and much stronger than he appears to be. He has silvery-white medium length straight hair with bangs that go slightly past eye level. Karasu has fairly thin eyes which are an uncommon deep shade of crimson. Also, due to Karasu's dragon blood, he has developed fangs, that although they are the fangs of a dragon, look much like those of a vampire.
As for attire, Karasu wears a gray and black tank top and he also wears a pair of faded gray pants, which are a lighter shade of gray on one leg, while nearly black on the other and wears gray-black shoes. He wears a small amount of armor, having metal shin guards on his lower legs, and black leather like armor on his chest. He also wears a pair of finger-less gloves, with arm warmers that go nearly all the way to his shoulder. Additionally, he wears a black piece of cloth as a headband, which previously belonged to Kato Youkai, and was given to Karasu after their parting. Over all of this, he wears a large dark black colored cloak, which covers up most of his appearance, and also comes up high enough that Karasu often uses it to cover his neck and mouth, and it additionally has a hood as well. This cloak is weighted with the use of magecraft, and is used for constant strength training, since it weighs several tons.
After the time skip, Karasu's appearance changed rather drastically. Karasu is roughly the same size as before, and actually appears to be a bit slimmer than he did previously, and is around an inch taller. Despite this, he gained significant amounts of weight and increased muscle mass, but maintained his slender appearance because of his inhuman muscle density. The most apparent change is Karasu's hair. Not only has it grown a fair bit longer, and significantly messier, it has also turned from its original silver coloring to a dark, black color. This change was brought on by Karasu growing into a full dragon, permanently taking on the black-haired appearance of his former Dragon Force whilst in human form.
Karasu's attire has also completely changed. Karasu's attire has become much more modern, getting rid of all of his armor and medieval-esque clothing. Due to his cloak and his master's old headband both being destroyed, he obviously no longer wears either. Now, Karasu wears an incredibly simple set of clothes, which have actually been created by his Shadow-Armory magic, allowing his clothes to take more damage than traditional attire, as well as reform when damaged and expand or disappear as needed. His attire appears as a long-sleeved (though he almost always has the sleeves rolled up to his elbows) black hoodie, with a white hood, and he wears no other shirt under it. He wears simple black pants with a belt, which appear fairly tight, as well as a pair of black boots, making for a very simple, and dark attire.
It isn't quite possible to describe Karasu as either "kind" or "mean" as he simply treats others the same way they treat him, and the same could be said for describing him as "good" or "evil" as he just does whatever he sees as the correct course of action, with total disregard of the concepts of good and evil. Although this is true, Karasu will generally abstain from killing unless his own survival or the survival of people he cares for is at stake. This is why Karasu abandoned his family, as he found no enjoyment in killing and decided that his talents could be used for something better. However, when pushed into a position where he has to take a life, Karasu has no trouble doing so, and feels little to no remorse. Additionally, Karasu typically feels some kind of debt to those that have helped him before, going out of his way to help those people.
When it comes to interaction with others, Karasu tends to be quite cynical, and often times very pessimistic. He tends to point out the bad in most situations and often sees the bad in others. Karasu often lies and doesn't speak of his true intentions, and almost always hides the more kind side of his personality. Although he appears serious most of the time, he does have a sense of humor, although his jokes tend to revolve mostly around sarcasm, and his humor in general is very dry, and he rarely if ever laughs or even smiles. This is however normally only around those that he feels comfortable with, as he will often not speak at all around people he isn't familiar with. It is often hard to get close to Karasu, but once he has befriended someone he is incredibly loyal to them and puts them before himself, and is willing to put himself through immense suffering without complaint for their sake.
When Karasu was young, he was actually quite cheerful. This quickly changed as he was both disregarded by the majority of his family and treated as a failure, and tortured near constantly by his older brother. As the years continued Karasu became more and more cynical, and very distant from everyone around him, hiding his emotions and not letting them show. Years later, Karasu met Kato Youkai, and later Umbra and Noctis, and became quite close with them. He began to open up more, and not hide his emotions as often, but after Noctis died and Umbra blamed his death on Karasu, he began to recede back to his former closed-off self. Upon meeting the future members of Eos, this is the Karasu that they met. Karasu did not want friends or to become close to anyone, as he feared something similar would happen and he would lose them as he did his first friend. However, as he spent more time with them and went through many struggles, he became closer to them despite his best efforts not to, and started letting his emotions show more and more as time went on.
Karasu at first, completely abhorred killing, but after being forced to kill over and over and over again, he eventually became accustomed to it, doing it without remorse and losing respect for human life, and life in general. However, as Karasu grew older and was no longer forced to kill for no reason, but rather forced to kill to survive, his views began to slowly change. After living in the Deadlands with Kato Youkai and later with the Dragons, Karasu became to form a much deeper respect for life, only killing when absolutely necessary. Even then though, Karasu felt little remorse when forced to kill. However, there was clear progress, as after Eos was formed, Karasu who had formerly been a cold-hearted assassin, was one of the members who urged the others to only kill when absolutely necessary.
Karasu was born into a family of infamous assassins. Karasu's father and his family had been the most well known, feared assassins in the world for generations, starting with his grandfather, one of the founding members of the Kingdom of Ares. Karasu's mother was from the pseudo-Kingdom of Ichor, and was selected to be his father's wife because of her tremendous magical potential, and due to the fact that she is a synchronizer, someone able to transfer energy through the exchange of bodily fluids. Their first child, Karasu's older brother Taka, was considered a massive success, being an incredible prodigy. Karasu, born several years later, was a different story.
Karasu was born in his mother's homeland of Ichor, as the ability granted from Ichor is considered very rare, almost unheard of in the five major Kingdoms. Karasu's family had huge expectations for him before he was even born, after Taka was such a prodigal talent. Unfortunately, when Karasu was born he had no where near either the magical power, or natural talent that his older brother possessed. He was completely unable of even using Curses, an ability everyone else in his family was known for. Extremely disappointed, but not wanting to completely give up on the child, Karasu's mother, Mamushi, experimented on him extensively.
The most prominent of these experiments was replacing Karasu's blood with the blood of a Black Dragon's. This, an incredibly dangerous procedure, was far more likely to end up killing Karasu than it was to actually empower him. Thankfully, thanks to Karasu's inhuman physiology due to being born in Ichor, he was able to survive, albeit after agonizing pain. Karasu was only a few weeks old when this happened, so his body was able to grow accustomed to this new blood rather quickly. The thought process of this, was that if Karasu was unable to pass on the family's ability of Curses in the future, he would at the very least be capable of having decently powerful children if they possessed dragon blood as he did.
After being born, Karasu and the rest of his family moved back to their father's castle in the Kingdom of Ares. This castle, placed atop the highest mountain in the Five Kingdoms, was extremely isolated. His family was feared all across the world, and were allowed to do practically whatever they wished out of fear of repercussion. Even the government of Ares, which possessed one of the most strict, harsh, and most notably powerful, Kings in the world, left Karasu's family alone, not wanting to risk what might happen if they attempted to enforce the regular laws of Ares upon them.
Karasu, in addition to the training he would receive, was taught extensively about all things that could eventually relate to combat. This includes fighting styles, information on all of the races of Requiem, and all of the occupations of Requiem, as well as many abilities and beasts that exist in the world. This knowledge would stick with Karasu throughout his life and aid him in the future.
Before Karasu could even walk, his father began training him to be as strong as he possibly could, even though his potential was thought to be far less than his older brother. After Karasu showed little to no progress, his father considered abandoning his training and simply letting Taka continue the family line alone, but Taka himself convinced him not to. Taka, who had finished his training by the age of 6, vowed to train Karasu himself. Their father, Aerys, agreed to this, as he had little time to train the child anyway with how highly requested he was as an assassin, and thought that Taka doing the training couldn't make Karasu any worse than he already was.
However, there was a difference between Aerys and Taka. Aerys thought of his job as simply that, a job. Taka, on the other hand, enjoyed it, even as a child. Taka enjoyed killing, and above all, he relished in inflicting pain. Taking this into consideration, you can probably guess that when Taka took over, Karasu's training took a very, very harsh turn. At that point, calling it training at all was a stretch. Taka tortuously trained Karasu for years, made all the worse thanks to Taka's "Sensation Curse", amplifying the pain that Karasu felt by exponential margins. Karasu's father was mostly unaware of this, as he was away on missions more often than not, and their mother simply did not care.
As cruel as it was, Taka's training was nothing if not effective. Karasu, motivated by pain, and most of all anger, made leaps and bounds in his training, and although he still didn't show as much talent as Taka, he was no longer such a disappointment. Still, their parents wanted to see which of the two brothers was the fluke, the prodigy or the disappointment, so they decided to have a third child. This third child, Karasu's little sister Kaelan, was born when Karasu was five. To the joy of their parents, Kael possessed even more potential than Taka did. Naturally, Aerys took up Kaelan's training himself, and Karasu was left to continue training with Taka.
Taka, irritated that he was no longer treated the best, took his feelings out on Karasu, treating him even more harshly than he had previously, something that Karasu had thought to be impossible. Karasu endured this for years, being tortured by his older brother and for the lack of a better word, ignored by his parents. Kaelan progressed even faster than Taka had, completing her training and being allowed on missions on her own by the time she was four years old.
Eventually, when Karasu was nine years old, it was determined that he was ready to begin accompanying Taka on his assassination missions, but was not yet ready of going on them himself. This was around the same time that Kaelan completed her training in full. The first mission Karasu was set to go on was to assassinate a wealthy merchant in Hermes, who was said to be cheating his costumers. Taka let Karasu carry out the mission almost entirely by himself, simply observing to see what his younger brother was capable of. Karasu, with his exceptional power when compared to most individuals even if he was a disappointment to his family, was able to reach his mission objective without all that much trouble. However, upon killing his target, the first time Karasu ever took a life, he began to break down.
This, as you can probably imagine, drew a fair bit of attention. The target's daughter ran into the room, seeing Karasu with her dead father. Before the daughter, who was notably a child, could begin to scream, Taka interfered, decapitating the girl. Karasu, after just killing someone for the first time, and then witnessing his brother cut off a child's head right in front of his eyes, close enough for him to be splashed with her blood in fact, promptly passed out. Taka collected Karasu, bringing him back to their home.
This mission was regarded as a failure, despite the fact that Karasu technically completed his task. Because of this, Karasu and Taka were both disallowed to go on missions for several more months. This lead to Taka torturing Karasu not only much harsher than normally, but also for longer periods of time as he no longer had to take time away from Karasu's "training" to go on missions himself. After several months of this, Karasu and Taka were allowed to go on missions again. However, as a precaution, Taka inserted several needles into Karasu's unknowing brain, which thanks to Taka's Nen Manipulation, forced Karasu to take the "Fight or Flight" reaction to an extreme. If Karasu was capable, he would be compelled to kill his opponent or target, otherwise, he would be compelled to flee as quickly as possible, to survive.
In all of their following missions, Taka forced Karasu to be the one to make the kill every single time. Taka said he did this so that he could make Karasu accustomed to killing and not freak out like he had before, but really he just enjoyed watching what was left of Karasu's sanity slowly fade away with every slit throat and pierced heart. Eventually, killing became second nature to Karasu, and he no longer hesitated or showed any sign of remorse. He became a killer, nothing more and nothing less.
Some time later, when Karasu was around the age of twelve, his father decided that his son's true skill and worth as an assassin needed to be tested. Taka or Hachi never needed a test, as they excelled at everything they did, but Tora needed to make sure that Karasu would truly be able to handle himself alone. Tora took Karasu from his room in the middle of the night with no warning, and brought him to the Kingdom of Hades. He dumped him in the middle of a random slum, leaving him with only one thing, no food, no weapons, no explanation. Just one thing, one word, "Survive".
Karasu, completely taken aback, had no idea what to do and was overtaken by fear. He had little time to figure out what to do however, as almost immediately he was assaulted by a horde of supernatural beasts, seeing the abandoned child as an easy meal. The slum he had been dropped into happened to be populated mostly by Ghouls. Karasu snapped out of the fear he was feeling in an instant. Karasu, falling back on his training and his now honed instincts, managed to fight off the cannibalistic monsters. Or rather, he slaughtered them all mercilessly.
At first Karasu attempted to gather some money, but soon enough decided that money was completely worthless. So instead of that, he simply began to steal food from the humans surrounding him, using his stealth skills from being an assassin to get away with it rather easily. Even if anyone ever noticed that it was him, none of them would really be able to retaliate against him anyway.
Karasu, was far more well fed and healthy than the average Hades inhabitant, and in addition to that, he smelled of Dragon thanks to his blood, which effectively piqued the interest of the Ghouls. Karasu not only seemed like a rare meal worth tasting, but a full meal as well due to the fact that he wasn't just skin and bones like the average Hades human was. Because of those two things, Karasu was heavily targeted by the Ghouls in the area in the following weeks. That is, until he killed so many of them that instead of flocking to his scent they ran from it.
Because of this, many humans in the area started staying close to Karasu, since he effectively worked as Ghoul repellent at that point. Karasu couldn't care less about why they were staying near him, but allowed it since it made it far easier for him to get food for himself. Karasu evolved from stealing food, to being given food by many people, almost like it was a payment for protecting them. Karasu didn't bother trying to understand this, simply accepting the food and killing any brave, or rather stupid, Ghoul that tried to mess with him.
Karasu, after some time, became known as "The Silver Phantom" in the area that he lived. This was due largely in part to his mastery of stealth, as he could move around without making any noise at all, stealing whatever he wanted or disposing of enemies before anyone knew what happened. The only thing people ever sometimes managed to see was his striking silver hair, hence, "The Silver Phantom."
Eventually, a Ghoul in a nearby slum by the name of Yaban took attention to Karasu. This Ghoul, the leader of a fairly powerful group, decided that Karasu had been allowed to live for long enough. Yaban was intrigued by Karasu's dragon-like scent, and wanted more than anything to eat him. Karasu, whilst fighting off a group of foolish Ghouls who tried to challenge him, was ambushed by Yaban and several of his men. Yaban was by far the strongest Ghoul Karasu had encountered since he arrived in Hades. Karasu quickly realized that he was incapable of winning, and thanks to the needle his brother had planted in his brain, he fled. Yaban was infuriated that Karasu was able to escape, and murdered many of his own men for letting his rare meal get away.
Karasu managed to evade death, but Yaban became obsessed with Karasu, pursuing him for weeks. Yaban wanted nothing more than to eat Karasu, and Karasu simply wanted to survive. Being chased near constantly, Karasu had very little time to even find time to eat. After several weeks of living completely on the run, starving and exhausted, Karasu collapsed. Yaban located him soon after. Karasu, barely even conscious, was ready to simply give up and let himself be eaten. But, one word kept coming up in his head over and over again, "Survive", however much Karasu was willing to give up, he was just simply not capable of it. Karasu, drawing upon the power of his Dragon Blood for the very first time, released a massive Dragon's Breath, annihilating Yaban and leveling a good portion of the town in the process. Karasu passed out soon after, as he used up the little bit of energy that he still had.
Upon waking, Karasu found himself in a small hut, seemingly in the middle of a forest. A man walked in, introducing himself as Kato Youkai. The man, who was quite old, explained that he had witnessed Karasu's Dragon Breath, and not wanting to let him die, had brought his unconscious body to his home. Karasu thanked the man, beginning to try and leave. However, the Kato stopped him, telling Karasu that he could assist in making Karasu stronger. Karasu seemed confused, but was willing to hear him out. The man explained that he himself was unable to train Karasu, as he was a Ninja and Karasu possessed no talent in such things, but he knew a way for Karasu to receive training in the use of his draconic powers. He said that he could get a real dragon to instruct Karasu on how to use his magic.
Karasu was intrigued by this, and sought to begin the journey to receive training from a dragon immediately, but as soon as he stepped outside of the hut, he realized that he was clearly no longer in Hades, as a massive titan nearly stomped on him. Karasu quickly retreated back into the hut, looking to Kato for an explanation. Kato explained that he lived in the middle of a fairly high ranking Deadlands, and had only been in Hades to see an old friend. He spoke further, explaining to Karasu that going to train with a dragon was not yet possible with his current level of power, and that he needed to train himself until he was able to survive in such an environment, saying that the Deadlands where Karasu would be able to find a dragon would be even harsher than the one he was in currently.
Karasu was disappointed that he couldn't start training with a dragon immediately, but understood that trying to do so would be foolish. Kato began training Karasu, not in any abilities, but instead putting his physical abilities and survival skills to the test, and pushing them past their current limits. Karasu was surprised by the old man's power, as he looked like nothing more than a simple elderly man. All of the items in the man's house were weighted significantly, similar to how things were at his family's castle, making even everyday activities strength training in and of themselves. The man gave Karasu a place to sleep, but offered no help with anything else. Karasu was forced to hunt terrifying beasts and fight off vicious predators just for a simple meal, proving much more difficult than just stealing as he had in Hades.
In addition to this, the man periodically tested Karasu's strength, ambushing him without warning at random intervals. Kato did nothing that would prove fatal to Karasu, but only held back enough that Karasu wouldn't be killed, having no issue injuring him fairly severely. Karasu was forced to be on constant guard, and fight for survival on a daily basis. Karasu lived like this for quite some time, fighting for survival. Karasu began to respect Kato Youkai greatly, as the old man must have been doing this for years, and seemed to have absolutely no trouble in doing so. Not only that, but even as Karasu improved exponentially as time went on, he was still completely incapable of landing even a single hit on the man.
This way of life eventually became second nature to Karasu. It was then, that Kato decided that Karasu was ready to be taken to train with dragons. The two traveled together, leaving the Deadland they were currently in, and travelling to the highest ranked one of them all, the massive Deadland at the top of the continent, said to be ruled by dragons and inhabited by the most brutal beasts in the world. Upon entering this new area, Karasu knew immediately that it was on an entirely different level than the previous, and even had thoughts of turning back. Kato, noticing this hesitation, encouraged Karasu to continue on, saying the only way for him to get stronger awaited him. Karasu was grudgingly convinced, comforted by the fact that Kato would be accompanying him on the way there.
They were assaulted by many beasts on the way, but Kato seemed un-phased, defeating them all with ease. After some time, the pair finally reached the location of the dragons. Karasu was shocked, as he had expected there to only be a couple, but what he saw was an entire community of dragons, thriving in what seemed to be the only civilized section of the Deadland. The dragons seemed to recognize Kato, and let him in without even a single word. Karasu was confused, but thought it best not to argue. Kato brought Karasu to see the leader of the dragons, a massive pitch-black Dragon with feathered raven-like wings, by the name of Noctis. Karasu was at first terrified, but upon seeing Noctis' eyes, they seemed almost... friendly?
Kato explained that Karasu possessed the blood of a dragon, and that he needed proper training from a dragon in order to use his power to its fullest. Noctis seemed intrigued at the request, a dragon training a human hadn't happened in quite some time. Noctis agreed, justifying it as a favor to a friend, but really he just wanted to see what a dragon-blooded human would be capable of. Karasu thanked him, before asking how the two had even met in the first place. Noctis explained that he met Kato in battle, and had been defeated by him, pointing to a scar over his eye, but because of the battle they had grown to respect each other greatly. Karasu was absolutely dumbfounded upon hearing that Kato had defeated the King of Dragons, growing to admire the man even more.
Before leaving, Kato Youkai gave his old ninja headband to Karasu. It was old and battered, no longer even having the metal forehead protector, really making it nothing more than a long strip of black cloth at that point. Karasu, out of respect for the man, graciously accepted the gift, putting on the headband and wearing it for quite some time, treasuring it as it reminded him of his time with his master.
Kato said his goodbyes to Karasu and Noctis, going off and returning home. Noctis began training Karasu in the use of Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic. Many of the dragons in the community were against the idea of training a human in the use of Dragon Slayer Magic, but didn't dare question their King, as he was easily the most powerful of them all. But unrest began to stir, as many of them had already thought Noctis was too soft. Noctis ignored them, and trained Karasu alongside his own son, Umbra.
Umbra was quite young, so him and Karasu started at a relatively similar level, allowing Noctis to train them both at the same time. Umbra and Karasu became good friends as they trained together, sparring with each other regularly to test out their new powers. Both of them advanced very quickly, and Karasu began adapting to life in the dragon community. Karasu now understood why Kato had trained him as he did, as the dragons lived in a very similar way. At first Karasu and Umbra did almost nothing but train, but as they grew stronger they were allowed to accompany Noctis and the other dragons during hunts as well.
Umbra very quickly became Karasu's first real friend, and Noctis formed into a father figure which Karasu had never really had. Karasu lived with them for quite some time, forming a close bond with them, beginning to think of them as family. Throughout this time, Karasu grew exponentially in power and skill, and he became quite happy. However, this wouldn't last. The other dragons that disagreed with the decision to train a human, and thought that Noctis was far too nice, only grew in their feelings of protest. Two dragons in particular began planning to overthrow Noctis, and replace him themselves.
During a training session, the two dragons ambushed Noctis. They caught him off guard, but Noctis was still far more powerful, and managed to overpower them even after being initially injured by a sneak attack. Realizing that they couldn't take Noctis on directly, the two rebels shifted their attention to Umbra and Karasu, combining their attacks to try and kill them both. Noctis was unable to stop them, so to save his son and Karasu, he threw himself in front of the attack, taking it full force and collapsing to the ground, motionless.
The two dragons, distracted and overjoyed by the fact that they just managed to defeat Noctis, seemed to not even think of Umbra and Karasu as threats. This would prove, a very fatal mistake, as the two, both enraged, brutally assaulted the rebels, surprising them with their level of power and completely overwhelming them after they had wasted most of their energy fighting Noctis. Umbra and Karasu managed to slay the two treasonous dragons, but as Karasu began to walk over to Noctis' fallen body, he was smacked away by Umbra. Umbra blamed Karasu for his father's death, screaming that if Karasu had never shown up the other dragons never would have been pushed into rebelling.
Umbra raised his claws to crush Karasu, but stopped himself, seemingly unable to kill his best friend. Karasu, attempting to try and talk to Umbra, was suddenly stopped, as the needle in his head implanted by his brother once again kicked in, seeing Umbra as a threat to Karasu's life, and forcing him to flee. Karasu was driven away from the dragon community, and ran out of the Deadlands entirely. Karasu was heartbroken, losing a father figure in Noctis, and being hated by Umbra who had become his first real friend, he felt as if he had lost everything he had worked so hard to gain.
At that point, Taka had sensed that Karasu's needle had kicked in. The last time it had happened Karasu had been taken by Kato, so Taka was unable to locate him, but this time it was fairly simple finding his younger brother. Taka discovered Karasu near the Deadlands, passed out in a pool of blood from his injuries. Taka took Karasu, returning him to their home in Ares. When Karasu awoke, he found himself in his old room, with Taka standing over him. Karasu hadn't seen his brother, or any of his family for that matter, in years, and had long since thought that they had simply abandoned him. Karasu immediately tried to attack Taka, thinking that maybe with his new found power he would be able to enact revenge on his brother for all the abuse he had put him through.
Unfortunately, Karasu was still no match for his older brother, and was quickly incapacitated. Taka was very impressed by Karasu's improvement however, praising his disappointment of a younger brother for becoming so strong. This only proved to infuriate Karasu further, but he knew he was incapable of doing anything. Tora entered the room, also seemingly impressed by Karasu's growth. The two suggested that Karasu rejoin the family business, as he was now more than capable of helping out on his own. Karasu refused, saying that he was no longer just a killer, that he wanted more from his life than just that.
Taka began to reprimand him for saying this, but Tora stopped him. Tora explained that if Karasu didn't want to participate in the family business then he wasn't going to force him. Karasu thanked his father, as it was the only act of kindness he had ever shown him. Tora allowed Karasu to leave and venture into the world by himself. Tora however, never once thought that Karasu would leave forever, simply thinking that if he humored Karasu and let him experience the world by himself, that he would eventually return. After Karasu left, Tora instructed Taka to watch over Karasu and make sure that he didn't do anything to get himself killed.
Upon leaving, Karasu initially traveled to the Deadlands where Kato had lived, wanting to see him again and explain everything that happened. However, upon reaching the old man's hut, he found it abandoned. Saddened, Karasu realized that he would probably never be able to locate the man that he had grown to respect so much. After leaving the Deadlands, Karasu caught word of a festival in the Kingdom of Hera. Men being allowed in Hera was a rarity, so Karasu was interested in the experience. Additionally, Karasu felt strangely drawn to the festival, as if something was calling out to him. Karasu traveled to the festival, and there he would meet several new friends that that he had been fated to be united with his entire life, Kiryso, Hitoshi, Hideki, and Aiden.
List of EventsEdit
- Event: Outbreak of Infection - Earned 1,200 XP and 500 B.
- Event: Battle in Hera - Earned 2,500 XP and 900 B.
- Event: Mikao Mayhem - Earned 5,200 XP and 2,400 B.
- Event: Human Trafficking - Earned 5,900 XP and 2,300 B.
- Event: Kill The Count - Earned 700 XP and 400 B.
- Event: Enter Kajin - Earned 2,300 XP and 900 B.
Rookie 8 ArcEdit
- Event: Hermes' Tournament - Earned 11,400 XP and 11,000 B.
- Event: Liberation of Hades - Earned 32,000 XP and 23,000 B.
Dread Doctor ArcEdit
- Event: Enter Impel Down - Earned 12,000 XP and 15,000 B.
- Event: Demonic Fairy Forest - Earned 9,000 XP and 12,000 B.
- Event: A Twist of Events - Earned 21,300 XP and 18,000 B.
- Event: Battle at the Hawk - Earned 22,000 XP and 17,000 B.
- Event: Hunting for Hounds - Earned 14,000 XP and 120,000 B.
- Event: 531,871 - 1 - Earned 6 Levels and 30,000 B.
- Event: Time Skip - Earned 15 Levels and 350,000 B.
To You in Four Years ArcEdit
- Event: Eos. Vs Linus - Earned 14,000 XP and 20,000 B.
His Requiem ArcEdit
- Event: From Dusk till Dawn
- Event: A'llye
- Event: The Requiem
- Event: The Kingdom of the Dead
- Event: This is My World
- Event: Clear
- - Earned total 4 levels and 300,000 B.
Physical Abilities Edit
Karasu's physical ability can be called nothing other than superhuman. This comes from the harsh, torturous training that Karasu has been constantly subjected to since before he could even walk, which has granted him incredible physical capabilities even when compared to other warriors, and also the ability of those born in Ichor which grants him a unique physiology, making his muscles, bones, and everything else much denser than a normal person's would be. This was increased even further, as Karasu morphed completely into a dragon, retaining massive levels of physical strength even whilst in human form.
- Enhanced Strength - Karasu's strength isn't even comparable to that of a normal human, even one at peak condition. Karasu is easily able to punch through metal, topple most buildings, and overpower people and creatures vastly larger than himself. Karasu is able to defeat dozens of enemies with merely his bare hands with no trouble at all. Karasu, at bare minimum, would be able to lift approximately 200 tons, without resorting to any abilities to enhance his strength further. When in his full dragon form, or when changing his limbs into that of a dragon, his strength is increase even further, up to currently unknown levels. As described above, this strength shows in Karasu's strikes, as he is capable of out right killing most opponents with nothing more than a punch. This strength comes from his family's training, as nearly every item in their household was severely weighted to help build strength, and merely the door to get into his own room weighed several tons.
- Enhanced Speed, Reflexes, and Perception - Karasu's speed is likely almost as impressive as his strength is, as he is able to move far faster than sound. Most enemies aren't even able to catch a glimpse of Karasu is battle, as he is able to strike a fatal blow or knock them unconscious before they can even register his presence. Even those with superhuman reflexes or special eye abilities such as the Sharingan have trouble seeing Karasu's movements, let alone reacting to them. As for reflexes, Karasu is able to dodge point-blank gunfire, and has shown the ability to react to, dodge, and counter attack against attacks from every angle all at once, allowing him to take on dozens of different enemies at the same time. He has on several occasions shown the ability to blitz through a crowd of enemies and knock them all unconscious with strikes to the neck without even slowing down. Also, Karasu is able to sleep with a larger part of his brain awake than normal, allowing him to react to attacks even in his sleep, and wake instantly. In addition, Karasu has incredible perception, and due to being trained heavily in stealth, he is able to detect foes even if they are experts at hiding their presence as well. Karasu's speed and reflexes allow him to keep up with and often times out maneuver even those who have speed enhancing abilities.
- Enhanced Agility - Karasu has amazing agility and maneuverability, which is complimented well by his incredible levels of speed and reflexes. Karasu's astonishing mobility allows him to attack from every position, move in the enemy's blind spot, and fight on any kind of terrain. Karasu has been shown using the combination of his superhuman agility and speed to seemingly attack his opponents from every angle all at once, moving away and attacking again before his enemy can even realize they've been hit in the first place. In terms of defense, Karasu takes full advantage of his agility to fall back quickly, dodge the enemy's attacks and react immediately after being hit, and often before being hit.
- Enhanced Durability and Endurance - Karasu has very high levels of both durability and endurance. Things such as blades and bullets would be able to pierce his skin, but would be unable to get through his high-density muscles and bones, meaning his vital organs are protected from most forms of damage. Thanks to his high density bones, Karasu is able to withstand and hold up massive amounts of weight and pressure without his bones breaking, and can take powerful blows with minimal amounts of damage. Karasu's endurance and stamina are also quite high, as he is able to withstand massive amounts of damage and keep fighting, and fight for hours and hours without rest.
- Immense Tolerance to Pain - Karasu is able to take massive amounts of pain without it impairing his physical or mental ability. This comes from his torturous training that he was put through throughout most of his life. Karasu's tolerance is enough that he doesn't even wince or show the slightest sign of pain even when being burned or cut.
- Resistances and Immunities - As both training and punishment, Karasu was put through all measures of torture as a child, including electricity, burning, extreme cold, and has been exposed to many kinds of poisons. This has resulted in Karasu building up large resistances to these things thanks to repeated exposure. Karasu is able to endure large amounts of electricity without being killed or rendered unconscious, much more so than any average human. He also is able to endure extreme temperatures, both low and high, with little drawbacks as his body has become accustomed to them. Additionally, Karasu is immune to the large majority of toxins, since he has experienced most of them.
While he was still in the womb, his family magically induced the blood of a Dragon into Karasu's veins, in an attempt to make him into a more powerful assassin, and make their family line even stronger than before in the coming generations, in hope that Karasu's dragon blood would pass on to his future children.
- Magic Core - Due to his family inducing Karasu's body with Dragon's Blood as a child, Karasu has obtained unique Magic Circuits that transcend what can be achieved by normal humans and magi. Karasu's Circuits are called a Magic Core, which is fundamentally different from those of a normal magus. While a magus' body can be considered a machine which creates magical energy, his acts as a factory which creates magical energy. It functions as an enormous magical energy core with tremendous capacity that generates energy independent from her body simply through breathing like dragons. This allows Karasu to use powerful spells and large quantities of spells in a short time span with very little strain to his magical reserves, as his Magic Core produces Magical Energy so quickly that is often replenishes even faster than he can use it.
- Magic Resistance - The Dragon's blood in Karasu's veins grants him immense resistance to magical attacks. Most curses and things such as hypnosis would have little to no effect on Karasu, as his resistance grants him a defense against such things. It takes very powerful spells to do any significant harm to Karasu, and even then their damage is reduced from what it would be otherwise. It has been noted that even magic from the Age of the Gods would do little damage to him.
- Body Modifications - Although Karasu's body has not been altered as greatly as some others who possess mixed-blood, his body still possesses several Dragon attributes. Karasu has developed fangs akin to a Dragon's, although they greatly resemble those of a Vampire. Additionally, Karasu's lungs have been transformed into a "spirit world", giving him tremendous lung capacity and the ability to use a Dragon Breath attack.
- Enhanced Senses - Karasu, because of his Dragon Blood, possesses greatly enhanced, animal-like senses. Karasu's hearing and smell are far past that of a normal human, as he is capable of picking up on even the quietest noises and even identify people based on scent alone. His sense of smell is slightly lower than that of a Ghoul. Karasu also has enhanced sight, allowing him to react to things faster than a normal human, and he also has improved night vision.
- Dragon Form - Due to the combination of his Dragon Blood, and the fact that he is a Dragon Slayer, Karasu has gained the capability of morphing himself into a Dragon entirely once he mastered his Dragon Slayer Magic and killed several dragons. In this form, Karasu looks very similar to his mentor Noctis, and he appears as a massive pitch black dragon, with large feathered wings, which look very similar to that of a raven's. Karasu's physical ability is vastly increased in this form, and the power of his Dragon Breath and Dragon Slayer Magic were permanently boosted, even while in human form. In addition, Karasu is able to transform only certain parts of his body into their draconic counterpart if he chooses, for example, only changing his arm into that of a dragon's.
Karasu has developed a pair of Mystic Eyes, something which is common in his family. In Karasu's case, his Mystic Eyes are a powerful psychic ability granted to him thanks to his bloodline. When activated, Karasu's entire eye glows a bright crimson. Karasu's eyes are called "Mystic Eyes of Targeting". It basically allows him to cover a projectile in an invisible aura, that allows it to home in on a target that he selects, it also accelerates his projectile to greater speeds than they originally had, and can even accelerate originally stationary objects. Karasu's left eye is used to "target", and his right eye is used to "select" a projectile. This allows Karasu to make sure his attacks never miss, and will continue to follow his target until either they hit, the projectile is destroyed, or Karasu cancels the targeting. It is also possible for Karasu to switch targets mid-projectile, allowing him to effectively move his own attacks around at seemingly random angles and change their direction on a whim. This is not limited to projectiles, as it is also possible for Karasu to select his own body parts, for example "selecting" his fist, and "targeting" an opponent, will cause him to follow the opponent even if they dodge, but this could potentially cause injury if his opponent dodges in a way that would make Karasu's arm twist in an unnatural direction. Additionally, it is possible to "select" an enemy or ally, and use this ability to pull them into an attack or out of the way of one. Karasu can "select" himself as well, and then "target" something to allow himself a limited form of flight.
Ichor Ability Edit
Due to being born on the island of Ichor, Karasu has gained the Kingdom Ability bestowed on those from Ichor. Ichor has a fairly unique ability when compared to the normal Kingdoms, as instead of giving an ability, it changes their physiology.
- Superhuman Physical Ability - Because Karasu is from Ichor, is body is far more dense than that of a normal person. Karasu's physical ability is greatly enhanced by this, as his dense body is able to absorb much more punishment than that of a normal person, as well as being able to handle more strain, meaning he is capable of moving faster and using more strength. Because of this, people from Ichor are capable of using 100% of their muscular strength, as their incredibly durable bones and joints have no problem handling this strength. Karasu's body also produces incredibly small amounts, if any, fatigue toxins, allowing him incredible stamina. In addition, those born in Ichor are capable of living off of far less nutrients than a normal person, as even though they possess more mass, their body is far more efficient at using the nutrients that Karasu consumes.
- Healing Factor - In addition, those hailing from Ichor have a very powerful healing factor. This allows them to recover from small wounds near instantly, and heal from more severe wounds in a matter of a seconds, rarely even taking longer than a minute. The only injuries that would take a more extended period to heal would be something such as a missing limb. The healing factor is also able to rapidly destroy most sicknesses, poisons, or anything else that would be harmful to Karasu. In any case, killing someone from Ichor is extremely difficult, and can likely only be achieved from beheading them or destroying their brain.
Shadow Magic is a Caster-Type magic that utilizes shadows. Shadow Magic allows Karasu to bend his shadow for various purposes. He is able to use it for both offense and defense, making this a very useful and versatile ability. In addition to that, Karasu is capable of merging with his own shadow, or the shadows of others. This can be used in combat to grant Karasu the element of surprise, or to allow him to hide or move stealthily. Karasu is also able to manipulate the properties of his shadow at will to the extent that he can turn his shadow into a more rubbery substance, or manipulate it into being even more hard than most metals, both of which could be useful offensively and defensively.
- Shadow Form - Karasu is able to transform his body into a shadow, granting him the ability to move around surfaces, he can transition in and out of this form as he pleases.
- Knuckle Shadow - Karasu shapes his shadow into a fist, or multiple fists, to assault his opponent. These strikes are just as powerful as Karasu's own, if not more so.
- Guard Shadow - Karasu manipulates his shadow into a dome around him to protect him from an opponent's attacks.
- Shadow Orochi - Karasu manipulates his shadow's shape into several snakes to attack and bite his opponent. These snakes are capable of following his target if they are dodged or avoided in some manner, only being stopped if they are destroyed.
- Shadow Pull - Karasu uses his shadow to create a giant hand that is capable of travelling large distances to retrieve targets and pull them back to him. The target is pulled into the shadow, and then brought back to Karasu.
Light Magic is a Caster Magic that involves useage of the light element. It is a magic in which Karasu is able to manipulate and utilize light in various ways. Occasionally, a certain technique, usually involving the hands, is used to cast a Light spell. When used for offense, the Magic can take the form of a sphere-like object that can be ejected at the opponent, or as a beam that can be blasted. Light can also be emitted from the caster's body, depending on the brightness or heat that the light emits, it can be capable enough to blind an enemy, or cause the surroundings to explode. Light Magic can also be manifested for multiple usage in defense.
- Giant Wrath - Karasu releases a continueous surge of destructive light, which destroys everything in its path, doing large amounts of damage to his surroundings in all directions.
- Rain of Light - Karasu moves his hands in various ways, ultimately placing his index and middle fingers on his forehead, sequentially swiping them forward along with his other hand. From both extended palms, Karasu fires multiple rays of Light Magic towards his target, doing large amount of damage and being hard to avoid.
Shadow Armory Edit
Shadow Armory is a molding magic, similar to Ice-Make or Memory-Make. Karasu has dubbed this ability "Shadow Armory", as he feels that simply calling it "Shadow-Make" would sound generic. This ability allows Karasu to create a variety of objects made of shadow constructs to be used for offensive, defensive, or miscellaneous purposes. This ability can be described as unrestrained, and is only really limited by Karasu's own imagination. Karasu most often employs a static-style of molder magic, creating inanimate objects, most often weapons, but there are times when he will use a dynamic-style, which creates animated constructs, often animals. Both styles are very effective, having their own strengths and weaknesses, static being more precise, and dynamic being faster to cast.
- Shadow Armory: Sword - Karasu creates a sword out of shadows.
- Shadow Armory: Blade Maelstrom - Karasu creates several dozen shadow swords, manipulating them at will and launching them at his opponents.
- Shadow Armory: Cleaver - Karasu forms shadows into a massive cleaver-like sword.
- Shadow Armory: Shield - Karasu creates a large shield in front of him made from shadows, capable of defending against attacks.
- Shadow Armory: Longbow - Karasu creates a bow made from shadows. This bow can be used to fire normal projectiles, or arrows made from Shadow Armory as well.
- Shadow Armory: Great Axe - Karasu uses shadows to create a large, double-sided battle axe.
- Shadow Armory: Javelin - Karasu uses shadows to create a spear, which can be used as either a melee weapon or a thrown projectile.
- Shadow Armory: Hammer - Karasu forms a massive hammer made from shadows.
- Shadow Armory: Grappling Chain - Karasu creates one or multiple solid chains made from shadows, which possess a kunai-like blade at the end. They are able to attack to surfaces, or alternatively stab or slash into them, letting Karasu either use them as a weapon, or as a means of transportation.
- Shadow Armory: Dark Attire - Karasu uses this to create his clothes. These clothes, due to being made from his magic, are able to take more damage than normal fabric without being destroyed, reform when it is damaged, and expand or disappear as needed if Karasu does something like change into his dragon form.
- Shadow Armory: Gatling Gun - Using shadows, Karasu creates a large gatling gun, which is capable of firing shadow bullets at extremely high speeds and with incredible power, both far surpassing the levels of a typical gun.
- Shadow Armory: Vehicle - Karasu uses shadows to form a vehicle. This can be any of several vehicles, some land or water based. These vehicles are limited on size, and usually unable to travel into the sky.
- Shadow Armory: Dark Dragon - Karasu creates a massive serpent-like dragon made from shadows and uses it to attack his opponent.
Heavenly Body MagicEdit
Heavenly Body Magic is a Caster Magic that involves the use of various astronomical objects. It is a powerful form of Magic that allows Karasu to use the properties of many astronomical objects for battle, preferably in offense. The properties of Heavenly Body Magic rely primarily on astronomical objects like meteors, or the generation and manipulation of the energy of stars from his own body. Karasu can create powerful light blsts or beams of high destructive power, reminiscent of starlight, at his opponents. This light is not the only substance used, however. Karasu is also capable of using the power of gravity against his opponents for destuctive usage, the strength can be comparable to the effects caused by a black hole. The use of such Magic can be used to enhance Karasu's own skills drastically for various purposes, such as shrouding them in Magic that can increase their speed significantly.
- Meteor - Karasu's body is surrounded by a cloak of Heavenly Body Magic, allowing him to move through the air at incredible speeds. Even if someone could detect his trajectory, it is nearly impossible to catch him. With his speed, Karasu assaults his opponents with quick, but powerful, melee attacks.
- Grand Chariot - While in the air, Karasu places both arms on top of each other, with the top hand having only the index and middle fingers spread out. Seven Magic Seals are then summonsed in front of him and connect, creating a constellation of sorts. Each Magic Seal then releses a powerful light blast down on the opponent, forming the same pattern on the ground before exploding.
- Altairis - Karasu crosses his arms above his head to begin casting the spell. As he prepares to fire the spell, all nearby shadows are drawn towards him, forming a small black orb which rapidly grows in size, before unleashing it towards the target. The orb appears to be incredibly dense, and holds a tremendous amount of gravity, capable of crushing everything in its path.
- True Heavenly Body Magic: Sema - An attack in which Karasu bows down and points his hands downwards, with all the fingers closed except the index and middle fingers. He then begins to slowly move his right hand until it points upwards, causing the clouds above Karasu to begin circling, creating what appears to be a cyclone. From the center of the swirling formation, a glowing orb begins to form, growing in size until a humongous meteor emegs, falling quickly to earth towards the intended target. When the meteor hits, the force is strong enough to create a large explosion, which engulfs a wide area and releases a strong hurricane of air, leaving a crater in its wake.
Titan Slayer MagicEdit
After acquiring and combining Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic, Light Dragon Slayer Magic, Dusk Devil Slayer Magic, and Dawn God Slayer Magic, Karasu created his own magic, dubbing it Twilight Titan Slayer Magic. Karasu retains the ability to eat both Light and Shadows, and can eat the attacks of any of the original three Slayer Types. This makes Karasu highly resistant and practically immune to attacks of either element even if he chooses not to eat them, and he can even manipulate them to a limited extent if an enemy attempts to use one of the elements against him. It goes without saying, that the attacks that are produced with Titan Slayer Magic are also far more powerful than any of the original three types are. In addition, Titan Slayers are still able to resist curses and other demonic attacks like Devil Slayers are, and the power of the Magic is still bolstered by Karasu being a dragon, and while he is in his full Dragon Form. The Twlight element itself takes on the appearance of a black and white flame-esque essence, presumably made from the combination of the two elements.
- Twilight Titan's Holy Eruption - Karasu draws in a large amount of shadows and light into his mouth, before firing it as a massive wave of twilight that destroys and scorches everything in it's path.
- Twilight Titan's Flash - Karasu turns his body into shadows, wrapping himself around his target, assaulting them with a torrent of twilight flames generated from himself as he reforms.
- Twilight Titan's Crushing Claw - Karasu surrounds his fist in twilight flames and punches or slashes at his opponent with increased force and burning capabilites.
- Twilight Titan's Talon - Karasu condenses a large amount of twilight onto his foot and kicks his target, or concentrates it onto his knee and strikes them with it.
- Twilight Titan's Sacred Sword - Karasu surrounds a sword or any other weapon in twilight to increase the power of the weapon by a significant margin.
- Twilight Titan's Shadow Flicker - Karasu turns himself into a shadow and moves at vastly increased speeds, bolstered by the light half of his Twilight Slayer Magic. This movement often appears as teleportation to any onlookers.
Alchemy used by Magi is similar, but noticeably different than that used by Alchemists. Alchemy is a school that aims at the study and manipulation of the flow of matter. Karasu is mostly capable of only basic levels of Alchemy, instead choosing to rely on the support based abilities usually associated with magus-alchemists, namely those that improves one's mind, supporting his other abilities instead of using it as a main form of combat.
- Thought Acceleration - Karasu is able to use magecraft to accelerate the speed in which he thinks. This allows for increased perception, faster learning, the ability to plan his course of action much faster, and to perform high speed calculations. This lets Karasu predict his enemies next move in combat, and calculate the trajectory or angle of incoming attacks and projectiles, letting him dodge or counter far easier.
- Memory Partition - This is the ability to partition their thoughts to form multiple independent thought processes. While normal people can only have a single "room" in their brain and focus on one thought, partitioning adds partitions to the one room to create multiple rooms. It is different than having multiple independent machines in their heads because, while there are multiple processes, they work toward one goal. They manage different problem sets, but work together to generate one overall solution. While machines can calculate on the same level, nothing else compares when used for problem solving. The limit of an average magus is one thought into multiple rooms, but superior magi, such as Karasu, can perform first−order tetration of their thought into rooms. The rooms are synergistic, so four partitions allows for 256 thought processes. As they work towards one goal, it does not allow for 256 separate calculations. Karasu uses it, along with his Thought Acceleration, to calculate the opponents movements in battle, think out multiple separate ideas at once, and calculate data that he gathers.
Runes are magical symbols that can be used for various different effects. They can be carved, drawn, or made in several other ways. Karasu is very proficient in the use of Runes, and often uses them to support his other abilities or make things more effective, or sometimes simply as a convenience.
- Storage Rune - A storage rune is a rune that is capable of sealing items or other things inside of them. They work in similar ways to a chakra-based seal, and can store fairly large items or several at a time. Karasu has several of these on his clothes, allowing him to store weapons or other items. The things stored in this rune can be summoned at will.
- Summoning Rune - A rune that allows Karasu to summon whatever it is placed on to himself. This can be placed on items to allow Karasu to bring them to him at any time he wishes. It is also possible to put this Rune on living things, but if they are sentient their permission must be granted for the summoning to take place.
- Weight Rune - This rune increases the weight of whatever it is placed on. This rune is what is used on all the items in Karasu's family's castle, and Kato's hut to increase their weight. This rune is mostly used for training, and it has been placed on Karasu's cloak to make it weigh several tons, although he no longer does this.
- Strength Rune - This rune increases the overall durability of any object that it is placed on, and can make even fairly weak objects very strong and difficult to damage. When placed on an already fairly durable object, the only thing that would outclass its durability would likely be Valyrian Steel. Does not work on living things.
Yami Yami no MiEdit
The Yami Yami no Mi is a Logia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to create and control darkness at will, making Karasu a Darkness Human. This fruit is considered unique even for a Logia type. The first and foremost strength, is that it allows Karasu to control darkness and its unique property of gravity. The darkness is visually demonstrated by a black smoke-like substance spreading out from Karasu's body. The darkness is a void that devours and crushes everything. Due to this, Karasu can absorb physical matter and attacks of any type by sucking it into the darkness. Karsu can also use this ability to irresistibly pull the opponent to himself. Similar to a black hole, the user can absorb things inside a vortex. It seems that it does not completely compress and annihilate that which is sucked in as an actual black hole would do, but rather creates some form of space where things are stored. The absorbed objects are able to be expelled with great force, and don't seem to be completely destroyed, rather reduced to scraps. The most unique and frightening advantage of this fuit is that Karasu is able to nullify the powers of other Devil Fruits by simply touching the user and draining them of their abilities. This affects all types of Devil Fruits, though Logia seem the most affected as they are no longer able to transform into their respective element. This nullification seems absolute. Additionally, the fruit is able to nullify other kinds of abilities as well, not being limited to Devil Fruits, but only when Karasu is touching his opponent. This fruit is also able to absorb the powers of another Devil Fruit if the user has been killed, which is what has allowed Karasu to obtain a second Devil Fruit.
- Black Hole - Karasu spreads his darkness over a large area and, much like an actual black hole, swallows up anything he chooses. When swallowed, the person or object is subjected to a large amount of gravity and crushed.
- Liberation - Used following Black Hole, Karasu expels all of the destroyed remains of what his darkness had swallowed up at once. This is especially good at demonstrating his power.
- Kurouzu - Extending one arm towards his opponent, Karasu activates the gravity power of his darkness to pull them into his grasp. Karasu can then attack them with his massive strength. This move is particularly useful when used in conjunction with the fruit's power-nullifying abilities, since the target could easily avoid it by fighting at a distance.
- Black World - Karasu covers the area surrounding his opponent in darkness, blocking their vision.
- Yamiagari - Similar to a combination of Black Hole and Liberation, Karasu draws surrounding enemies into a pool of darkness in front of him before ejecting them, causing heavy damage in the process.
- Dark Matter - Karasu creates a big ball of darkness and throws it at his opponent, pulling them into the sphere and exploding.
Pika Pika no MiEdit
The Pika Pika no Mi is a Logia-type Devil Fruit that allows Karasu to create, control, and transform into light at will, turning him into a Light Human. It enables Karasu to move at the speed of light and transport himself by means of reflection, though he isn't able to do this instantly and can only move in a linear direction at a time without being reflected. Like with most other Logia Fruit users, Karasu is able to control, create, and transform into his element. As such, Karasu is able to use light based attacks. Such attacks include shooting laser beams from his hands, fingers, or feet (which are capable of making massive explosions) to partial transformations that allow his physical attacks to connect at as close to light speed as possible. Karasu has mastered his Devil Fruit to the point that he is able to transform into light to avoid attacks reflexively, even when caught off guard. This allows him to avoid attacks by letting them pass through his body, as he turns himself into light. Karasu when he simply transforms into light like this, is unable to completely move however. To move as a beam of light Karasu isn't able to transform instantly as he is able to when he avoids attacks. However, he is capable of moving at the speed of light and reflect himself off of surfaces, though to travel at the speed of light he has to first shine a light on the location he wishes to travel to.
- Yata no Kagami - Karasu forms light in between his hands, and reflects it off any surface he wishes. He then transforms into the light in order to get to his desired location. This attack is especially useful for creating light out of nowhere, allowing Karasu to travel or attack even in the darkest places.
- Amaterasu - Karasu points his index and middle finger into the air or at his enemies (in the form of a peace sign), and emits a powerful flash of light, blinding his opponent, or any enemies in the vicinity.
- Ama no Murakumo - Karasu forms a long, very sharp sword out of light and solidifies it.
- Yasakani no Magatama - Karasu crosses his arms in front of him and uses both hands to fire a torrent of deadly light particles, causing extreme damage to whatever they hit. Karasu can control the spread of the attack, limiting it to a single person or covering an extremely wide area. It also has great piercing properties, able to penetrate through powerful defenses.
Haki is a mysterious power that is found in every living being in the world. It is not that different from normal senses, however, most people do not notice it or fail to awaken it. Broadly, there are two types of Haki common to everyone, given the proper training, however, there is a third type that only a certain group of "chosen ones" are said to possess, which Karasu does. Put simply, Haki is an ability to sense spiritual energy, use life force, and overpower enemies.
- Kenbunshoku Haki - Kenbunshoku Haki is a form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of others, even if they are concealed from view or too far to see naturally. This allows Karasu to see and recognize his targets by their "aura", which forms as a light silhouette on a dark background. This can also be used to predict an opponent's moves shortly before they make them, therefore making attacks much easier to evade. This prediction appears to the user as an image or brief premonition of what the opponents will do in Karasu's "mind's eye", and the damage Karasu will take if the attack actually lands. This, especially when combined with Karasu's Thought Acceleration and Memory Partition which already gives him superhuman reaction and precognitive ability, makes Karasu nearly impossible to land a hit on in battle, and makes surprising him incredibly difficult. Additionally, this Haki allows Karasu to empathize with the emotions and nature of others, and also sense the strength of others compared to his own.
- Busoshoku Haki - Busoshoku Haki is an ability that allows Karasu to create a force similar to an invisible armor around himself. Similar to Tekkai, this Haki allows Karasu to defend against attacks that would otherwise cause him harm. Significant physical force can still overcome this defense, however. Still, since Karasu already has superhuman durability, this makes him incredibly difficult to cause damage to. Naturally this "invisible armor" can be used as a weapon to strike others with. It can be used to augment Karasu's own attacks, projected ahead of Karasu as pure brute force, or imbued in weapons to increase their effectiveness. Any attack enhanced by Busoshoku Haki hits immensely harder than it would normally be without it. This brings Karasu's already extraordinary levels of physical capability to the extreme, allowing him to damage and overpower incredibly strong opponents. In addition to this, attacks used with Busoshoku Haki are capable of hitting even Logia-type Devil Fruit users while they are intangible, as well as hit targets that are intangible through other means in general.
- Busoshoku: Koka - This technique uses Busoshoku Haki to harden the body (or parts of it), and objects which the user is holding. When something is hardened using this, it becomes black in color, and has a much stronger effect than the invisible application of Haki. Therefore, like the normal application, attacks or weapons imbued with this technique become far stronger, except to an even greater extent.
- Haoshoku Haki - Haoshoku Haki is a rare form of Haki that cannot be attained through training, as the others can. Only one in several million people have this ability. This type of Haki allows Karasu to exert his willpower over others. It is said that whoever possesses this type of Haki has the qualities of a king. The most common usage of this ability is using it to exert his willpower onto those with weak wills, rendering them unconscious. Whilst inexperienced users are restricted to merely overpowering the will of one individual or blindly knocking out weak-willed people around them, Karasu is able to pick out weak willed individuals from a group and target them specifically, leaving others unaffected. Those with stronger wills are capable of resisting, or simply outright ignoring the effects of Haoshoku Haki. The ability to knock someone out also depends on the difference in strength between Karasu and his target, the greater the power gap the easier it is for him to knock them out. Although this ability cannot be gained through training, it can be improved upon through strengthening one's will. Additionally, Haoshoku Haki can be used to destroy things to a limited extent, such as cracking the ground upon activation.
Rokushiki is a special, superhuman martial arts style.
- Geppo - The Geppo allows the users to actually jump off the air itself, allowing them to stay in the air for much longer than usual. Karasu can use this technique to cross great distances without ever touching the ground, or set himself up for swift, aerial attacks.
- Tekkai - The Tekkai hardens the users' muscles to the level of iron, in order to nullify damage taken from attacks. Although, with Rasu's superhuman strength and durability, his muscles are hardened to a much higher level than iron, and his defense is incredibly tough to break though. Normally this technique requires the user to be motionless, but Rasu has mastered a form which allows him to move while using it.
- Shigan - The Shigan is a close-quarter combat technique, in which the user pushes their finger into a certain target at a very high speed, leaving a wound similar to a bullet wound. It is capable of pushing people several yards away. It is a very useful technique that can connect rapidly and accurately, which works well with the Rokushiki users' impressive speed and agile techniques. Rasu often uses this technique with not just his finger, but his entire hand, to create much larger wounds.
- Rankyaku - The Rankyaku is a powerful projectile technique, in which the users start by kicking at a very high speed and strength, sending out a sharp compressed air blade that can slice objects and greatly damage a human body.
- Soru - The Soru allows the users to move at extremely high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds and with greater power. It was revealed that the principle of this move was to kick off the ground at least ten times in the blink of an eye. This increases Rasu's already superhuman speeds to insane levels.
- Kami-e - The Kami-e makes the users' body go limp in order to avoid any attacks, and float like a piece of paper.
- Rokuogan - Rasu places both his fists right in front of the target and launches a devastating shock wave in a forward direction. The shock wave created on its own is enough destroy an entire forest or town.
Harmony is Karasu's Knight ability, which allows him to split into two different Karasu's that represent his light and dark, splitting his abilities between the two. Both Karasu's retain all of Karasu's physical ability, but can only use half of his powers, one his light abilities and one his dark. Both can use his Magus abilities and his Twilight Titan Slayer Magic, as well as Haki and any of his basic techniques. These split Karasu's are referred to as Kurasu and Shirasu.
Abilities Karasu no longer has need or access to, as he has emalgimated them all into his Titan Slayer Magic.
Dragon Slayer MagicEdit
Karasu was formerly a Dragon Slayer. Due to having Dragon's Blood, being implanted with a Dragon Lacrima, and being taught by a Dragon, Karasu could be considered a Fifth Generation Dragon Slayer. Karasu is able to use Shadow Dragon Slayer magic, allowing him to use the power of a Shadow Dragon, and transform his physiology into that of one. With this magic, Karasu is able to turn his body into a shadow to move at incredible speed, allowing him to avoid attacks and become intangible for a period of time. This is much faster than the Shadow Form used with normal Shadow Magic, not only moving much quicker while in the form but also being able to transition into and out of the form with greater speed. Also, the shadows produced by Karasu are able to be used in multiple ways, allowing for high levels of adaptability. The shadows are able to be released in free-form, in a condensed state, or even be molded into a weapon or other item, taking on the properties of the chosen shape. Additionally, like all Dragon Slayers, Karasu is able to consume his respective element, Shadows in this case, to empower himself and replenish energy, and is likewise immune, or at least highly resistant, to shadow based attacks. Karasu, after eating the Light Roar of a dragon, has additionally gained the ability to manipulate and devour light, not just shadows. Later, after mastering his Dragon Slayer Magic, and killing several dragons, Karasu gained the ability to completely transform into a dragon, turning him into more than just a Dragon Slayer, but into a dragon itself. Due to this, Karasu no longer needs to use either Shadow Drive or Dragon Force, as now his simple base form has access to the power of all Shadow Drive, Dragon Force, and Poison-Shadow Dragon Slayer Mode, allowing him to use the abilities and enhancements granted by them freely.
- White-Shadow Dragon's Roar - The Light-Shadow Dragon Slayer's exclusive Dragon's Roar, incorporating his elements of Shadows and Light, Karasu quickly gathers and releases a large burst of shadows and light from his mouth. Both of these attacks are quite powerful on their own, so when combined, especially with Karasu's base Dragon Force, this attack is devastating.
- White Dragon's Holy Breath - Karasu quickly gathers and releases a large quantity of light from his mouth. This attack is significantly larger than the similar White Dragon's Roar, having a much larger blast radius and far more destructive power.
- Shadow Dragon's Roaring Eruption - Karasu draws in a large amount of shadows into his mouth, condensing it into a sphere and firing it at his target. This attack creates a massive explosion on contact, engulfing large areas in a shadowy eruption.
- White-Shadow Dragon's Holy Eruption - A mixture of White Dragon's Holy Breath, and Shadow Dragon's Roaring Eruption. Karasu gathers and condenses a large amount of light and shadows into a large sphere in front of his mouth, a process reminiscent of a Tailed Beast creating a Tailed Beast Ball. He then fires the sphere, which creates a massive explosion of light and shadows upon impact. Alternatively, Karasu can convert the sphere into a beam of shadows and light, with similar destructive capability.
- White-Shadow Dragon's Holy Eruption Breath - This technique is formed by Karasu combining his White-Shadow Dragon's Holy Eruption and his Acid Dragon's Breath gained from having the blood of a Dragon. This technique creates a massive wave of acid, shadows, and light, and is far more devastating than either of the techniques are on its own.
- White-Shadow Dragon's Wings - Karasu mixes his shadow and light, forming two large wings on his back. The wings look fairly odd, being black in color with multiple white marks, and are split into three sections each, not looking like standard wings at all. These wings can be used for limited amounts of flight, as well as both attack and defense, as they can be controlled at will by Karasu.
- Shadow Dragon's Slash - Karasu covers his fist in shadows and punches his target with increased force. Alternatively, he can also divide his shadow into numerous thin tendrils to strike his target.
- Shadow Dragon's Crushing Fang - Karasu cloaks his hand in shadows and strikes his target with his hand in a slashing motion, as if he had claws.
- Shadow Dragon's Claw - Karasu generates shadows around his foot and unleashes them on his opponent in the form of a kick.
- Shadow Dragons Waxwing Flash - Karasu turns his body into shadows and wraps around his target, assaulting them with a torrent of feather-like shadows generated from his hands whilst turning tangible once more.
- Shadow Dragon's Eruption - Karasu forms a sphere of shadows in his hand, before throwing it at the ground near his target, where it suddenly bursts into a large geyser of shadows that hits his opponent from underneath to damage his opponent and send them flying into the air.
- White Dragon's Slash - Karasu covers his fist in light and punches his target with increased force.
- White Dragon's Talons - Karasu generates light around his foot and unleashes it upon his opponent in the form of a powerful kick.
- White Dragon's Ensnaring Claw - Karasu gathers light into his hand and fires it at his target, engraving a symbol into their skin, which restricts their movement.
- White Dragon's Holy Ray - Karasu gathers a large amount of light into his hands, before opening his hands and releasing a massive amount of homing beams of light, inflicting large amounts of damage. This can be used to attack multiple targets at once.
- White Dragon's Holy Nova - Karasu gathers a large-quantity of light around his fist, rushing his target and punching them, thereby explosively releasing the stored light upon impact. This is a very powerful technique, as the blast radius from the punch alone is enough to engulf a large area.
- White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk - Karasu creates a multitude of very thin beams of light and shadows, which pierce and slice his target to inflict heavy damage.
- Holy Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang - Karasu charges a large amount of shadows into one hand, and an equal amount of light into the other. Karasu then releases the light and shadows from his fists, merging the two together to create a massive blast with great amounts of destructive power, practically utilizing a Unison Raid single-handedly by mixing his two magics.
- Shadow Drive (formerly) - Karasu cloaks his body in an aura of shadows, amplifying the power of his Shadow Dragon Slayer magic. When in this form, Karasu's eyes become obscured, leaving only blank red irises shown. The use of this spell also improves Karasu's physical ability, allowing for greater strength, speed, durability, and endurance. Aside from increased performance physically, Karasu also gains the ability to morph into his shadow form at much greater speeds than before and move much faster whilst in the form. After becoming a full dragon, Karasu no longer has access to this ability, as he is able to use Shadow Drive's power in his basic form.
- Dragon Force - Due to being a Fifth Generation Dragon Slayer, Karasu is able to go into Dragon Force freely, and also receives even greater power whilst in Dragon Force. While in this form Karasu gains scale-like markings on his body, as well as a powerful aura of shadows. Dragon Force greatly increases the damage done by standard Dragon Slayer spells, and grants the user access to more advanced, powerful attacks as well. Additionally, it drastically improves Karasu's physical capabilities even further, making him far stronger, far faster, and more resistant to damage, and also considerably boosts his magic power, making it appear visible, taking the appearance of a dragon. After becoming a full dragon, Karasu no longer has access to this ability, as he is able to use Dragon Force's power in his basic form.
- White-Shadow Dragon Slayer Mode - Karasu gained the ability to use this after eating the roar of a Light Dragon. This form surrounds Karasu in light and shadows, allowing him to use the abilities of both instead of just that of a Shadow Dragon Slayer. In addition, it boosts all of Karasu's abilities, making him vastly stronger all around. After becoming a full dragon, Karasu no longer has access to this ability, as he is able to use White-Shadow Dragon Slayer Mode's power in his basic form, meaning he can manipulate both Light and Shadows freely at all times.
God and Devil Slayer MagicEdit
Karasu was formerly a Dawn God Slayer and Dusk Devil Slayer, as the powers were passed onto him by his mentor before his death. This gave Karasu the ability to eat those respective elements and control them at a higher level at a higher level than just his Dragon Slayer magic allowed for, as well as being more powerful, though they gave him no transformations. Karasu spent little time developing his abilities with these two skills however, as soon after acquiring them, he, in addition to his Dragon Slayer Magics, incorporated them into a new type of Magic, which he dubbed as Titan Slayer Magic, which combined all three types into a vastly more powerful and flexible form of combat.
Notable Skills and TechniquesEdit
Master Hand to Hand CombatantEdit
Karasu is a master at hand to hand combat, as he has been trained by his family since before he could walk. His fighting style, extremely versatile, aims at dealing the maximum amount of damage in the shortest time possible, striking critical points and making ample use of lightning-fast submission holds to incapacitate or kill the opponent swiftly. He is able to knock a person out by touching a sensitive spot on their neck so fast and precisely it is considered a superhuman feat. Karasu is particularly skilled at finding patterns in the fighting style of his adversary and at figuring out their weak spots, and at using them to exploit or create an opening with which end the confrontation. It is very rare for him to resort to combos, both because his training has led him to favor sneak attacks and careful planning and because one strike from him very often results in the death of his target. When employing his assassination techniques, Karasu switches to what is called “Assassin Mode”, which is nothing more than a state of mind that helps him channel his strength and concentration for the sole purpose of slaying the opponent. Due to his family's philosophy of never putting their lives at risk while fighting, he was also taught a wide array of defensive and escape tactics.
Excellent Strategist and Genius Level IntellectEdit
Even without his Thought Acceleration magecraft, Karasu is capable of devising complex tactics, run accurate simulations and evaluate the success rate of each of them, even in the middle of a fight. He can not only predict the general going of an operation, but also the actions of the single individuals, even if he has never met them. Karasu's intelligence surpasses that of a normal man of any age by far. He is knowledgeable about a wide variety of topics, endowed with prodigious intuition and analytical skills. His abilities in deductive reasoning are second to those of few other people. He can bear severe mental strain and still think clearly, and it was often shown that even those with much more experience than him rely on his predictions before making a move, and he can come up with hypotheses and conclusions that are well beyond ordinary thinking. To match all of this already impressive intellectual capacities, Karasu is also an extremely quick thinker, who is capable of instantly adapting to completely unpredictable, seemingly absurd scenarios.
The ability to be naturally skilled in various fields and unnatural levels. Karasu is able to pick up new skills incredibly quickly, and has a massive variety of varying skills of different uses, that he has naturally accumulated over his life. Even skills that Karasu spends little to no time practicing, he is considered a prodigy in nearly everything he does. Needless to say, the skills that Karasu actually puts time into are extremely well developed, affording him mind-numbing ability, and levels of perceptiveness and efficiency at master levels or beyond. This affinity for having prodigious talent at nearly everything he does is only enhanced by his Thought Acceleration ability, making it seem almost unfair how good he is capable of getting at practically anything he feels like.
Master of StealthEdit
Karasu is incredibly proficient in hiding, spying, and infiltration thanks to his assassin training. This goes as far as Karasu being able to run at a full sprint without his footsteps making any sound at all.
- Shadow Step - Due to his training, Karasu has learned to walk and run without making a sound.
- Rhythm Echo - An assassination art, the Rhythm Echo is a motion that creates an afterimage of the body through a varying cadence of steps. There is a total absence of noise during the movement, and multiple phantoms appear. It utilizes the Shadow Step technique.
Strong Muscle and Joint ControlEdit
Karasu can dislodge his joints at will and in the blink of an eye, an ability that enables him to escape from most ties.
- Claws - One of the several assassination arts passed down to Karasu through his family consists in adjusting the anatomy of his hand. His fingernail turn into claws that are sharper than knives, with which Karasu can sever a limb, a head or even rip out an heart with frightening ease.