Hima is a whimsical, quirky, and deceitful person. She has a unique attitude, often described as "tricky", and commonly wears a facade to mask her truer intentions. Even when she isn't masking her true personality, she rarely reveals her true intentions. Hima comes off as an extraordinarily greedy and selfish person, willing to trick and lie to others in order to obtain the money she desires. However, this is merely a ruse used to mask her actual personality: that of a happy-go-lucky and compassionate individual.
Hima uses the money she obtains to benefit those less fortunate than her and her brother Takara. She does this because she still feels a bit of guilt from the crimes they commited when they were in their youth. She sees this as a way of making up for all of the sins they have carried out in order make her feel better. But that isn't the only reason; she really does enjoy improving the welfare of others.
However, Hima wasn't always this way. When she was a child, she was a fearful, submissive, and pessimistic person due to being abused and neglected by her mother Ren. She was also a liar, a trait she always had, and would lie to her mother about doing the work she was told to do. This would lead to her getting punished, and her brother Takara vouching to take the punishment for her. After she was kicked out of the house she became belligerent, depressed, and traumatized by the environment.
Her harsh life on the streets led to her becoming greedy as well, and she, alongside Takara and Hiroshi, beat, stole, and mugged the ghouls who lived in the territory in order to survive. Eventually, after leaving behind Hiroshi, Hima's perspective of life had changed and she started to become more optimistic. She and her brother Takara lived together and decided to pursue a career as Treasure Hunters: this way they could stop robbing people in order to get rich.
In conclusion, her life improved for the better and the personality she has now blossomed and finally came to fruition. When she wasn't working or arguing with her brother Takara, she spent her time cooking, swimming, listening to music, and going to parties: which she continues to do so nowadays.
Hima was born two minutes after her older twin brother Takara on February 19th, Year 154 in the Ghoul Territory of Aima in the Kingdom of Hades. She was raised by her mother Ren Kagome within the slums of Hades and lived in an unsanitary house and in poverty. Ren had abused and neglected Hima and the rest of her siblings, so she had a low quality of life. She was taught to be obedient and to listen to her mother's harsh demands. This made Hima into an extremely fearful, emotionally scarred, and obedient child. Hima was given the task of taking care of the house, alongside her brother Takara, and it was their duty to keep their mother comfortable.
Hima commonly lied to their mother about how much progress she made on her chores, which caused Ren to specifically target her and beat her up more than her other siblings. This caused Takara to come to her aid, and he asked Ren to beat him in her place instead. He even asked her to let him do all of her work, so that she could rest, and get some sleep. Most of the time this didn't work, but every now and then when she was feeling generous, Ren listened to Takara's pleas.
Once Tsubasa was born, someone had to be given the task of taking care of their baby brother. Due to not wanting his little sister to have to do anymore work, the task ultimately fell to Takara. Nonetheless, Hima pitched in as she still wanted to help her brothers out. Although Ren was abusive and neglectful, but she needed her children alive so they could serve her, so she still provided them with the bare minimum to survive: which is why Tsubasa had to be taken care of.
This created a perculiar dynamic among the Kagome siblings, as their house functioned more like a workplace than an actual home. Hiroshi was tasked with doing the "field work" so he went outside and gathered what Ren wanted, whilst Takara & Hima took care of the chores in the house, as well as raising Tsubasa, and tending to Ren's "neccessities".
Life in the SlumsEdit
One day, when Takara and Hima were doing their usual chores around the Kagome house; Hiroshi started an argument with Ren: over her cruel treatment towards her children. The argument spiraled out of control; which resulted in Hiroshi running away from her afterwards. Takara begged for their mother to bring Hiroshi back; to no avail, which prompted Ren to kick Takara and Hima out of the house. Takara didn't understand why his mother had done what she did, and couldn't accept what she had proposed. He did his best to fight against her, but without being taught Nen, Takara was little more than a ordinary seven year old. Whilst Hima simply cried, and blamed herself, believing they were being kicked out due her constant lies.
In no time, they had found themselves officially out of the house and with nowhere to go. They hated Ren for this, and decided to go find Hiroshi. Luckily, the twins were able to reunite with their brother shortly after they had left: but only Takara had sensed a change within his brother. Hiroshi informed Takara and Hima that they didn't need Ren, that they were better off without her being involved any further within their lives. However, Tsubasa needed to be rescued; so they needed to become stronger, or else they could never save their little brother. Due to this, Hiroshi had decided to teach Hima and Takara how to utilize and hone their Nen. They were Ren Kagome's children, and luckily, they had all inherited her talent: which they used in order to survive the ghouls that roamed the Territory of Aima. With time, they had all discovered their Nen types: Hima was a Transmuter, Takara was a Manipulator, and they had already known Hiroshi was a Specialist.
Hiroshi harbored two tremendously powerful Hatsu, and between his mastery over them; coupled with Hima and Takara's own skills and Hatsu: the siblings were able to make a living for themselves in the slums of Hades. Nonetheless, Hiroshi didn't believe this was enough so he took Hima and Takara to an abandoned N.H.O base. The purpose of going to the base was to gather information on how to learn and use the abilities of other occupations. It didn't take long before they found it, and once they did, they had all made their decisions. Hima and Takara decided to become Shinobi, whilst Hiroshi would become a Shaman. This would make them all much stronger; increasing their chance of survival within the slums.
In the end, Hiroshi had single-handedly educated and raised Hima and Takara; strengthening their relationship over time. The three of them had even formed a gang called the "Kagome Koterie", and they earned a bit of a meaningless reputation among the children gangs of Aima. They stole, beat up, and even killed people who threatened them when necessary: although only Hiroshi did the latter. This dangerous lifestyle had lasted for three years, and before they knew it, Hiroshi had decided it was time to go home: something they all capitulated to. Now at the ages of ten and fourteen: feeling confident about their abilities.
The Kagome siblings headed back to their home, but unfortunately, by the time they arrived: Ren had moved away to a new house. Suddenly, Hiroshi had a mental breakdown and destroyed the house, killing the new residents, and wounding Hima and Takara. Hiroshi apologized immediately afterwards, but Hima would never forget this and she was afraid of Hiroshi ever since he did that. Now, Hiroshi decided that they needed to focus on tracking down Ren no matter how long it may take.
Five years later, after searching for their mother for wat felt like an eternity, they had finally discovered their mother's whereabouts: due to Hiroshi's Hatsu. However, once they arrived, it seems that her house had become a crime scene. Ren had been murdered, repotedly by one of her two sons, and they had fled the scene. This set Hiroshi off, and he generated a devastating inferno that wiped out the entire block and nearly killed the whole populace. Hima and Takara were the only ones around to save some of the people, and they were both injured in the process. They had always known something was wrong with their brother, but they didn't know he'd ever do something like this.This was the last straw for not only Hima, but for Takara as well; Hiroshi had become too dangerous to stay around any longer.
Hiroshi approached them after he had calmed down, but Takara threatened him. He decided that he was dangerous, and that they couldn't stay with Hiroshi anymore. Hima agreed, telling Hiroshi that what he did was unforgivable. This enraged Hiroshi, and he lashed out at both of them in anger. He had nearly killed them, but he stopped himself at the last second, and ran off in terror at what he had done to his little brother and sister.
Hima desperately wanted to find Tsubasa, and their other brother, in order to give them a safe place to live. Takara agreed, and they both went looking for them without Hiroshi. Unfortunately, they were unable to find their little brothers. So eventually, they were forced to give up, and Hima and Takara stayed together and decided to go down a new path
Family Meetings & ReunionsEdit
Hima and Takara traveled across the continent of Olympus after separating from Hiroshi. The two of them pursued a career as Treasure Hunters: tracking down rare and valuabe items. They decided to specialize in this field due to Hiroshi no longer influencing them; allowing them to become better people. They increased their wealth significantly this way and ended up becoming upper-class citizens.
However, since they traveled around a lot they never lived in one place for too long. It wasn't long before the two of them became known as proficient and well-known one star Hunters. Their lives continued down this path for the longest, and eleven years later something remarkable happened. Now at the age of twenty six, while they were traveling throughout Olympus, Hima and Takara happened to see a young man named Hitoshi Kagome on TV one day. Some awful event had transpired in Hera, and many were killed during an Aragami attack. Footage was captured by some bystanders, and was aired later on. Takara didn't know the boy, but based on his last name, his abilities, and his appearance he suspected that he may have been their mother's youngest son who they never met before. Hima agreed with Takara, and thought that they should go visit him. However, Takara declined and told her that it's best that they just leave him alone and not form any attachments: due to everything they had done and to not cause any drama.
Hima disagreed, but listened to her older brother for the moment. Later on, whilst they were still traveling through Olympus and partaking in their career. They stopped at Ares and decided to stay there for a little bit, and Takara decided to pick up some more Treasure Hunter work. Unbeknownst to Takara, Hima had been tracking Hitoshi for some time after with her new Nen ability. So while he was busy looking for more work, Hima pursued Hitoshi herself who was in Ares as well. She found Hitoshi hanging out with the rest of his group; as she watched from a rooftop. They had detected her presence, and they pursued her as she ran away from them. They eventually caught up to her, and asked her who she was. She told Hitoshi that she was his older sister, and that she just wanted to meet him even if only once. Next, she said she hopes she'll meet him again before deciding to depart back to Takara.
Once she got back, it seems that Takara had found out what she did and scolded her for it. She didn't care though, and pretty much ignored him. Later on, after another five years had passed, and the rest of Shinsekai was revealed. Hima and Takara decided to explore it due to their adventerous nature. They explored other regions in search of loot, valuables, and all types of rare treasures. They were thirty one years old, so they had amassed a plethora of experience in their Occupation by now. Their journey throughout the other nations had led to them reaching the Southeregion. They took a liking to it more than the other ones, and decided to stay there for most of their lives.
Before they knew it, fifteen years had passed since they moved to the Southeregion and made the Kingdom of Isis their home. Now at forty six years old, Takara and Hima have become Two Star Hunters due to their achievements and due to both of them picking up a pupil over the years. On top of being recognized as two of the best Hunters in the Kingdom. Aside from that, not much has happened throughout their lives ever since they moved to the Southeregion: specifically to Osiris. However, they had recently learned that their brother Hiroshi had somehow recently became the newly crowned King of Ptah.
Upon learning of this revelation, they had to know if it was true as they couldn’t imagine how else Hiroshi could've become a king unless it was via his Nen. Knowing this, they decided to head to the Kingdom of Ptah to learn more about what their brother had been doing these past thirty years and how he obtained his new position. Once they arrive, they soon learn of mysterious disappearances that are happening inside and outside of the Kingdom. They don't know what's causing it, but they suspect it may have something to do with Hiroshi. So they manage to infiltrate his castle, confront him, and now after three decades they have been reunited: under unfortunate circumstances.
Hiroshi quickly informs his siblings that he is indeed behind the disappearances, and that he is killing people and harvesting their souls to make his newly acquired Spirit of Fire significantly stronger to oppose Bastion and the Mage's Association and obtain information on the Holy Grail. Next, he briefly fights Hima and Takara and they both manage to escape before he kills them. Then, he sends his Royal Guard after them and hires bounty hunters to pursue them all across the Southeregion: in order to capture and kill them.
Eventually, while they are fleeing the South, as if by some stroke of fate, the twins encounter their younger brother Tsubasa: who is critically wounded. They stay with their brother and help nurse him back to health and to regain some of his lost memories. After he begins to recover, they catch up on all the years that have passed and they inform Tsubasa of what has happened. Tsubasa agrees to help them, but he says he needs to regain all of his strength first, and thus he starts by feasting on criminals to build up his strength again until they're strong enough to confront Hiroshi directly. Whilst Takara and Hima would simply continue to do whatever they could to keep down the deaths that Hiroshi is creating.
The Melancholic Beau ArcEdit
Hima is an experienced Two-Star Hunter on top of being a proficient Shinobi. As a child, she was capable of surving in the slums of the Ghoul Territory of Aima due to her own and her older brother's combat skills: being able to defeat adult ghouls on her own. She is well-versed in close-range and mid-range combat and employs a perculiar fighting style.
As a child of Ren Kagome, Hima was naturally born with incredible talent and superhuman battle prowess: a trait all of her siblings share. She is a prodigious Hunter who has been trained by her older brother Hiroshi in the art of the Shingen-ryu school of Kung-Fu since the age of seven, and had mastered everything he taught her by the time they had returned home. Her physical prowess and senses are all superhuman, making her well-suited for battle.
- Superhuman Physical Strength: Hima's physical strength is pretty great. She can easily lift up creatures’ dozens of times her own size, shatter concrete, reinforced steel, and launch her opponents over a kilometer away from her own location with her strength alone. She can cleave enormous structures in half, create craters in the ground by stomping on it, and kill physically weaker foes with a single blow.
- Superhuman Physical Speed: Hima's physical speed and reflexes are notable. She can vanish from the naked eye in a flash, react to surprise attacks at point-blank range, and dodge individual bullets. She can run fast enough to run alongside walls, the ceiling, or other structures by quickly building up enough momentum.
- Superhuman Agility: Hima's physical agility is impressive,s he can vault and leap across large distances with ease. She is capable of running along thin ropes, the sides of buildings, and any extremely thin or unstable obstacles while simultaneously fighting or evading an opponent.
- Superhuman Healing Factor: Hima has a slight superhuman healing factor, which allows her to recover from wounds faster than others.
Nen is a technique that allows one to use and manipulate their own physical Life Energy, produced by the body, known as Aura. It is gradually released from special pores beneath the skin known as Aura Nodes. For those who become skilled practitioners of Nen, they obtain the ability to open and close their Aura Nodes at will. Hima was born a Genius, meaning she had the innate ability to use Nen without ever being taught. On top of being born with a monstrous Aura due to being Ren Kagome's child. Hima was later taught how to properly use and fully master her Nen by her brother Hiroshi: in order to protect herself at seven years old.
Hima mastered the Shingen-ryu school of Kung-Fu's "Nen of the Flame" and learned how to use her signature Hatsu known as "Black Gold". Black Gold enabled Hima to Transmute her Aura into that of petroleum, and everything that is derived from it. Overall, Hima is a proficient Hunter.
Four Major PrinciplesEdit
- Ten (Enevelop; Shroud): Hima uses Ten to keep her Aura Nodes open, but instead of letting it all flow away and dissipate. She controlls it and makes it flow through and around her body, causing her body to become immune to emotional attacks from other Nen users. Since all of the energy is concentrated within the body, it allows Hima to maintain youthful vigor and reduce her body's aging process. The main drawback of Ten, is that even though it protects Hima from emotional Nen attacks, it can not defend against physical Nen attacks. The quality of Ten is improved through meditation.
- Zetsu (Suppress; Null): Hima utilizes Zetsu to close her Aura Nodes, stopping the flow of Aura within and around her body altogether. Since Hima is no longer surrounded by his own Aura, she is sensitive to the Aura of others, and can easily track them down by sensing their Auras. On top of this, it also prevents other Nen users from sensing Hima, it relieves fatigue since the Aura was now fully contained within, and unfortunately makes Hima's body vulnerable to other Nen attacks since her own Aura was disabled.
- Ren (Refine; Enhance): Hima uses Ren to output a huge amount of Aura from her body and keep it attached to her body, she then greatly increases it's intensity and size. Hima's physical strength and durability are increased, and she is provided with a large pool of Aura to use for any techniques. Ren is a direct application of Ten, and it's offensive counterpart.
- Hatsu (Release; Act): Hima utilizes Hatsu to release her Aura to perform a certain action. It is what is used to perform all individual Nen abilities, and reflects one's personal expression of Nen.
- Shu (Enfold): Hima utilizes Shu to extend her Aura around an object to use it as if it was an extension of her body. The object became both stronger and was protected by the Aura, akin to how Ren strengthens and protects her body.
- In (Conceal): In is an advanced application of Zetsu. Hima utilizes In to completely conceal and hide her Aura. Unlike Zetsu, it didn't require Hima to completely cancel the flow of Aura throughout and around her body. Instead, it simply hid it, which allowed her to perform dangerous sneak attacks and lay traps.
- Gyo (Focus): Gyo is an advanced application of Ren. Hima uses Gyo to focus her Aura into one specific body part in order to greatly strengthen that body part. The downside to Gyo is that the other body parts were left vulnerable, due to the Aura being concentrated into one part.
- Ken (Fortify): Ken is an enhanced version of Ren. Hima utilizes Ken to maintain Gyo over her entire body, which allows her to defend against attacks from any direction. Ken is useful as a defensive measure, but is tiring to maintain, and is not as strong as Gyo when used on a specific part of the body since it is dispersed across all of it. Due to this, it is mainly used when being cautious.
- En (Circle): En is an advanced application of both Ten and Ren. Hima uses En to create a sensory barrier around herself made from her own Aura. She can feel the shape and movement of anything and everything that enters the barrier, and can extend its range up to 50 meters. The downside to En, is that it is very tiring and quickly dissipates Hima's Aura. Therefore, she can not use it for extremely long periods of time or else she will run out of Aura.
- Ko (Temper): Ten, Zetsu, Ren, Hatsu, and Gyo are all used together to create Ko. Hima utilizes Ko to focus all of her individual Aura into a specific part of her body. Zetsu is used to stop the flow of Aura across her entire body with all of it being forced into a single spot: tremendously empowering that specific part of her body. The massive concentration of so much Aura in one spot creates an intense high-pitched dissonance, akin to metal being ground and representing how much raw power is contained within the body part or object.
Transmutation, Emission, and ManipulationEdit
- Black Gold - Black Gold is Hima's signature Hatsu and primary Nen ability. It enables her to Transmute her Aura into petroleum for various uses. She primarily uses it for it's flammable properties during combat, and non-lethal properties outside of it. She employs Emission and Manipulation manevuers in order to utilize her techniques to their fullest.
- Nightmare Screen - Hima changes her Aura into sulfur, a component of petroleum, and fires it at her enemies as a blinding, irritating, and suffocating toxic screen.
- Sadistic Fireworks - Hima changes her Aura into petroleum, and then fires it at her opponents in the form of bubbles. Next, she ignites them all with sparks, causing them to detonate on her opponents.
- Hellfire Rockets - Hima changes her Aura into petroleum and sulfur, ignites them both, and then fires them at her opponent's with great speed causing devastating explosions on contact.
- Phoenix Strike - Hima changes her Aura into petroleum, spreads it across her entire body, and then sets herself on fire. She forms it into the shape of a mythical phoenix, and then flies at her opponents and rams into them setting them all on fire on impact and then launches the phoenix at them all from afar: generating an enormous explosion.
- Phy-breaker - Hima changes her Aura into special vaseline, making her incredibly slippery. She becomes so slippery that physical attacks are redirected away from her as they simply "slip" off of her skin. Her speed is also tremendously increased, as she is capable of signicantly reducing physical resistances and friction that would normally slow one down. Even air molecules "slip" off of her, removing all wind resistance as well. She is capable of building up insurmontable levels of speed while using this technique and she can apply it to her allies as well.
- Adam's Ale - Adam's Ale is Hima's secondary Hatsu and second most-used Nen ability. Hima is capable of changing her Aura into water too; which she combines with the petroleum she creates to enhance her techniques due to the synergy between them.
Vows & LimitationsEdit
Vows and Limitations are para-psychological inhibitors applied to certain skills or abilities that Hunters use with their Nen. For example, if someone says "I Vow that I will only use this skill only on Thursday" then it will become more powerful when used on that day. If a Limitation is applied to the Vow, it'll become even more powerful for example if one says "I Vow that I will use this skill only on Thursday, and if I use it any other day I will die" that would be considered a Limitation.
- Nightmare Screen - Hima can only use Nightmare Screen against opponents with special eyes, or else she will lose the ability to see forever.
- Sadistic Fireworks - Hima can only use Sadistic Fireworks against multiple opponents, or else she loses the ability to use her fingers forever.
- Hellfire Rockets - Hima can only use Hellfire Rockets on opponents with thick armor or formidable defenses, or else she loses the ability to walk forever.
- Phoenix Strike - Hima can only use Phoenix Strike after all other Nen abilities and techniques have been expended, or she loses the ability to use Nen forever.
- Phy-Breaker - Hima can only use this technique when aiming to kill, or else she loses it forever.
Hima is a shinobi, so she can use chakra: a supernatural energy that enables her to perform various techniques known collectively as "Jutsu". Her chakra is colored emerald green, like that of her eyes, and it flows clockwise throughout her Chakra Pathway System. Her chakra control is good, which allows her to proficiently wield her chakra without wasting it.
- Soft Physique Modification - Soft Physique Modification is a technique that enables Hima to dislocate her joints and control her softened body with chakra. She can extend and retract all of her limbs across enormous distances and move in a manner similar to that of a snake. She can stretch and twist her body in inhuman ways in order to restrain and subdue her opponents, and spy on people as well.
Master Hand-to-Hand CombatEdit
Hima's skill in hand-to-hand combat is nothing short of masterful: having displayed prodigious talent in it's use since an extremely young age. She has learned and mastered dozens of fighting styles over the years due to her age and has become amassed an enormous amount of battle experience. She can seamlessly transition and combine the teachings of the multiple different styles together in order to increase her effectiveness in combat. As this can give her a peculiar or "random" look in battle making her movements hard to predict and counter. She could be considered a grand master of martial arts herself, and use them for various purposes both in and outside of combat.
Intuitive Learning Edit
As a child of Ren Kagome, Hima was naturally born with extraordinary intuition. Even moreso than that of her brothers, as she can easily mimic and use the proper form of any fighting style she is taught after seeing it only done once. This enabled her to rapidly rise through the ranks of the styles she learned at exceptional speed that most are incapable of achieving. This makes her well-suited for combat, specifically short-range combat, which she prefers, and uses above all else.
- Hima Kagome's first name means "free time", whilst her surname means "a basket full of holes", "a pregnant woman", or "a caged bird".. Her name is a reference to her carefree personality.
- Hima's appearance is based off of that of Mez from the Akame Ga Kill! series.