Haruka "Hayate" Linus, otherwise known as Haru, is an 18 year old two-eyed ghoul Magician, Mage, Magus, and Shinobi from the Kingdom of Hades. He is the eldest son of Hitoshi Kagome and Karina Linus, and older brother of the deceased Jayme Linus. The former lover of Tarianna Fukishima, and father of Shina Linus. As the Prince of Hades, he was raised within a wealthy environment for his entire life: being given everything that he could have ever wanted since birth. However, there is one thing that he desired more than anything else: to spend time with his parents, something he was unable to achieve since they were pivotal world leaders with busy schedules. Due to this "neglect" that he has suffered, Haruka became a cold and pessimistic individual who dealt with his problems by taking his anger out on others. Later on, Haruka temporarily left behind his family in pursuit of self-discovery and coming to terms with his problems. He eventually returned to repair the damaged familial bonds that he left behind, only to leave again in a quest to desperately find his uncle Tsubasa Kagome: to no avail, prompting him to return home. Eventually, with the help of his friends, he found his uncle and met the rest of his relatives. However, due to all of the trials and tribulations he had gone through. He had become a bloodthirsty maniac hellbent on destroying all of his foes. Fortunately, once again, with the help and support of his friends he has turned over a new leaf and has become a better and "new" person: who simply wishes to prevent any world wars from breaking out and to destroy those who aim to spark them.
Personality & General BackgroundEdit
Origin is the starting point that defines one's existence and directs one's actions throughout life. It is the driving force from the inside of the Root that managed to stream out of the Source and take material form. The form it can take at times is that of a human being, and all humans match their actions to be in harmony with the driving force that originated them from the moment they enter into the world. These actions are more along the lines of an inherent compulsion that could be called a person's instinct rather than a conscious decision. If a person becomes awakened to their Origin, it becomes nearly impossible to stray from their Origin if it's even possible in the first place. It becomes an impulsive behavior one would follow as though it were an absolute order.
Under the system of Magecraft, Origins are used to describe precise details about a Magus, while Elemental Affinity indicates one’s general alignment. Magus with an Origin that is strongly expressed outwardly are sometimes removed from the normal alignments and there are times that the Origin itself becomes the alignment. Most of those Magus exhibit their talents as extreme specialists, allowing them to potentially reach higher grounds than normal Magus. Even those without an Elemental Affinity are sometimes still capable of casting spells simply by following their Origin. It's possible for them to overcome great obstacles such as a lack of Circuits or a lack of talent for Magecraft altogether. In Haruka's case, his Origin and Elementary Affinity are both "Stubborness": dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something. Haruka was awakened to his Origin at thirteen years old after deciding to become a Magus in order to makeup for the strength he had lost. Due to this, Haruka has become an even more stubborn individual than ever before and this led to his further descent into the Curse of Hatred, Falling into Depravity, and developing psychosis.
Pre-P1 - P1 Edit
Originally, Haruka was a naive, optimistic, and cheerful young child who had a tendency to be stubborn at times. He had an excellent relationship with all of his family, friends, and their peers. He spent most of his time hanging out and having fun with his childhood friends and his little brother Jayme. However, around seven years of age, when Hitoshi and Karina started becoming more busy they payed less attention to Haruka. This led to Haruka becoming deeply saddened and he started to become upset with his parents. This affected not only Haruka, but Jayme as well, but unlike Jayme, Haruka was ridiculously stubborn and refused to listen to any of the reasons they gave for their absence.
This caused Haruka to start to become pessimistic, cold, and distance himself from others. He grew to dislike his mother and father, accusing them of neglecting himself and Jayme because they cared about random strangers more. In short, Haruka was extremely childish and ignorant, not even bothering to try to understand what his parents were going through and why they had become less attentive. Hitoshi and Karina were perturbed by this, but due to how busy they were, there was nothing they could do about it. So Hitoshi personally assigned a man named Darius, Haruka's personal bodyguard, to inform Haruka the best he could in hopes of helping his young and ignorant understand what was going on in the world.
Darius listened to Hitoshi and began to spend much more time than usual with Haruka, causing Haruka to eventually view Darius as an older brother. This caused Haruka to form a strong bond with Darius, and he looked up to him from time to time. But when it came to discussions involving his parents, Haruka shut Darius out and didn't listen to his "excuses" that he made for his parent's absence: willfully choosing to act idiotic and ignorant. Darius did his best to convince Haruka, but he wouldn't listen, so eventually he gave up on trying to convince Haruka in this manner.
Instead, Darius chose to teach Haruka how to channel his anger into something more positive. He taught Haruka how to fight so that he could always protect himself and Jayme if necesary. He taught him how to be a Magician, specifically teaching him the famed Royal Swordplay style passed down since the founding of Hades' royal families. Unfortunately, this backfired, and Haruka instead decided to use his newfound skills to take his anger out on other people whenever he got into a fight them. Essentially, he would go overboard and beat his opponent to a bloody pulp.
This anger was increased towards other children whose parent's actually had time to spend with their children: causing Haruka to become extremely jealous. Which is what prompted him to be so harsh on other kids he started fights with on purpose: usually by mocking them and insulting them personally. Overall, Haruka was a pretty bad kid who had a habit of throwing temper tantrums and assaulting classmates.
Despite all of this, whenever Haruka saw someone else being bullied, he would always step in and do his best to defend them. As deep down, Haruka knew everything that he did was wrong but he was too stubborn to admit it. So, despite having many oppurtunities to, Haruka refused to admit he was in the wrong and continued down the same pessimistic and overly aggressive path that only alienated people from him.
All of this continued for five years, and before Haruka knew it, all of his childhood friends had grown to dislike him and spent very little time with him. The only people who still liked him and would always play with him were his uncle, Tsubasa, and his aunt, Asha, but the both of them left a few years back for various reasons and he hadn't seen them in a while. So when he heard that his uncle Tsubasa's Survey Corps expedition group had returned after a while, he went off to the docks in anticipation for his return. His goal being for him, his brother Jayme, and uncle Tsubasa to go off and leave alone together while leaving behind his mom and dad for their "neglect".
When Haruka latter learned that his uncle went missing during the expedition he was left heartbroken and was placed in a state of emotional turmoil: he further shut off everyone, especially Viserys after a brief and horrific training session, and his parents when they tried to force him to go on an expedition. However, when the notion that he could find Tsubasa at sea was suggested to him he was motivated to go and he decided to join the voyage out to sea with both his childhood friends and some new kids who they had just met: who would soon become their new friends and form the group "Astrea".
During their long and challeging voyage, Haruka's personality would remain unchanged for the most part. However, due to the traumautizing events they experienced Haruka began to mature slightly and open his eyes. He realized how messed up the world really was, and began to understand why his mother and father had to do what they were always doing. But due to his stubborness, and lying to himself by convincing himself that he and Jayme were more important than entire countries, he refused to admit he was wrong and continued to act-out and be a generally disruptive asshole.
When Viserys, one of Haruka's childhood friends was killed, and he and his friends were immediately thrown in prison afterwards: Haruka was left absolutely devastated. His life had never reached such a low point before, and he attempted to commit suicide by drowning himself in the shower. Afterwards, when he and all of his friends got rescued after, Haruka was still left emotionally scarred, and after having an argument with his dad about his unreasonable behavior, he ran away with his newfound girlfriend Tarianna, as he was unable to deal with so many emotions once.
In Part 2, Haruka had become even colder, darker, and more unnerving than before. However, he masked this by putting on a more optimistic, composed, and reserved demeanor. He had Fallen into Depraivity due to ruminating about all of the problems in his life and being led to believe that they were all caused by a man known as "Destiny": an Endless with the ability to see through time; in order to manipulate it as he saw fit. This caused Haruka's mental stability to partially collapse, and he became an extremely aggressive, hostile, and dangerous person who valued killing his enemies above all else.
He commonly threatened the lives of his closest friends, put his girlfriend Tarianna in danger, and overall had become a rather bothersome nuisance and burden on Astrea. He became obsessed with the ideology of achieving revenge, hatred, and death. He was willing to kill himself, even sacrifice his own very existence, all for the sake of destroying his foes. This unhealthy obsession and dangerously hostile mentality negatively impacted his relationships with all of his friends and family.
When his brother Jayme and Darius died, Haruka snapped, and all of his feelings from before increased even further. This eventually lead to Haruka leaving behind the group for a while in order to "become one" with his brother Jayme and Darius. This would enable him to "keep them alive" inside of himself, by merging with Jayme and eating Darius.
In Part 3, Haruka had become psychotic, chaotic, and completely unpredictable. He had fully delved into the Curse of Hatred, Falling into Depraivity, and the insanity that came with becoming a kakuja. Uniquely, this caused him to act more optimistic, upbeat, cheerful, and overall much less hostile and disturbing. This was because he had become so deluded to the fact that he believed he had become "immortal". He believed he truly was unstoppable, couldn't be killed, and was now strong enough to eviscerate all of his enemies with ease. His delusion was most exemplified through him believing that his little brother Jayme was speaking to him directly through his parasite that was implanted in his chest. When in reality, the parasite had no consciousness, and Jayme's actual consciousness was with his soul and watching in horror from the Otherside.
This is what is known as "psychosis", and it had left a powerful effect on Haruka. Realizing what state he was in, Astrea worked together to get rid of it by summoning the soul of his brother Jayme down from the Otherside. That way, Haruka would realize that Jayme was truly dead and his psychosis would be broken. This caused Haruka to become less deluded, but it caused him to sink even deeper into all of the dark feelings that was possessing him. Which, unfortunately, led to his mind finally collapsing and causing him to become a dark and sinister individual with no regard for human life: on top of believing that power was the only thing that mattered, and no longer valuing romantic relationships. The only lives he valued were those that he cared about, but due to how aggressive he was, even they were put in danger. This ended up being showcased during the Brawler Pit when Haruka started massacring as many people as possible in his quest to "become God": which was the last straw for Astrea as a whole. Shortly afterwards, Astrea was forced to come together once more, and they all did their best to destroy Haruka's psyche and reform it in a way that would enable him to overcome all of his mental and emotional afflictions. Luckily, their efforts worked, and Haruka was finally cured and reborn as a "new" individual with a healthy body and mind.
Nowadays, Haruka is a more relaxed and reserved person with the intention of making up for all of the suffering he has brought upon his friends and family. He is much more optimistic, competent, selfless, and understanding of others. Though, as to be expected, he is still extremely stubborn and once he sets his mind on something he is unwilling to change. He still intends to find and destroy all of his enemies as well, as he believes they deserve to die for what they've done, and because of that he feels no sympathy for them and has no intention of granting them any kind of mercy: only a slow and painful death for the havoc they have brought upon the world.
P4 - Post-P4 Edit
List of EventsEdit
New Dawn Arc
- Event: A Beautiful Lie - Earned 4,400 XP and 3,000 B
- Event: No More Kid Stuff - Earned 12,000 XP and 7,000 B
- Event: The Legend of Rayme - Earned 6,600 XP and 3,000 B
- Event: The List - Earned 3,600 XP and 2,000 B
- Event: Dawn's End - Earned 3 Lvls, 12,000 XP, and 15,000 B
The Rookie Pit Arc
- Event: Into the Pit - Earned 9,500 XP and 7,000 B
- Event: Jade Flower? Yeah sure - Earned 4,000 XP and 4,000 B
- Event: Kraken's Eye? All done! - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Don't Sleep on Olympus - Earned 2 Lvls and 10,000 B
- Event: Let's Shake on It
- Event: The Extinction Machine
- Event: Checkmate
- Event: Anomie - Earned 15 Lvls, 2,500 XP, and 25,000 B
The conclusion of Part 1 resulted in Haruka leaving behind his family and friends in order to deal with the fact that he was in the wrong for viewing his parents in such a negative light. He lived alone with Tarianna on the outskirts of Hades for approximately two months before finally accepting the fact that he was wrong and deciding to return home and mend his familial bonds in March. Once he made up with his mother and father, Haruka made up with his friends in Astrea, and both apologized and forgave them for everything that they had done to each other over the course of their year-long voyage.
Though Haruka had fixed his problems with his family and peers, he was still concerned about his uncle Tsubasa who's location was still unknown. He wished to leave Olympus once more to find him on his own, so that all of his time and effort could be dedicated to a single goal. However, knowing that there's a good chance that Tsubasa could've been killed. Haruka decided to have his ability to use chakra as well as his sharingan removed so that he would never fall victim to the Uchiha Clan's legendary Curse of Hatred. Additionally, he removed his kakuhou and by extension his kagune and kakugan due to the fear of wanting to eat people and becoming a monster in the future. As during one of his several battles on the voyage, he had tasted the flesh and blood of one of his foes and actually found it delicious.
This represented one of his most violent tendencies and meant that there was a chance he could resort to cannibalism in the future if his appetite ever became uncontrollable. Knowing this as well, he had the chance completely removed by renouncing his status as a one-eyed ghoul. Once his surgical procedures were completed, he trained to become a Mage and Magus to make up for the abilities that he had lost for over a year. Once that time eclipsed, he left with Tarianna in April of 202 to find Tsubasa. He explored New Olympus, The Isles of Europa, The Scarlet Sea, The Storm Islands, and the borders of other regions in a desperate attempt of uncovering the truth behind Tsubasa's disappearance during the Survey Corps' expedition.
Unfortunately, due to the presence of Kreed's Saints of the Morning Star and other enemy factions there was only so much territory that Haruka could explore. It was during this voyage that Haruka began to realize that his true enemy was Destiny. Haruka had always depised Destiny ever since he had learned of his existence and what he was capable of, but he put his thoughts in the back of his head until he met Jacob AKA the God Requiem hoping that he would find answers on how to destroy Destiny. But Jacob both refused and didn't have answers for Haruka's questions and inevitably let himself be murdered by eleven mysterious figures that vanished without a trace. This affected Haruka deeply, and made him feel like there wasn't any hope left. Though he once again put the thoughts at the back of his head once he and Astrea returned home at the conclusion of Part 1 and his family become more important.
But due to there being nothing else to worry about or ponder on, the thoughts drifted back and Haruka came to understand that if Destiny truly does have the power to control and manipulate everything that has ever transpired. Then all of his, his familiy's, his friend's, and Tarianna's suffering is all due to this single reality manipulating entity: Destiny. The thought that every single event that has ever happened in his entire life was all controlled by this ominous entity lead to Haruka losing his mind and becoming mentally unstable. A deep and sinister hatred had worked it's way into his heart and he had begun to "Fall into Depravity" as he refused to allow his life and anyone elses to be controlled by this "Destiny" enigma. He vowed that he would do absolutely everything in his power, even if it kills him, to find and kill Destiny in order to liberate the world from his control. He didn't care if Destiny had the ability to forsee the future and manipulate it, somehow, one way or another, he would find a way to find and wipe Destiny out of every single aspect of existence. He would venture into the Otherside or the Underworld if he had to in order to eviscerate Destiny's soul after his body was vanquished: even if it meant that his own soul would be destroyed in the process. This mental instability converted into raw willpower, and became a powerful drive that enabled Haruka to endure whatever he had to in order to complete his goal: to kill Destiny.
Above all else, Destiny had to be stopped and destroyed for the sake of Shinsekai and all of the people in it. But he had to find answers in order to do what had to be done. So realizing the futility of his voyage, he returned home once more after more than two years on the date of May 204. Upon his return and due to his fall, he decided to retrieve his removed kakuhou and transform it into a quinque that he would use as his primary weapon in battle. From that point on, he spent the next year reading books and educating himself on the past in order to find a way to find and destroy Destiny. As perhaps destroying Destiny would allow him to find Tsubasa, and finally make his family whole again.
Days Gone By Arc
- Event: 046 - Earned 2,000 XP and 3,200 B.
- Event: The First Child
- Event: Bootstrap - Earned 1,200 XP and 6,000 B.
- Event: The First Man - Earned 80 XP and 400 B.
Kingdom Come Arc
- Event: The Authority of Wrath - Earned 3,600 XP and 5,000 B.
- Event: Now You See Me - Earned 8,900 XP and 11,000 B.
- Event: The National Anthem - Earned 17,000 XP and 22,000 B.
- Event: Decide and Rebirth - Earned 8,000 XP and 9,000 B.
No More Kid Stuff Arc
- Event: Welcome Back Astrea - Earned 800 XP and 3,600 B.
- Event: Don't Sleep on Astrea! - Earned 12,000 XP and 14,000 B.
- Event: Let's Shake On It (II) - Earned 22,000 XP and 32,000 B.
The Requiversary Arc III
- Event: An Ideal To Strive Towards - Earned 32,000 XP and 45,000 B.
- Event: My Own Worst Enemy - Earned 30,000 XP and 45,000 B.
What Lies Beneath Arc
- Event: Daemon - Earned 8,700 XP and 5,600 B.
- Event: Here Lies the Silver Falcon - Earned 11,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Fragment of Him - Earned 8,600 XP and 12,300 B.
The Rabbit Hole Arc
- Event: Let's Shake On It (III) - Earned 7,000 XP and 8,000 B.
- Event: Astrea vs The Rabbit Hole - Earned 13,000 XP and 8,000 B
- Event: A Dream of Gaia - Earned 17,000 XP and 13,000 B
The Otherside Arc
- Event: Warden of the Otherside - Earned 5,000 XP and 4,000 B
- Event: Unravel - Earned 15,000 XP and 12,000 B
- Event: Void Genome - Earned 13,000 XP and 15,000 B
- Event: The Next - Earned 15,000 XP and 11,000 B
- Event: Christa - Earned 20,000 XP and 18,000 B
- Event: In the Bleak Midwinter - Earned 30,000 XP and 28.000 B
- Event: Collateral - Earned 30,000 XP and 25,000 B
- Event: Blank Period II - Earned 2 Levels and 80,000 B
Blank Period II Edit
When Haruka left behind Astrea after the battle at Dis Pater, he went to the N. H. O's scientist to request to have genetic alteration surgery. He had them keep it a secret, so that no one would find out what he was planning to do soon. He had his ability to use chakra restored and by extension all of his shinobi capabilities in order to become stronger. He also had himself injected with an enormous amount of Rc cells as well in order to regrow his kakuhou and to become a one-eyed ghoul again. Next, once the surergy was over, Haruka requested that his Origin Swords be remade into something "more fitting": a new and stronger form.
Afterwards, Haruka visited the graves of his little brother Jayme Linus and his bodyguard Darius in order to initiate his next step. By implanting a magic talisman in Jayme's corpse before he died he kept his corpse in pristine condition, whilst as for Darius he used life magic to recreate his body from his ashes. Next, he recalled the memories of the tragic day that both of them died and awakened the Mangekyo Sharingan for the first time. Then, he merged with Jayme, enabling him to live on inside of him as a parasite whilst he ate Darius' entire body in order to begin the process of becoming a kakuja.
From that point on, Haruka hunted down criminals wanted around the Westeregion so that he could eat them and grow stronger: targeting ghouls specifically; so that he could become a kakuja. Before he knew it, he had devoured countless ghouls, humans, and hybrids comprised of them. He became a new type of ghoul that he dubbed a "two-eyed ghoul" due to genetically being a one-eyed ghoul yet possessing two kakugan instead of one. When he wasn't doing that, he was training and honing his shinobi and ghoul capabilities in order to reach his full potential. This lasted for four months, and before Haruka knew it he had "evolved" and become a brand new person.
- Event: Overwhelming - Earned 13,000 XP and 15,000 B
- Event: All Out War - Earned 20,000 XP and 23,000 B
- Event: Paper Bag Pirates - Earned 8,000 XP and 9,000 B
- Event: The Sloth and the Grail - Earned 25,000 XP and 30,000 B
- Event: The Otherside of Hell - Earned 8,000 XP and 11,000 B
- Event: Limbo - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Lust - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Gluttony - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Greed - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Wrath - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Heresy - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Violence - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Fraud - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Treachery - Earned 5,000 XP and 5,000 B
- Event: Warden of the Afterlife - Earned 30,000 XP and 25,000 B
St. Dumas Arc
- Event: Trinity - Earned 20,000 XP and 18,000 B
The Melancholic Beau Arc
- Event: Kagome Konclusion - Earned 25,120 XP and 25,900 B
Overlooking View Arc
- Event: Enter the Pit - Earned 25,000 XP and 25,000 B
- Event: Brawler Pit Round of 16 - Earned 30,000 XP and 30,000 B
As a two-eyed ghoul who has become a Magician, Mage, Magus, and Shinobi. Haruka is an extraordinarily talented, skilled, and powerful individual with ever-increasing potential. He hails from several of the most well-known and powerful families in the world of Shinsekai: having inherited many of their signature traits. He is well-versed in physical, spiritual, and magical combat making him a diverse combatant whose abilities are useful in various situations. As a member of Astrea, he is among one of the strongest youths in the world today and is declared a Beta-level threat by the Imperial Reich: the most influential and powerful overarching global government and military might.
Two-Eyed Ghoul Physiology Edit
Originally, Haruka was a second generation one-eyed ghoul, because he was merely 3/4ths human and 1/4th ghoul and shared the same characteristics of one-eyed ghouls. However, after merging with his late brother Jayme who was also a second generation one-eye ghoul: Haruka has become a new species dubbed the "Two-Eyed Ghoul". Two-eyed ghouls are basically identical to one-eye ghouls, except for the fact that they have two kakugans instead of one, but they're almost genetically the same. The status of a "Two-Eyed Ghoul" can only be achieved if a one-eyed ghoul assimilates with another one-eyed ghoul, combining both of their capabilities and transforming the host into a two-eyed ghoul. However, by assimilating another ghoul to become a two-eyed ghoul, cannibalism is inacted and thus two-eyed ghouls are kakujas by nature. A kakuja is the form a ghoul's kagune takes after repeated cannibalization, and causes rapidly evolving capabilities. But the side-effect of the cannibalization causes the ghoul to go insane, and lose all sense of reason. The incomplete stage of this transformation is what is known as a half-kakuja and Haruka is a complete one: having achieved mastery over his kakuja. In short, two-eyed ghouls are usually more powerful than one-eyed ghouls, and are seen as a new type of ghoul. Due to his physiology, Haruka is naturally exceedingly superhuman in all physical aspects of the word: possessing superhuman physical prowess, senses, and cellular regeneration. These abilities are entirely based around what is known as "Rc cells" which stands for "Red Child" cells: special cells that exist in the body of all biological beings. Rc cells flow like blood but have the ability to become as solid as bone, and can be referred to as "liquid muscles". Due to his ghoul heritage, his body has a special organ known as a kakuhou that stores and concentrates all of these cells together. His kagune is the created form of these cells when they all merge together and emerge from his body's kakuhou.
Due to having Rc cells, he has what is known as an "Rc Factor": which is a measurement for the amount of Rc cells that an individual has in their body. Ghouls have an amount that is usually ten times that of a regular human being, though this can differ depending on the individual. While most humans have an Rc factor of 200 to 500, most ghouls have an Rc factor of 1,000 to 8,000. Haruka has a factor of 13,713, which is one of the highest Rc factors ever recorded. The Rc cells within his body flow through what is known as "Rc Vessels": they act as pathways throughout the body for the cells that originate from within the kakuhou and permit the kagune to sprout from the body. Haruka's bodily capabilities increase depending on how many vessels he has within his body, and the number of vessels increases depending on how many times his body is wounded and regenerates. It's through this process, that one-eyed ghouls (and by extension two-eyed ghouls) become stronger the more they're harmed during battle. This expands beyond simply receiving wounds, but involves regular physical fitness training. As the regenerative factor combined with the growth rate of the Rc vessells would allow for Haruka to become much stronger at astonishing rate during the process at which his muscles broke down and built themselves back up.
Like some other human-ghoul hybrids, Haruka is born with the ability to eat and consume human food without any problems like a human being would. This allows him to break away from the one-eyed ghoul's usually inherent cannibalistic nature that forces them to eat either humans, ghouls, or other hybrids. Allowing him to have a more "normal" and less complicated life. Though the desire for human flesh and blood can be ignited if one obtains a taste of it, like Haruka did, which prompted him to remove as much of his ghoul characteristics as possible at one point in time. However, as of late, he has given into his primal desires and now frequently consumes the flesh of other humans, ghouls, and hybrids comprised of them to become stronger.
Kakuhou, Kagune, and KakuganEdit
A kakuhou is a sack-like organ that exists inside of ghouls and one-eyed ghouls. The stronger Haruka becomes, the more kakuhou his body develops. He initially had one, and it was located beneath his left shoulder blade due to his Rc type being koukaku. But due to assimilating Jayme, and eating Darius, as well as countless others, Haruka has developed eight kakuhous in total. The first two are located beneath each shoulder blade, the third and fourth are beneath them, the fifth and six on his lower back, and the seventh and eighth are even further down around his tailbone. The kakuhous store Rc cells, so that the nutrition inside of them is absorbed by the body. So as a result, Haruka is capable of storing enormous quantities of Rc cells within himself. When released they take on the form of what is known as a "Kagune": a ghoul's main predatory organ.
A kagune is as red as blood, and is flexible like the flow of water yet also firm and sturdy. When it is released, the physical capabilities of Haruka's body are raised considerably and he obtains a boost of energy. It can be described as a voluntary muscle that can be controlled however Haruka sees fit and can be softened and hardened according to his will. It's size is dependant on the quality and quantity of the Rc cells that his body contains, whilst it's shape is dependent on his intellect and creativity, as well as his Rc type. Due to absorbing Jayme, Haruka has obtained the ability to further manipulate his kagune beyond the standard limitations of it's specified type.
The kagune's appearance and place of emergence is based on what is known as an "Rc type": one of the four classifications of a ghoul's kagune. Haruka was merely a koukaku type at first, and thus his kagune was only released beneath his left shoulder blade. It was also made up of high density Rc cells, and because of that his kagune was rather robust, heavy, sturdy, and boasted the greatest raw defense out of the other types. It was extremely heavy, and thus harder to wield compared to other kagune types and it's usage made Haruka slower when it was activated. However, after merging with Jayme, he obtains Jayme's bikaku type kagune and can wield it in tandem with his own. This made Haruka into a chimera type, meanining that he had two or more different types of kagune.
As he continues to eat more people, and thus increase his capabilities, he is able to increase the power of his kagune even more and make it take more forms. It can take the form of a shield and sword, like that of it's original version, or it can take the form of nearly anything he can imagine and it's kakuja form: though they all look like they're covered in segmented metal plates. He has the ability to detach his kagune as well, and use them as walls, traps, or signals. As a wall, his kagune will sprout forth and form an organic barrier to block attacks or prevent passage. As a trap, they will curl up and lie in wait until nearby movement causes them to lunge out at the source of the movement. Whilst as a signal, they will alert the user that an enemy is approaching if they happen to come into close proximiy to the signal.
In it's kakuja form, Haruka's kagune becomes a dark red segmented plate armor that encases his entire body. It covers the shoulders, chest, stomach, lower back, upper back, lower sides, and thighs. It also possesses gauntlets, shin guards, crotch guards, and a helmet adorned with horns. Basically, it takes the appearance of traditional heavy samurai armor: granting it supreme sturdiness. The armor's size, weight, durability, and hardness make it an exceptional defense against many different types of attacks. The facial part of his armor has four eye sockets, the bottom two overlap with Haruka's own eyes, whilst the top two possess Jayme's eyes: enabling Haruka to manifest Jayme's eyes alongside his own and use their Sharingan simutaneously. The armor is also customizable, like that of all of Haruka's kagune, allowing him to change it's features in the midst of combat to adapt to any situation. Haruka can also employ Jayme's kakuja in combat, which takes the form of an incredibly long tail with a mouth at the end of it which contains rows of razor sharp teeth. It also takes the appearance of being covered in segmented metal plates, and he can open up the plates to unleash a torrent of knive-like projectiles to skewer anything in the vicinity. Overall, Haruka is a kakuja, chimera, and detachment type whose kagune is incredibly powerful and versatile, that can be used in any situation for offensive, defensive, and supplementary purposes: and across all ranges.
Finally, there is the kakugan. The kakugan is the appearance that Haruka's left eye would take either at will, when he was extremely enraged, hungry, or when his kagune was activated. His left eye's iris became red, obtained dark grey scelera, and red veins that ran throughout and around the eye. Now that he's absorbed Jayme, both of his eyes take this form and this is what identifies him as a two-eyed ghoul.
As a two-eyed ghoul, who has been trained in Shaolin Kung Fu and swordsmanship by Darius, an elite member of the N.H.O since childhood: Haruka's physical prowess is extraordinary. Haruka's physical capabilities are exceedingly superhuman and are ever-increasing as he continues to train and devour the flesh of more humans, ghouls, and their hybrids. He has spent four months constantly devouring the flesh of them and training rigoriously and relentlessly: causing tremendous growth and evolution of his abilities. This has made him immensely physically fit and physically superior to most members of the human and ghoul species: due to hybrid vigor. His physical strength, speed, durability, resilience, senses, and perception are his most noticeable traits. Overall, Haruka's physical condition is remarkable.
- Superhuman Strength: Haruka is at the very bare minimum at least several dozen times stronger than that of a fully grown human male who has achieved peak human conditioning. He can lift up gigantic objects that are dozens of times his own size, and chuck them at astronomical distances. Capable of lifting up to nine tons, and even more if he pushes himself beyond his limits and enhances his strength with his supernatural powers. The force that he exerts with his punches is similar to that of the weight in which he can lift, making even a single blow from Haruka capable of killing even the most seasoned combatants.
- Superhuman Speed: Haruka's physical speed is undoubtedly exceptional: being capable of outperforming most. It is a crucial part of his Royal Swordplay fighting style, which emphasizes speed in all aspects; i.g striking speed, reaction speed, and movement speed. He can move his hands at incredible speeds, being able to easily parry, redirect, or block his target's attack and then immediately wound them before they even notice that they've been hit. His reflexes and perception are top-notch, as he can react to even some of the fastest attacks at less than a second. Whether they be directly within his line-of-sight, or from his blindside. He is quick on his feet, being able to simultaneously "bob and weave" around his opponents in short-range combat while deflecting their attacks and delivering his own in rapid succession to eviscerate them. He can move fast enough to outpace those with special eyes, as well as leave behind afterimages simply by moving: causing him to appear as a blur in combat.
- Superhuman Agility: Haruka's physical agility is extraordinary: he can leap, climb, and vault over various obstacles of differing sizes and length while in frenzied motion. Effectively allowing him to scale up the side of buildings, leap from one to another, or quickly sprint across extremely thin and uneven platforms. He's also very flexibile, capable of forming his body into incredibly difficult and complex positions.
- Superhuman Durability: Haruka's physical durability is superb, as due to his ghoul heritage he is immune to standard weaponry. Only weapons created from a special type of material or are imbued with some type of supernatural energy are capable of even harming him. Even then, it'll take countless blows in order to actually inflict severe or critical damage on his sturdy body.
- Superhuman Stamina: Haruka's physical stamina is superb as well, he is capable of exerting himself to peak capacity for several days without succumbing to fatigue. This is primarily due to his regeneration which enables his body to automatically regenerate from any type of damage that it sustains within mere moments and remove fatigue toxins. Though even without it, he naturally has phenomenal stamina.
- Superhuman Regeneration: Haruka's ability to regenerate damaged flesh is nothing short of inhumanly remkarable. He is capable of regenerating any destroyed tissue, muscle, or bones within seconds or minutes depending on the severity of the wounds inflicted. He can regenerate destroyed organs or even missing limbs, recover from having his neck snapped, and even small portions of his brain. This accelerated regeneration grants him virtual immunity to poisons, venoms, toxins, chemicals, and drugs. This is the same for viruses, diseases, bacteria, allergens, and other pathogens: as his body will quickly filter it out. This can enable him to survive even running out of oxygen, as his lungs will continously regenerate and keep his bodily functions active. The only sureway to kill Haruka is by separating his head from his body, and even then, if they're reconnected within a certain time-frame he will return to life.
- Superhuman Senses: Haruka's strongest physical attribute is his superhuman sensory perception. All five of his basic human senses have been honed to their peak condition: making him unrivaled in this field. He is able to completely control every single aspect of his senses: capable of concentrating, weakening, or entirely disabling one of them for various tasks. Overall, his superhuman senses grants him a much greater level of awareness compared to most of Astrea.
- Sense of Sight: Haruka's sense of sight allows him to see with perfect clarity in even the harshest conditions. This includes a tempestuous shower, ominous fogs, and even nigh-total darkness. He can see much farther than most, being able to spot even the smallest of objects from afar.
- Sense of Hearing: Haruka's sense of hearing enables him to detect an acoustic pressure change of one decibel at a pressure level of seven decibels (whereas the lowest threshold for average human hearing is twenty decibels) He can hear a person's heartbeat at a distance of over fifty meters, or people whispering on the other side of a formidable soundproofed wall. Through practice, Haruka is able to control his hearing acuity, mentally blocking out specific sounds like his own breathing and heartbeat, all ambient sounds to a normal human level of perception, or all sounds but a particular sound he is concentrating upon.
- Sense of Smell: Haruka's sense of smell is so acute that he can distinguish between identical twins at fifty meters by minute differences in smell. He can detect odors of an atmospheric concentration of thirty parts per million. Furthermore, his ability to remember smells enables him to identify any person he has spent at least two minutes with by smell alone, no matter how he or she might try to camouflage his or her natural body odor. His powers of concentration are such that he can focus upon a single person's smell and follow it through a crowd of people at a distance of fifty meters.
- Sense of Taste: Haruka's sense of taste enables him to detect the number of grains of salt on a pretzel. His ability to remember tastes enables him to determine every ingredient of a food or drink he tastes, as long as there are at least twenty milligrams of that substance present.
- Sense of Touch: Haruka's sense of touch is so acute that his finger can feel the faint impressions of ink on a printed page, allowing him to read by touch, though laminated pages prevent him from touching and thus reading the ink impressions at a much faster pace than a normal person would be able to read. The rest of his skin is equally sensitive, enabling him, by concentration, to feel minute temperature and pressure changes in the atmosphere around him. Even with his senses of smell and hearing blocked, he can feel the presence of a person standing fifty meters away from him simply by his or her body heat and disturbance of air. A side effect of his sense of touch is Haruka's ability to manipulate his muscles and internal organs. The sense of touch is not just external, but internal too (central nervous system), thereby giving him the ability to have total body control, increasing all of his physical parameters and also giving him the ability to numb himself to pain (or increase it).
Haruka is a shinobi, and as a direct descendant of the Uchiha Clan he was born with powerful and large chakra reserves: that is further amplified by being a pseudo-Jinchuriki. His chakra is colored amber, like that of his eyes, and it flows counter-clockwise throughout his Chakra Pathway System. His chakra control is superb, which allows him to skillfully and precisely wield his chakra without wasting any of it: this can also be seen through use his use of Chakra Enhanced Strength. Chakra enables him to use multiple techniques with various purposes. As a direct descendant of the Uchiha, he has a natural affinity for Fire Release: making the creation and manipulation of fire his speciality. Uniquely, his flames are naturally blue and stronger than regular flames due to being Matatabi's pseudo-Jinchuriki. He removed his ability to use chakra alongside his Sharingan to avoid succumbing to the Curse of Hatred, but restored it later on as he needed the power that it gave him in order to become much more powerful.
As a direct descendant of the Uchiha Clan, Haruka is born with the potential to awaken the Sharingan: one of the Three Great Dojutsu. Due to experiencing an extremely negative emotional state when he witnessed the simulated death of a young child, his brain released a special type of chakra that affected his optic nerves and awakened his Sharingan for the first time: but quickly lost consciousness and forgot he had done so and was unable to use it afterwards. Later on, when he had fell on top of a pile of decomposing children bodies that were being harvested by a demonic Wytch. Haruka reawakened his Sharingan due to the complete and utter shock of witnessing the most traumatizing thing he had ever seen in his entire life. Since he remained conscious, and returned to his room shortly afterwards he noticed it and realized that he possessed the same eye as his mother: the eye that reflects the heart.
Once Haruka completed his training at Storm Island, he had fully evolved and mastered his Sharingan and obtained all three of it's tomoe in each eye. With his mastery, the Sharingan granted Haruka two distinct abilities known as the "Eye of Insight" and "Eye of Hypnotism" that functioned in each of his eyes. With the Eye of Insight he could see chakra and it's varying colors, see it through some obstructions, and detect irregularities in one's chakra flow. He was granted an incredible level of clarity and perception that enabled him to read lips, mimic the smallest movements, and even anticipate the opponent's next attack based on the slightest muscle tension. This allowed for exceptional predictive ability, making it much easier to evade, block, or counter an incoming attack. Haruka was also able to copy any fighting style or technique that he saw with nigh-perfect accuracy as long as he met all the requirements for it. This expanded beyond what shinobi were capable of doing, and applied to any and all occupations in the world of Shinsekai.
With the Eye of Hypnotism he could use what is known as Genjutsu: Sharingan. With it, via even the most minute eye contact, he could suggest certain thoughts or actions to his target forcing them to divulge information or act in a certain way without them realizing it. Effectively acting as some type of pseudo-mind control with varying levels of influence. If used to it's fullest, it could be used to put the target to sleep or take complete control of them causing their eyes to reflect the user's: specifically on large and very powerful beasts. By fully utilizing and combining the Eye of Insight and Eye of Hypnotism, Haruka was able to perfectly mimic his opponent's every movement and even initiate it before they could by confusing and delaying their own movement through subconscious control over their brain. It was because of these incredibly powerful and useful abilities that it was once believed that fighting a master of the Sharingan one-on-one was suicide in the days of the shinobi. But Haruka lost his Sharingan after having his genes suppressed, because he didn't want to fall to the Uchiha Clan's Curse of Hatred. However, no longer caring and desiring more power, he has reawakened his suppressed genes and has restored his Sharingan and all of it's abilities.
Mangekyo SharinganThe Mangekyo Sharingan is an advanced stage of the original Sharingan, making it much more powerful than it's predeccessor. Haruka awakened the Mangekyo after restoring his ability to use the Sharingan, and visiting the corpse of his deceased brother Jayme and Darius. The Mangekyo differs from the original in it's appearance, as the design is different from that the standard tomoe seal: though it's design differs depending on the user. It also differs in it's abilities, as it grants the user three new and extremely powerful ones alongside the original ones. The three abilities that Haruka's Mangekyo grant him are known as Sarutahiko and Susanoo: which can only be awakened upon unlocking the power of both eyes.
Sarutahiko is the power lying dormant in both of Haruka's Mangekyo, though it comes in two different variations. The power of Sarutahiko activates in both eyes immediately upon activation and allows Haruka to see invisible "roads" within the fabric of the space-time conintiuum. With his right eye, Haruka can transport himself and/or anything he is contact with through the roads to nigh-instantaneously reappear at the end of the road. Whilst with his left eye, Haruka can forcibly transport anything within his line-of-sight through the roads and out the end of it nigh-instantaneously: enabling him and his allies to swiftly traverse across battlefields easily. The distance in which he can traverse is limited though, as each road is relatively short and will only take the user and/or their transported targets a kilometer or two in any given direction. When the ability is activated, either Haruka or his intended targets will seemingly be sucked away into an invisible portal and vanish from sight entirely: only to reappear later seemingly out of thin air. Overall, Sarutahiko is incredibly powerful and versatile and can be used to completely avoid and redirect enemy attacks, or enemies themselves as well as allies.
Finally, there is the pinnacle of the Mangekyo and it's ulimate ability: the Susanoo, he with the ability to help by all means and the tempestuous God of Valor. The Susanoo is a gigantic humanoid made entirely of the user's chakra and fights on their behalf. Haruka's Susanoo is amber in color, due to that being the color of his chakra, and he has fully mastered it's capabilities. When the Susanoo is activated, it will form around Haruka and will act and attack on his behalf as an extension of his will. Haruka is anchored to his Susanoo, and it is anchored to him, and it's less developed forms it will follow him around while in it's more developed forms he will follow it around as he manipulates it's movements. This allows it to easily protect Haruka from many types of attacks, and will protect Haruka even more the more it develops. If the Susanoo is damaged, it cannot regenerate, unless Haruka forces it to evolve into it's next stage or disperses it and forms it anew.
While using Susanoo, Haruka can still execute his own techniques and other abilities and they will harmlessly pass through the Susanoo without any complications whatsoever: allowing both Haruka and the Susanoo to attack simutaneously. Haruka can even allow allies to pass through the Susanoo, and can leave the Susanoo any time he desires. These basic capabilities, combined with it's increasing defensive abilities as it develops makes Susanoo one of the "Absolute Defenses" of the shinobi world. It's because of these abilities that the Mangekyo Sharingan was known as the "heavenly eyes that see the truth of all creation without obstruction".However, using these abilities drains a considerable amount of chakra and will eventually leave Haruka blind due to their use: with the latter causing pain throughout every cell in Haruka's whole body. Nonetheless, due to Haruka transplanting Jayme's Mangekyo into his own, he circumvented this and obtained the so-called Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. Upon obtaining this, Haruka's Mangekyo abilities became even stronger and he is now capable of using his abilities without any negative side-effects. The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan is proof that an Uchiha continues to seek something despite experiencing great losses, and it is this desire that has awakened this "godly" power. The EMS also acts as the gateway to achieving the Complete Body - Susanoo: the ultimate ability of the Mangekyo Sharingan the pinnacle of it's evolution.
The Complete Body - Susanoo is the most powerful form of the Susanoo, rivaling the legendary tailed beasts in terms of power, granting the user the ability to flight, and allowing them to use Majestic Attire: Susanoo which is the ability wrap the Susanoo around nearly any object in order to enhance both itself and what it is enveloping.Most interestingly, Haruka is capable of manifesting his late little brother Jayme's Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan as apart of his kakuja and his unique abilities too: due to merging with him, and transplanting his Mangekyo into Jayme's eyes. This allows Haruka to not only use his own, but Jayme's Mangekyo in addition to his with perfect synergy. Jayme's Mangekyo abilities were known as Musubi and Chien, and of course the third one was Susanoo. Musubi manifested in his right eye, and enabled Jayme to instantly create form out of nothingness by looking at something. Whilst Chien manifested in his left eye, and enabled Jayme to instantly manipulate said form by looking at it. Together, he could create and manipulate anything that he imagined as long as it had some basis that acted as the "nothingness" and by awakening these abilities he could use Susanoo. Overall, the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan is one of the most powerful abilities in the world.
As a shinobi, Haruka utilizes techniques known as "Jutsu" that range from ninjutsu: ninja techniques, taijutsu: body techniques, and genjutsu: illusionary techniques. As a descendant of the Uchiha, he naturally possesses great aptitude for jutsu in general and his Sharingan enables him to copy and mimic most jutsu that he comes across. Due to his prodigious heritage, Haruka has learned and mastered dozens of techniques: including general skills.
- Chakra Enhanced Strength - This is a technique where Haruka focuses his chakra into his hands and feet using precise chakra control and releases it with pinpoint timing. Subsequently, the power of this technique is incredible, giving Haruka enough strength to easily make gigantic craters or kill opponents with a single strike.
- Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique - A technique where chakra kneaded inside the body is converted into blue fire and expelled from the mouth either as a massive orb of roaring flame or as a continuous flame-thrower. The scope of the attack is altered by controlling the volume of chakra that is mustered. The released flames will engulf their target, and leave a crater in the ground's surface.
- Fire Release: Great Fire Destruction - A technique where chakra is kneaded inside the body and is converted into blue fire, and then expelled from the mouth in a massive stream of intense flames that can set a vast area ablaze, engulfing the target in a veritable sea of flames.
- Fire Release: Great Fire Annihilation - The pinnacle of Uchiha Fire Release techniques, chakra kneaded inside the body is converted into blue fire, and then expelled from the mouth and shaped into a massive fireball, which covers a gargantuan range: reducing all in it's path to cinders. This makes the technique extremely difficult to either avoid or contain.
- Uchiha Flame Formation - After manifesting small blue chakra flames on each finger of one hand, Haruka slams his palm on the ground, resulting in the creation of a cylindrical barrier enveloping a location of their choosing, protecting anything contained within and burning whatever comes into contact with the barrier's exterior.
- Uchiha Return - By utilising the Gunbai Uchiwa to block an incoming attack, Haruka nullifies the effects of the attack by converting the incoming chakra into Wind Release chakra, which is then reflected back at the attacker. As this reflection of an attack occurs both suddenly and unexpectedly, the reflected attack can prove difficult for opponents to evade. When folllowed up with a Fire Release technique a deadly maelstorm of destruction is created.
- Fire Release Chakra Mode - Haruka wraps his body in a layer of blue Fire Release chakra which generates a barrier of tremendous heat around himself. It is capable of reducing nearby human bodies to literal ash in seconds due the intensity of the flames. It even makes it difficult for others to breathe nearby due to it feeding on all of the oxygen in the vicinity. It's most unique ability however is that it grants Haruka the ability to fly due to using the flames like a rocket booster to soar at incredible speeds.
- Samurai Sabre Technique - Originally unique to samurai, this technique employs the concept of chakra flow in a similar manner to the Flying Swallow technique. Through the use of chakra flow, Haruka channels his chakra through his swords, extending both the reach and cutting ability of the blades, while allowing him to fire crescents of chakra whenever they are swung. This released chakra is capable of great destruction, as they can slice through steel like butter and continue mowing down anything in their way. Haruka can also apply shape transformation during the implementation of this technique, sculpting his respective chakra blades into various rudimentary weapons that extend beyond the natural dimensions of their original swords; such as broadswords, seven-bladed swords, and even axes. This diverse quality also appears to extend to even the crescents of chakra launched from the blade, forming a diverse range of projectiles that includes giant circular saws and shafts of chakra, the shape of which are seemingly dependent on the structure of the previously formed weapon. When combined with the Flying Swallow technique, the power of this technique is increased significantly.
- Flying Swallow - An addition-line ninjutsu that augments the killing power of a blade by flowing chakra into it to extend its cutting edge past the length of the physical blade-itself. Haruka can extend it's length up to five meters beyond his signature blade, the Akaimazo, itself. The materialized chakra is shaped like a blade, cutting up everything it touches. It is also possible to alter the attack range of the weapon by adjusting the amount of chakra put into the blade in an instant: making it difficult to see through it's movements. The density of the chakra is so high it becomes visible. It not only raises the power of the weapon, but simultaneously turns oneself into a blade as well. The chakra-enhanced blades are strong and sharp enough to cut through most materials. The technique works best with elemental chakra, especially with Wind Release chakra which greatly increases the offensive cutting and piercing power.
Magic & MagecraftEdit
As a Magician, Mage, and Magus Haruka specializes in the usage of Magic: the ability to reproduce the world's natural occurences; and physical embodiment of the spiritual connection between the user and the world. As well as Magecraft: the ability to artificially reproduce the world's mysteries, and bring forth miracles that can be produced by science. He is a Socerer-class Purple Magician, this means that he has a large quantity of Mana inside of his body and wields Life Magic. As a Magician, he can use magic without the use of any type of special magical tool. As he is strongly connected to the world's Great White Flow of Mana, and can be considered a living communicator. Due to being a Magician, who uses a specific type of magic, they are vulnerable to a certain condition. If "Destiny" and one's "Fate" are abhorred and denied, then the degeneration of evolution is born, and everything becomes negative. This gives birth to what is known as "Falling into Depraivity". One's whose eyes have become as black as coal has become one of the Fallen. Haruka has completely Fallen into Depravity which enables him to draw on unlimited amounts of Mana from the world around him like that of the most powerful Magicians: Magi. However, he can only draw on as much as his body can handle.
Mana is found in all living biological organisms and can be considered pure power. It is the life force of a Magician, and if too much of it is used it can lead to severe fatigue, coma inducement, or even death. Like any other natural energy, it will replenish itself over time after being used up. It can be concentrated and fired in it's purest form, though it is at it's weakest when in this state. Learning how to control it's quanity is what is known as "Mana Manipulation". Haruka is masterful in this field, and is able to use it to accurately control the Mana within his own body. He can use it in various methods; i.g ranging from counteracting other's Mana, flowing it into an object to enhance it's capabilities, combining it with another source for even more power, or even medicinal purposes. Since he is Fallen, he is capable of drawing on an unlimited amount of Mana from the world that exists outside of his body and within his surroundings to cast magic in a completely different league than those who cannot.
Secondly, he is an Independent S-Class Mage who primarily wields Maguility Sense, who uses Mana which gauges a Mage's Magic Power. For a Mage, Mana gathers and rests within what is known as the Magic Container, which is a limiter for their power. Once all of it is used up, the Mage can no longer use magic until it is restored by the Mana in the atmosphere that will converge on their body and refill the container. Within the body, lays a second container known as the Second Origin. Once released, the Mage will receive a significant boost in power, be able to cast more powerful spells, and obtain increased magical stamina.
Finally, he is a Spellcaster Magus, who possesses Magic Circuits: a pseudo-nervous system that seemingly runs throughout the human body that actually resides within the soul that enables them to use Magecraft. Magic Circuits are what qualifies one to be a Magus and connects the material world to the spiritual plane. It's comprised of core components that are layered all throughout the body that ultimately connect to the brain: which if destroyed causes them to cease function entirely. The Quantity and Quality of Haruka's Magic Circuits are superb due to him belonging to the Linus Family. A well-known and powerful family of Magus that has existed since the conception of Shinsekai. The mental "trigger" that Haruka utilizes to activate his Magic Circuits is that of his body and soul being destroyed by Matatabi's blue "scorching hellfire". Haruka possesses fifty Magic Circuits that each process approximately twenty units of Mana: making his maximum output 1000 units of Mana. Due to the body possessing less Mana than the world itself does, Magus spells are commonly initiated with one's inner Mana, and then maintained with outer Mana of the world. Though Magecraft that only uses small-scale spells are usually done entirely with Mana such as Haruka's signature magecraft: Material Transmutation. His natural magical skill is known as High-Speed Incantation which enables him to cast Chants & Incantations at a significantly faster speed than normal. Chants & Incantations, also known as Aria, are necessary for the use of Magecraft by using self-hypnosis to allow one to use their Magic Circuits and perform Magecraft. Finally, Haruka's Origin and Elemental Affinity are "Stubbornness", which he acualizes and uses as his Mystic Code with his Akaimazo.
Overall, although utilized differently, Haruka is ultimately still using the same magical energy, known as Mana, for all of his magical occupations. Therefore, if he uses a Mana booster exclusive to one occupation, it will still boost the abilities of the rest of them: as they all use the same exact energy. Due to merging with Jayme, his little brother, Haruka's Mana reserves have effectively doubled: granting him the ability to use even more powerful spells and for a longer duration.
Mystic Eyes of DiscordanceEdit
Mystic Eyes are special powers that manifest within one's eyes due to a mutation in the Magic Circuits around them. They grant the power to interfere with the world, and are the traits of one's body. Haruka's are called the Mystic Eyes of Discordance. The Mystic Eyes of Discordance cause instantaneous mental instability in the minds of anyone within Haruka's line-of-sight. The target is immediately overtaken by feelings of inadequacy, contradiction, and worthlessness. They're forced to reflect on all of the negativity in their life and feelings of potential suicide are instilled within their minds. It's effect is at it's strongest when the opponent is completely unaware of the existence of the ability. Once they're aware, they can resist the ability but not entirely as the effect will still be there. For if they ley their guard down, the effect will be magnified.
- Borg (Citadel) - Is the proof of a Magician. It is a defensive ability that creates a magical barrier around the user that defends against a large array of attacks in general: specifically those with evil intentions. It takes the shape of a magical sphere, but it's shape can be distorted to channel more of it's strength into a specific location to better defend against an attack. Initially, Haruka rarely used his due to his preference for short-range combat. However, though he still relinqushes in short-range combat. He decided to fully train and master his usage of his Borg to utilize it to it's grandest potential. As a result, his Borg is quite formidable and is capable of defending from nearly any attack that is used against it. However, as with basically any defense, it can be shattered with sufficient opposition.
As a Purple Magician, Haruka's ability to wield Magic is at it's best when creating and controlling forms of "life". He can utilize life force for offensive, defensive, and supplementary purposes. He can directly generate the magic from his magical wand, which in actuality is a dagger. He can create life forms such as fungi, bacteria, and plant life. Whilst manipulate preexisting life forms; such as plants, animals, and other humanoids. He can directly manipulate someone's Manai: enabling him to control someone's mind, memories, and all of their senses. Though he rarely uses this magic for creating and controlling plant life, as he prefers to use it's two sub-types: Healing and Curse Magic.
- Alaistijrar Nabb-at (Plant Ensnarement) - Is a low-level spell that creates viscious vines that will lash out and ensnare the target.
- Alththur Alshuk (Bull Thorns) - Is a mid-level spell that creates multiple tree branches with the head of a bull at the end of them that will seek out and sink their teeth into targets. They will damage, immobilize, and sicken foes.
- Nash-at Al-ashjar (Genesis of Trees) - Is a high-level spell that creates a large and bountiful forest out of thin air. Haruka has complete control over the forest and all of the specimens within it: who obey his will. The forest takes on a "spooky" and demented appearance that makes it look sick and twisted to onlookers. It contains poisonous plants, fungi, bacteria, and pollen that can be used to sicken or kill foes enraptured within the forest's confines.
Healing Magic allows Haruka to use regenerative energy to improve the condition of others whether it be physical or spiritual. It can be used to heal, mend, and regenerate the bodies of others for many purposes.
- Yoah Reg (Rest Aroma) - Is a low-level spell that induces the target in a temporary sleep in exchange for healing their body of any minor injuries and curing fatigue.
- Aslah Req (Repair Aroma) - Is a mid-level spell that heals the user and any targets of their choosing of any minor or moderate damage whilst curing fatigue.
- Iizalat Laena (Curse Removal) - Is a high-level spell that removes all of the effects of each of Haruka's curses on either himself or an intended target.
- Alththur Dumue (Bull Tears) - Is a high-level spell that creates a crying bull that unleashes a wail that causes raindrops made out of tears to fall gently across the area. Anyone who is touched by the tears will be completely revitalized and restored to a healthy state both physically and mentally.
Curse Magic allows Haruka to use malicious energy to worsen the condition of others whether it be physical or spiritual. It can be used to harm, break, and destroy the bodies of others for many purposes.
- Kustana Alhisan (Horse Chestnut) - Is a low-level spell that inflicts the target with nausea, muscle twitches, and ultimately temporary paralysis.
- Albaysh (Aconite) - Is a mid-level spell that inflicts the target with a burning sensation, disabled nerves, lowered blood pressure, and cardiac irregularity. It is a quick-acting curse that can even lead to death if left unchecked and not removed sometime after affliction. It can be applied to other mechanisms for enhanced lethality and versatility.
- Albadhinajan Alqatil (Deadly Nightshade) - Is a high-level spell that inflicts the target with dilated pupils, sensitivity to light, blurred vision, tachycardia, loss of balance, staggering, headache, rash, flushing, dry mouth and throat, slurred speech, urinary retention, constipation, confusion, hallucinations, delirium, and even convulsions. It has a high chance of fatality but it is not guaranteed, as it's effects gradually decline over time and everyone's resistance varies.
- Aljukriti (Jequirity) - Is a high-level spell that inflicts the target with excessive vomitting, convulsions, liver failure, and death after several days: if it isn't removed.
- Ailtihab Alllafafa (Necrotizing Fasciitis) - Is a high-level spell that inflicts target with an invisible curse that acts like a lethal flesh-eating bacteria. Once initiated, the target's flesh will begin to rapidly decay and rot on the spot. It is incredibly lethal, and will kill the target in moments if it isn't counteracted.
- Alththur Alkhawar (Bull Bellow) - Is a high-level spell that creates a decaying distorted bull that unleashes a bellow that causes all of the senses of everyone in the area to vanish causing them to "die" if they hear it. It is an incredibly powerful spell that can be used to end battles in an instant.
Due to being a Purple Magician, Haruka naturally has an aptitude towards using Lightning Magic. He can generate and manipulate electrcity in the form of lightning for various offensive, defensive, and supplementary purposes. He can even control and call down lightning from the sky for his own purpsoes as well (though this requires a significant amount of Magoi). It enables him to utilize and manipulate magnetism to control magnetic objects.
- Ramz (Electric Shock) - Is a low-level spell that generates a small bolt of lightning that can be fired at the opponent to shock and burn the opponent.
- Ramz Al-Salos (Downpour of Thunder Lances) - Is a mid-level spell that generates and unleashes a torrent of highly destructive lightning bolts upon the target to both severely shock and burn them.
- Al-Quas (Black Magnet Spear) - Is a mid-level spell that allows Haruka to generate and manipulate magnetic forces for various purposes.
- Alrraed Thur (Thunder Bull) - Is a high-level spell that generates electricity within and around Haruka's body to supercharge his physical capabilities to a completely brand new level. Haruka's nervous system is stimulated and his neural synapses fire faster, enabling him to perceive and react to things that he would be incapable of beforehand. The electricity stimulates nerve and muscular tissue as well removing all limiters on the body's muscles to allow them to be utilized to their fullest potential. Uniquely, it also causes Haruka's body to emit powerful magnetic forces that repels his body away from the ground. Allowing him to achieve even greater levels of speed. Overall, Haruka's physical strength, speed, reflexes, perception, and durability skyrocket whilst using this spell.
Water Magic allows a Magician to create and manipulate the element of water for various offensive, defensive, and supplementary purposes. Water can even be gathered by moisture in the air and it can be shaped into various shapes such as spears, shields, or even animals. It can be utilized as streams, waves, or even large spheres of water. Water Magic is effective at combating Light Magic.
- Sharrar Merra (Acid Rain) - Is a mid-level spell that causes clouds to accumlate and rain acid rain across an area to melt anything it comes into contact with extremely quickly.
Clairvoyance Magic enables Magicians to tell the past, present, and future. It allows for communication across any distance, viewing events in different locations, and the ability to show one's memories. If utilized to show one's memories, it will only show the truest of memories. The common magic tool known as the "Eye of the Rukh" is imbued with this useful magic.
Composite Magic is a type of magic produced by combining multiple different types of magic together at once. Aberrant Magic is a form of Composite Magic that is used to replicate natural or even impossible calamities. It is purely destructive, and is used to rip the world apart. Haruka uses Aberrant Magic with great finesse, but only employs it when it is necessary.
- Nihayat Al-ayam (End of Days) - Is a high-level spell and ultimately Haruka's most powerful magic of all. Once initiated, the sky darkens and thunderclouds form that emit devastating black bolts of lightning within the sky above. It begins to shower acid rain, that will harm everyone in the area except for Haruka. The shower will quickly give birth to an acidic flood, and the lightning will eventually strike straight down and ravage the entire area leaving behind only pure destruction. Afterwards, from the ashes mutated, metallic, and electrifed plantlife will form that will adhere to Haruka's will and carry out his demands. Interestingly, the plantlife have the ability to produce lethal toxins and poisons that will invade the body of those Haruka views as an enemy and destroy their bodies gradually on a cellular level.
Is a Caster-Type Lost Magic that has the ability to control the senses and feelings of others as well as link them together for various purposes. For example, if one of linked feels pain then the others will as well. It can even link death together, causing them all to die if even one of them does. It enables the user to create physical manifestations of their willpower in the form of ethereal constructs. These constructs can be shaped into weapons that will attack the sense of pain of the target directly, effectively bypassing magical, spiritual, and other supernatural armanents and defenses.
- Sensory Link - Is a high-level spell that links the senses of the user and their intended targets. Whatever one of them experience, all of them experience. This includes sensory reactions, thoughts, emotional feelings, and even death. It can be utilized beneficially, to allow the user and those linked with them to connect and share each other's power.
- Maguility Sodom - Is a high-level spell that enables the user to create any type of construct that they can imagine out of thin air. It can be used to create swords, shields, bows & arrows, lances, etcetera. They're fueled by the user's ushakable willpower, and have the ability to bypass supernatural defenses to inflict pain on the target directly. Haruka commonly generates a powerful coating on top of his preexisting weapons to grant them the ability to directly harm his enemies.
Material Transmutation is a branch of Magecraft that involves manipulating the properties of materials. Reinfrocement, Alteration, and Projection all fall under this classification. This is Haruka's speciality, a trait he inherited from his mother.
Reinforcement is a difficult Magecraft with the basis of pushing an attribute to it's utmost limit. It revolves around pouring Mana into something in order to enhance it's existence seemingly without a definied limit. In order to be done, the user must have an incredible comprehension of the inner workings of what they wish to reinforce and fill with Mana: if they seek success. It can be used to transform a simple branch into a formidable spear, mend shattered materials, or even alter their shape entirely. Haruka is capable of using this on his own body as well, enabling him to severely enhance his physical attributes to phenomenal levels in the blink of an eye to gain the upperhand in the midst of combat. It is activated by the Incantation "Synchronize, analyze, and reinforce".
Alteration is an intermediary step between Reinforcement and Projection, it gives materials a property that they didn't initially have. Haruka can completely alter their properties and grant them effects that they never had before, making them completely unrecognizable. For instance, he can transform a wooden branch into a metal rod, a piece of glass into diamond, or simply use it to empower preexisting weapons. It is activated by the Incantation "Synchronize, analyze, and alter", if used after Reinforcement has already been performed on a object all Haruka must say is "Alter".
Projection is a Magecraft that that materializes materials out of thin air with the user's imagination. It works by shaping Mana into a material composition and design by imagining it. The greater the image of the imagined construct, the better the result will be and the longer it will last as well as the potential to be enhanced by the user as long as they have an innate understanding of it's mechanics. Materials created out with Projection are weaker than preexisting materials that are reinforced. However, Projected items can be reinforced as well though this will require a greater amount of Mana. It is activated by the Incantation "Visualize, project, and actualize".
Haruka was born in Hades, and because of that he was granted the ability known as "Gravesend" since birth. It is the ability to see and communicate with the souls of the deceased. It also enables him to reanimate dead bodies and control them.
As the eldest Prince of Hades, Haruka has learned and developed a large array of useful skills that will benefit him throughout his entire life. He has been trained since the age of three in martial arts and swordplay so that he could become a capable combatant: that way he can embark on dangerous adventures.
Martial arts is a system of combat practices that are commonly learned to physically and mentally hone one's body and mind. Haruka has only learned and mastered three known as Southern Dragon Kung Fu, Northern Shaolin, and Xing Yi Quan: all of which are originally Chinese fighting styles. Darius taught Haruka the first one whilst he was still alive, and Haruka learned the latter two on his own.
Southern Dragon Kung Fu Edit
Southern Dragon Kung Fu is a style of kung fu that's movements are based around that of actual dragons to be employed in hand-to-hand combat. The style's primary philosophy is to internally control and regulate one's internal energy. Haruka was taught several stances and positions that would allow him to build up and transmit his energy over time so that he could eventually perform them in rapid succession without stop and obtain a type of flow-like movement akin that of a dragon itself.
Once Haruka mastered the basics, he was taught to inhale in order to lighten his body for aerial maneuvers and to build up power. Then he was taught to exhale as he unleashed his technique in order to expel the power into a concentrated blow. Self-defense focused on simply parrying or avoiding the enemy's attack altogether via quickness of movement and acrobatic ability. Evasion was considered the dragon's key defense and was valued over blocking.
Each series of movements are meant to continously flow together in order to overwhelm the opponent. Haruka was taught to focus on the openings that his opponents expose during combat and exploit them to the best of his abilities. The hand movements focused on forming the hand into a claw in order to grapple or tear apart the joints of the enemy in order to either cripple or kill them. The main focus of the style is to strike the opponent and deal as much damage as physically possible, whilst using the rotation and aerial acrobatics of the body to evade the attacks of the opposition. Overall, Haruka's physical condition was primed due to this style and he has mastered it's usage since childhood. It is also his primary fighting style that he employs alongside Iaido with his Akaimazo in order to overwhelm his opponents in battle.
Northern Shaolin is a style of kung fu that emphasizes long range techniques, quick advances and retreats, wide stances, kicking and leaping techniques, whirling circular blocks, quickness, agility, and aggressive attacks.
The system teaches empty-hand techniques and weaponry through predetermined combinations, known as forms, routines, or movement of sets. Haruka learned this style extraordinarily fast by relying on the Sharingan enabling him to easily mimic and remember everything he witnessed. Basically, it is similar to the Southern Dragon and increases Haruka's fighting ability.
Xing Yi QuanEdit
Xing Yi Quan is a style of kung fu that emphasizes aggressive shocking attacks, direct footwork, and linear movements to build up power. The goal of this fighting syle is to reach the opponent quickly and drive power through them in a single burst. This is achieved by coordinating one's body as a single unit, and the intense focusing of one's power by utilizing tight circles done in a linear fashion: resulting in explosive power.
Haruka's Sharingan enabled him to learn and master this style with ease and it's direct fighting philosophy advocates simultaneous attack and defense. In conclusion, Haruka primarily uses Southern Dragon and Northern Shaolin but he will resort to using the defensive techniques of this style if necessary when he's hard-pressed.
Swordmanship is system of combat practices that revolve around the usage of a sword, and refer to the general skills of a swordsman. Haruka was taught the signature Royal Swordplay style that was utilized by previous Counts and their families in Hades: which he employed with a specially built dagger that allowed him to use Magic, that was latter replaced with his Origin swords. Next, he was taught the originally German style "fighting with the long sword" and "fighting with the short sword" which he employed with his kagune. Then, he was taught the dual wielding sword style with a set of dao blades, skills he later utilized when wielding Kanshou and Bakuya. Later, he was taught Iaido in order to wield his quinque katana to it's fullest extent.
The first style, Royal Swordplay, taught one to wield a single dagger in their dominant arm and hold their other arm behind their back. They would then charge at the enemy and focus on using quick, precise, and swift movements to avoid their enemies' attacks whilst slashing at them when they left themselves open to counterattack. If used in the hands of a master, the style can become quite deadly and formidable. Allowing the wielder to bounce around the battlefield with "delicate grace" and strike with pinpoint accuracy.
The second and third styles, which are German in origin, taught one how to fight effectively with a long sword and short sword in combat. They were derived from the German school of fencing, which was a system of combat that revolved around longswords, mounted combat, unaramed grappling, polearms, daggers, messers with or without bucklers, and staves. Haruka used these teachings to master his fighting style that he used with his kagune that he shaped into either a sword, shield, or both. It taught him a variety of different techniques and stances to use in combat, and helped hone his style.
The fourth style, which is Chinese in origin, doesn't have an actual name, focused on dual wielding two set of dao blades in combat. This style revolved around using the two blades to support one another and to overwhelm the enemy with a series of seemingly relentless attacks until their guard was broken. This was a perfect choice for Haruka, as it allowed him to better focus his anger into his fighting style and enable him to perfect it by fully delving into it's teachings.
The fifth and final style, which is Japanese in origin, is Iaido. Iaido is a specific style of kenjutsu that is concerned with the smooth, controlled movements of drawing the sword from its scabbard, striking or cutting an opponent, removing blood from the blade, and then replacing the sword in the scabbard. The linear motion and force applied to draw the sword from the scabbard results in slashes that are faster and stronger than ones executed with the sword already drawn. However, Haruka doesn't bother to remove the blood from his katana: Akaimazo
The speed at which these techniques can be executed, the initial strike in particular, is such, that when performed by a master of this style such as Haruka, it can prevent enemies from moving their hands: thus hindering the abilities of those whose abilities revolve around hand movements. This is Haruka's primary sword style, and he uses it alongside Southern Dragon Kung Fu to defeat his opponents.
In conclusion, Haruka is a masterful swordsman who has mastered several styles and uses them in tandem with his usual martial arts to achieve greater lethality in battle.
Due to his natural talent and familal heritage, Haruka was born as an exceptional intuitive learner when it comes to physical combat. He is able of quickly understanding and mimicing body-related movements in order to learn new fighting styles and techniques at a much quicker pace than usual. He is capable of perfectly replicating movements only after seeing it once and having time to briefly examine it: making him well-suited for combat. This natural trait has helped him quickly learn and master the martial arts and swordmanship that Darius has taught him since an extremely young age.
- Akaimazo (Origin Swords 2.0) - The Akaimazo is the second version and replacement of Haruka's signature Origin Swords. Akaimazo literally means "Red Masochist" and it is a digital quinque that is concealed within Haruka's digital glove when not in use. It is a 6'6" long katana that was forged from two of Haruka's kakuhous. The Akaimazo is also Haruka's Mystic Code that acts as a amplifier for his Magecraft, Magic, and actualizes his Origin: "Stubborness". It is completely unbreakable due to being made from his Origin, making it quite valuable in combat.
- Gunbai Uchiwa - The gunbai is a non-folding fan carved from a unique spirit tree from which only ritualistic instruments were made. This gunbai has been passed down between Uchiha clansmen for generations upon generations. It is a wide fan with a tomoe on it and a long handle with bandages wrapped around it's base, as well as having a chain attached to it. The border and tomoe are red, and the chain is wrapped around his left arm when he uses it in battle. The gunbai has the ability to revert incoming chakra into Wind Release chakra and reflecting the attacker's technique back at them: making it perfect for enhancing Haruka's Fire Release techniques. It also has the ability to generate powerful gusts of wind that can easily blow dozens of men away with a single fan. He commonly uses it like a flail to guide the gunbai into his attacker's path to block and deflect their attacks due to the fan's extraordinary durability. He employs it in combat alongside his Akaimazo, using it primarily for offense, while using the gunbai primarily for defense. Haruka keeps it sealed in a sealed in a red bracelet on his left arm.
- Digital Glove (Thermal Type) - The thermal digital glove is a type of digial case that was created by the N.H.O specifically for Haruka. It is used to augment his fiery powers when used through his right hand, making them more powerful. However, it's primary use is to store his signature blade the Akaimazo inside of it when not in use.
- Kanshou and Bakuya - Kanshou and Bakuya are a Noble Phantasm. Noble Phantasms are crystallized mysteries manifested by the imagination of humans that act as supernatural armanents that can be utilized in battle. Kanshou and Bakuya are twin "married" swords that represent Yin and Yang. They are Haruka's secondary weapons out of his entire arsenal and his personal favorite. They are ancient broadswords crafted by a legendary blacksmith named Gan Jiang Kanshou in ancient China. Kanshou crafted them after his wife Mo Ye Bakuya threw herself into the furnance that he utilized to craft his swords, and they were born from her sacrifice. They're powerful and enchanted swords due to being made out of the best materials and a human sacrifice, which is necessary to reach the realm of Gods. They're lower ranking in comparison to other Noble Phantasms, but due to their synergy, experience, and ability to magically return to their owner in the fashion of a boomerang makes them reliable. They're well-suited for Projection, and newly projected swords will identify another as their opposite automatically and connect with each other. When both are wielded, Haruka's resistance towards physical and magical attacks increases considerably. When Reinforcement is used on them they will evolve into Kanshou and Bakuya Overedge, longsword variants of the original swords that are much more powerful and obtain a strong affinity against monsters: allowing them to be cut down much easier due to their power.
- Clarent Blood Arthur: Rebellion Against My Beautiful Father - Is the demonic version and full power of Clarent released by Morded. It is an evil sword of hatred that was born out of Mordred's hatred for her father and infused with her Magical Energy. By recalling the resentment Haruka once felt for his own father, who was also a ruler of a kingdom and country, whilst he was the prince, he was capable of returning the Clarent to this state by fulfilling the conditions that Mordred had met when she tainted the sword. Even though Haruka no longer despises his father, he is still capable of utilizing this twisted and demonic version of the sword due to the hatred that he still possesses but is now aimed at Destiny and the rest of his enemies. Haruka's hatred fuels this sword, and enables Haruka to unleash it's true "curse-like glory" as a "demonic sword of calamity" and fire a crimson stream of blood red lightning in a radiant red light that eviscerates all within it's path. It is perfect for annihilating entire armies and leaving behind nothing in it's wake. However, using it drains a considerable amount of Magical Energy and causes intense pain to radiate throughout Haruka's whole body.
- Rho Aias - Rho Aias is a Noble Phantasm like Kanshou and Bakuya. Rho Aias is a legendary shield that is said to be made of pure light with it's true form being seven flower petals. Each flower containing the power of a rampart and entire fortress wall. It's a Bounded Field, a type of topographic Magecraft that knits a network of Magical Energy and spreads it across a surface area to separate the inside of it from the outside and impose a specific condition. It requires Magical Energy to sustain it's form, and if it is damaged Haruka will receive damage as well.
- Haruka "Hayate" Linus' first name means "distant and remote", his middle name means "sudden, sound of the wind", and his surname represents a type of plant, and was a famous mythological musician and poet who identified with the harvesting and withering of vegetation.
- Haruka's initial appearance is based on the character Hiead Gner from the series The Candidate for Goddess.
- Haruka's second appearance is based on the character Debito from La storia della Arcana Famiglia.
- Haruka's current appearance is based on the character K Dash from The King of Fighters.
- The name of Haruka's Mangekyo ability, "Sarutahiko" is based on Sarutahiko Ohkami, a Japanese God of crossroads, pathways, and overcoming obstacles.
- The name of Jayme's Mangekyo ability, "Musubi" is based on Takami-Musubi, a Japanese primordial sky god and creator of all living things. Whilst his second, "Chien" is based on another Japanese god who was related to a specific geographical area.