Claire is a lively and enthusiastic person who takes pride in trying her best at everything she does, especially fighting. Claire greatly enjoys fighting others, and is constantly training to improve her abilities and become strong enough to have a good fight with any other combatant she comes across. While generally a nice person, Claire acts a bit more cocky and impudent during a fight, due to many of the people around her, such as her father, acting similarly while fighting others, leading her to believe it is simply the way people should conduct themselves while fighting each other. Although these traits are mostly an act on Claire's part, she is still very confident in her own abilities, possessing the willpower to face any opponent without giving up hope for a victory.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Combo Star Edit
Claire’s Knight ability is known as Combo Star, which is a strength enhancing ability. As long as Claire continues attacking her opponent without interruption, each consecutive blow receives more additional force compared to the previous one.
Claire possesses the Byakugan, which she inherited from her mother. The Byakugan grants Claire penetrative vision in a near-360° around herself. A small blind-spot exists behind her third upper thoracic vertebrae, a weakness she was well aware of and trained extensively to overcome, to no avail. She eventually compensated for her inability to see from that angle by learning Kenbunshoku Haki, which allows her to sense the presence of others, giving her the ability to sense any attacks from that angle. The Byakugan also increases the range of her sight to 3 kilometers away when activated.
Gentle Fist Edit
From her mother, Claire learned the Gentle Fist fighting style, which inflicts internal damage through attacking the body's Chakra Pathway System, subsequently injuring organs which are closely intertwined with the area of the network which has been struck. To do this, the user surgically injects a certain amount of their own chakra into the opponent's chakra pathway system, causing damage to surrounding organs due to their proximity to the chakra circulatory system. Even the slightest tap can cause severe internal damage, hence the name "gentle" fist. By employing the use of the Byakugan they can target the tenketsu, thus enhancing the havoc and control a Gentle Fist practitioner can impose upon an opponent's chakra network. These 361 nodes are key gate-keeping interceptions in the chakra circulatory network, thus forcibly opening or sealing them in whatever manner the Gentle Fist user sees fit, is a powerful tactical option to have. The affected person's chakra flow can either be increased or disrupted completely, preventing them from using chakra-based techniques.
- Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm: Claire precisely pinpoints the enemy's vitals with her Byakugan, and releases a high speed palm thrust. A vacuum shell compressed using the Gentle Fist is formed to attack the opponent's vitals from a distance, striking them with tremendous force.
- Eight Trigrams Mountain Crusher: A more powerful version of the previous technique, Claire hits her target at close range with a powerful wave of chakra emitted from her palm, with even greater force than its parent technique, and covers a much larger area.
- Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms: Claire envisions an Eight Trigrams Circle, and hits the enemy in the circle with a series of violent blows. By striking sixty-four tenketsu throughout the opponent's Chakra Pathway System, their chakra flow is stopped, making them unable to even stand.
- Eight Trigrams One Hundred Twenty-Eight Palms: This is essentially a doubled version of the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms performed at twice the speed. This technique is used to close off the flow of chakra through one hundred and twenty-eight chakra points of an opponent's Chakra Pathway System. This eliminates their ability to use chakra for quite some time and makes it difficult for them to move. Alternatively, it can be used to hit a great number of targets very quickly.
- Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven: This technique utilises the chakra control gained through Gentle Fist training to release a huge amount of chakra from all the chakra points on Claire’s body. It is also a defensive manoeuvre to compensate for the Byakugan's blind spot as the released chakra blocks any possible attack on Claire. After releasing chakra from every tenketsu in her body, Claire then spins rapidly to parry the attack, both creating a rotating shield of chakra around herself and tossing away any nearby attackers. Claire can also actively control the size and power of the sphere to suit the situation. This technique is only effective when rotating, since the chakra itself is not enough to stop a physical attack thus if she cannot spin, Claire becomes vulnerable. The technique is also capable of reflecting an opponent's chakra against them.
- Gentle Fist Art: Body Blow: Claire releases chakra from every point in her tenketsu, hitting her opponent with a blast of chakra that will send them violently flying away from her.
- Gentle Step Twin Lion Fists: Claire releases chakra from both of her hands and changes its shape into large guardian lion-shaped shrouds, greatly increasing her range and destructive power. The lion heads drain the chakra network of those they touch.
- Palm Bottom: Claire throws a quick, precise palm strike to her opponent's body, sending her chakra into the area that is struck, with sufficient force to cause severe internal damage in one blow.
The Eight Gates are eight specific tenketsu on Claire’s Chakra Pathway System. They limit the overall flow of chakra within her body. The basis for the idea of the chakra gates comes from the body's limits on the functions within it. This makes the body much weaker, but it keeps the body from expiring too soon. Once opened, each gate grants Claire extreme boosts in both her physical ability and chakra levels, at the cost of damage and pain to her body. Claire is only able to use seven of the eight gates.
- The Gate of Opening, located in the brain, removes the restraints of the brain on the muscles so 100% of Claire’s strength can be used whereas normally, a person can only use 20% of their muscles' strength to keep them from disintegrating.
- The Gate of Healing, located in the brain, forcibly increases the Claire's physical strength and temporarily re-energises her body.
- The Gate of Life, located on the spinal cord, further increases Claire’s speed and power. The increased blood flow turns the skin red.
- The Gate of Pain, located on the spinal cord, increases Claire's speed and power. May cause muscle tissue to tear on use.
- The Gate of Limit, located in the abdomen, further increases Claire's speed and power.
- The Gate of View, located in the stomach, increases Claire's speed and power. The opening of this gate releases such enormous amounts of energy that it can cause nearby water bodies to form a vortex around the user. Once opened, Claire can perform the Morning Peacock.
- The Gate of Wonder, located below the stomach, further increases the Claire's speed and power. Only after this gate is activated can she perform the Daytime Tiger. Those who open this gate will secrete glowing green sweat from every inch of their body which immediately evaporates from their own heat energy, creating an aura which people mistake as a chakra coating. Unfortunately, the side effects of opening the gate are that Claire's muscle fibres are ripped to shreds, causing intense pain if anything or anyone touches them.
Strong Fist Edit
Strong Fist is a fighting style that's purpose is to cause external damage and break bones. It is the exact opposite of Claire’s Gentle Fist style, which one of the primary reasons she learned it, as she wished to have an alternative method of combat to handle whatever the Gentle Fist may be ineffective against. This style of fighting involves smashing your opponent and is best used in conjunction with the Eight Gates.
- Morning Peacock: Claire, after having opened at least 6 Gates, punches her enemy repeatedly, striking with such incredible speed and power that she sets the air ablaze by sheer speed and friction which in turn creates a peacock-like fan of flames around the opponent.
- Daytime Tiger: After having opened at least 7 Gates, Claire places a palm facing forward in front of her face with one hand and then taps it with her other hand, formed into a fist, which creates a massive amount of air pressure. Next, Claire forms a unique hand seal resembling a tiger. This launches the air pressure at the opponent in the shape of a massive tiger head, and the air pressure will then condense as it's moving and be focused into a single point. The technique then explodes on command, releasing the built up air pressure in an instant. A massive explosion is then created which can be felt from a long distance away.
Magus-Style Alchemy Edit
Alchemy used by Magi is similar, but noticeably different than that used by Alchemists. Alchemy is a school that aims at the study and manipulation of the flow of matter. Claire is mostly capable of only basic levels of Alchemy, instead choosing to rely on the support based abilities usually associated with magus-alchemists, namely those that improves one's mind, supporting her other abilities instead of using it as a main form of combat.
- Thought Acceleration: Claire is able to use magecraft to accelerate the speed in which she thinks. This allows for increased perception, faster learning, the ability to plan her course of action much faster, and to perform high speed calculations. This lets Claire predict her enemy’s next move in combat, and calculate the trajectory or angle of incoming attacks and projectiles, letting her dodge or counter far easier.
- Memory Partition: This is the ability that allows Claire to partition her thoughts to form multiple independent thought processes. While normal people can only have a single "room" in their brain and focus on one thought, partitioning adds partitions to the one room to create multiple rooms. It is different than having multiple independent machines in their heads because, while there are multiple processes, they work toward one goal. They manage different problem sets, but work together to generate one overall solution. While machines can calculate on the same level, nothing else compares when used for problem solving. The limit of an average magus is one thought into multiple rooms, but superior magi, such as Claire, can perform first−order tetration of her thought into rooms. The rooms are synergistic, so four partitions allows for 256 thought processes. As they work towards one goal, it does not allow for 256 separate calculations. Claire uses it, along with her Thought Acceleration, to calculate the opponents movements in battle, think out multiple separate ideas at once, and calculate data that she gathers.
Reinforcement is a difficult magecraft with the basis of pushing an attribute to it's utmost limit. It revolves around pouring mana into something in order to enhance its existence seemingly without a defined limit. In order to be done, the user must have an incredible comprehension of the inner workings of what they wish to reinforce and fill with mana: if they seek success. It can be used to transform a simple branch into a formidable spear, mend shattered materials, or even alter their shape entirely. Claire is capable of using this on her own body as well, enabling her to severely enhance her physical attributes to phenomenal levels in the blink of an eye to gain the upper hand in the midst of combat.
Mana Burst Edit
Mana Burst is an ability that infuses and accumulates magical energy into Claire's body before releasing it outward, providing a massive boost to her abilities. Mana Burst could be compared to a literal jet blast of magical energy, momentarily strengthening all of Claire's actions to monstrous levels with her excessive magical energy.
Haki is a mysterious power that is found in every living being in the world. It is not that different from normal senses, however, most people do not notice it or fail to awaken it. Broadly, there are two types of Haki common to everyone, which Claire learned from her father. However, there is a third type that only a certain group of "chosen ones" are said to possess, which Claire does. Put simply, Haki is an ability to sense spiritual energy, use life force, and overpower enemies.
- Observation Haki: Observation Haki is a form of Haki that allows Claire to sense the presence of others, even if they are concealed from view or too far to see naturally. This allows Claire to see and recognize her targets by their "aura", which forms as a light silhouette on a dark background. This can also be used to predict an opponent's moves shortly before they make them, therefore making attacks much easier to evade. This prediction appears to the user as an image or brief premonition of what the opponents will do in Claire's "mind's eye", and the damage Claire will take if the attack actually lands. Additionally, this Haki allows Claire to empathize with the emotions and nature of others, and also sense the strength of others compared to her own.
- Armament Haki: Armament Haki is an ability that allows Claire to create a force similar to an invisible armor around herself. Similar to Tekkai, this Haki allows Claire to defend against attacks that would otherwise cause her harm. Significant physical force can still overcome this defense, however. Still, since Claire already has superhuman durability, this makes her incredibly difficult to cause damage to. Naturally this "invisible armor" can be used as a weapon to strike others with. It can be used to augment Claire's own attacks, projected ahead of her as pure brute force, or imbued in weapons to increase their effectiveness. Any attack enhanced by Armament Haki hits immensely harder than it would normally be without it. This brings Claire's already extraordinary levels of physical capability to the extreme, allowing her to damage and overpower incredibly strong opponents. In addition to this, attacks used with Armament Haki are capable of hitting even Logia-type Devil Fruit users while they are intangible, as well as hit targets that are intangible through other means in general.
- Armament: Hardening: This technique uses Armament Haki to harden the body (or parts of it), and objects which the user is holding. When something is hardened using this, it becomes black in color, and has a much stronger effect than the invisible application of Haki. Therefore, like the normal application, attacks or weapons imbued with this technique become far stronger, except to an even greater extent.
- Conqueror's Haki: Conqueror's Haki is a rare form of Haki that cannot be attained through training, as the others can. Only one in several million people have this ability. This type of Haki allows Claire to exert her willpower over others. It is said that whoever possesses this type of Haki has the qualities of a king. The most common usage of this ability is using it to exert his willpower onto those with weak wills, rendering them unconscious. Whilst inexperienced users are restricted to merely overpowering the will of one individual or blindly knocking out weak-willed people around them, Claire is able to pick out weak willed individuals from a group and target them specifically, leaving others unaffected. Those with stronger wills are capable of resisting, or simply outright ignoring the effects of Conqueror's Haki. The ability to knock someone out also depends on the difference in strength between Claire and her target, as the greater the power gap is, the easier it is for her to knock them out. Although this ability cannot be gained through training, it can be improved upon through strengthening one's will. Additionally, Conqueror's Haki can be used to destroy things to a limited extent, such as cracking the ground upon activation.
Rokushiki is a special, superhuman martial arts style that Claire learned from her father, as she was eager to learn something from him that didn’t involve mecha.
- Geppo: The Geppo allows the user to actually jump off the air itself, allowing them to stay in the air for much longer than usual. Claire can use this technique to cross great distances without ever touching the ground, or set herself up for swift, aerial attacks.
- Tekkai: The Tekkai hardens the user's muscles to the level of iron, in order to nullify damage taken from attacks. However, it can be broken by strong enough forces, and when Tekkai is active, the user is unable to move.
- Shigan: The Shigan is a close-quarter combat technique, in which the user pushes their finger into a certain target at a very high speed, leaving a wound similar to a bullet wound. It is capable of pushing people several yards away. It is a very useful technique that can connect rapidly and accurately, which works well with the Rokushiki users' impressive speed and agile techniques. However it's never been used to counter or deflect another powerful attack in any fights, which is probably because the user could easily break his finger instead of just blocking it with Tekkai.
- Rankyaku: The Rankyaku is a powerful projectile technique, in which the user starts by kicking at very high speeds and strength, sending out a sharp compressed air blade that can slice objects and greatly damage a human body.
- Soru: The Soru allows the user to move at extremely high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds and with greater power. It was revealed that the principle of this move was to kick off the ground at least ten times in the blink of an eye.
- Kami-e: The Kami-e makes the user's body go limp in order to avoid any attacks, and float like a piece of paper.
- Rokuogan: Claire places both her fists right in front of the target and launches a devastating shock wave in a forward direction. The shockwave created on its own is enough destroy a small forest.
PSI is essentially the ability to manipulate one's own thoughts to achieve certain effects.The three basic types of PSI are Burst, Trance, and Rise. Due to Claire's exceptional mastery of all three types of PSI, she could be referred to as an "Almighty". Claire's already incredible PSI abilities are boosted even further through use of Thought Acceleration and Memory Partition, making her level of PSI reach an absolutely ridiculous degree of power, as well as allowing her to use Programming to lessen the drawbacks that come from extended PSI use and strengthen her control over her PSI powers in general.
Burst is generally the ability to manipulate the world around one's self, in essence a person is able to channel and manipulate energy or matter in the surrounding environment, and there is many forms it can take depending on the user.
- High-Impact Dynamic Violence: Claire is capable of surrounding the entirety of her physical entity in a membrane of highly pressurized Burst energy. This superficial coating functions as an extremely dense yet flexible protective barrier that is considerably resistant to the majority of external forces, drastically minimizing both the harmful effects of opposing abilities as well as heavily increasing the power of Claire's attacks through both significantly enhancing the force of her blows as well as giving them an explosive quality, due to the high amount of Burst energy present. She can also concentrate a large amount of this energy into her limbs to project them outward in the form of extremely volatile shots that violently explode upon contact with the target.
Rise is the ability to enhance your own physical ability and senses through the use of PSI. Claire's level of skill in Rise could be considered demonic level. She is able to increase her own physical attributes to disgustingly inhumane levels, giving her nigh-unmatched superhuman strength, speed, durability, stamina, and senses. Due to her use of programming, Claire's Rise has essentially become passive, as she has no need to consciously apply it whilst fighting or otherwise, meaning that the increases made in this enhanced state have for all intents and purposes become her baseline physical attributes. Due to her Thought Acceleration, the power of Claire’s already monster level Rise have been amplified exponentially, granting her seemingly godlike physical parameters.
- Superhuman Strength: Claire is able to lift at least 200 tons and strike with equivalent levels of force from relying on the colossal boost she receives from her Rise alone, with her titanic strength able to be increased even further through the use of abilities such as Thought Acceleration and Memory Partition.
- Superhuman Speed, Agility, and Reflexes: Claire's speed is enhanced to monumental levels, allowing her to attack and avoid enemy attacks while moving at high-hypersonic speeds, as well as easily being able to react to her enemies or their attacks that somehow manage to reach a similar speed to herself.
- Superhuman Durability, Stamina, and Healing: Claire's durability while using Rise is strong enough to make her be simply unaffected by most attacks, with most weapons completely shattering into pieces upon attempting to pierce her skin. She is able to fight for weeks on end without any trouble at all, and her healing rate is enhanced to the point where some might confuse it for regeneration, as she is able to heal from nearly any kind of wound within a short period of time.
- Superhuman Senses: Claire's senses while using Rise have also been boosted to extraordinary levels, enhancing her already incredibly keen sight and allowing her to track opponents from many miles away simply through smell and sound alone.
Trance, in its most basic form, is the ability to manipulate the minds of others to some extent, in various different ways depending on the specific ability.
- Mind Block: Claire's high levels of PSI combined with her remarkable willpower allow her to form a powerful mental block in her psyche, taking the form of a shield that neutralizes any sort of telepathic abilities from an opponent and prevents them from getting inside of her head in any way whatsoever.
Nova is the combination of the three basic types of PSI, attained through intense training of all the three basic types together. Nova is a PSI-limiter removal type of form, where the user and their PSI energy merge together and become one. It is the combination of all the three basic aspects of PSI, namely, Burst, Rise and Trance. Since the user's body becomes more energy than matter by using this type, they are known as an "existence" instead of a "person". While using Nova, Claire's already inhuman PSI abilities are boosted to beyond astronomical levels, becoming fast enough to surpass hypersonic speeds entirely and strong enough to devastate entire landscapes simply through activating her Burst, which is heavily powered up not only in terms of offensive and defensive capabilities, but also in size, forming a gigantic aura around her similar to a Susanoo.