Brandon is an 19 year old human/Dead Apostle hybrid, raised by the mercenary group Koroshi, son of its leader Sigurd. His occupations are Exorcist, Hunter, Shaman, Psyren, and Magus. He is currently traveling the world, trying to become strong enough to defeat his father.
Brandon is generally a very cold person, rarely opening up to anyone around him or showing much sympathy. Brandon will often still act this way towards people he cares about, but it is mostly a front, because he doesn't want to show affection. Bran often has trouble making new friends, generally trying to distance himself from new people he meets. Brandon usually tries to do things in the most efficient and logical way possible, and is easily annoyed when others deviate from this.
Brandon is also very competitive in nature, and greatly enjoys himself in battle, especially against strong opponents, who he will exclusively seek out. Brandon will gladly fight people that he knows full well to be stronger than him, simply for the thrill of it, one of his few deviations from what he sees as logical. One of the few things that will actively make Brandon angry, is to deny him a battle. He can also be fairly overconfident at times, but not when it is abundantly clear that he shouldn't be.
Brandon is the son of the leader and another member of the mercenary group Koroshi. Due to this, Brandon spent his entire childhood travelling around with the group to their various jobs and missions, having no set home or Kingdom throughout his life. When he was young, another young boy named Robyn was adopted by the group, and the two were raised side-by-side. The two were often very competitive as children, even over trivial things, but usually in the training that the members of Koroshi gave them. Brandon was very happy with this life for a time, but eventually Koroshi had to leave both Robyn and Brandon, believing that things had become too dangerous for the two of them. This enraged Brandon, who felt abandoned, and he quickly ran away from Athena, the kingdom that they had left him and Robyn in, to search for Koroshi.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Dead Apostle PhysiologyEdit
Thanks to his parentage, Brandon is Half-Dead Apostle, giving him several superhuman abilities. Thanks to his half-blood heritage, and also just his general strength, he is immune to practically all the general weaknesses of lesser vampires.
- Superhuman Reflexes - Dead Apostles function without the need for nerves, meaning that Brandon naturally has superhuman reflexes, making both his reflexes, and therefore agility and speed incredibly impressive. Even without any further enhancement with his abilities Brandon is able to percieve and avoid attacks that move at supersonic speeds.
- Enhanced Senses - Brandon has a massively superhuman sense of smell thanks to being a Dead Apostle, as well as an enhanced sense of taste.
- Curse of Restoration - The regeneration of Dead Apostles, the Curse of Restoration causes Brandon's body to regress through time back to its original state whenever it receives an injury, though if his entire body is destroyed this is made impossible. As a half breed, Bran's regeneration is a fair bit slower than a regular Dead Apostle, but it's still fast enough to restore his injuries in a very short amount of time.
Innocence is a substance of unknown composition known by the ancient civilization that first cultivated it as the "Crystal of God". It can bond with certain people, Brandon being one of them. Innocence is to an extent, sentient, capable of recognizing those who are and who aren't compatible. The power of the Exorcist and their weapon is determined by the user's and Innocence's synchronization rate, or the numerical value that is the reflection of their bond with their Innocence. Brandon has an exceptionally high synchronization with his Innocence, as evident by it being able to evolve to a Crystal type. A crystal type Innocence is the evolved version of the equipment type. Instead of using an item, crystal type Innocence uses the blood of the user to form the weapon most suited to their fighting style. Because it is made of their blood, as long as the user has blood in their body, the Innocence can repair itself. Bran's Innocence takes the form of a katana which he calls Crystal Edge.
- Multi-Strike - When Brandon attacks an enemy, he is able to multiply the number of attacks, to attack his target from multiple angles simultaneously. This isn't simply speed, as the attacks truly do all happen at once, essentially creating copies of the attack. Brandon is able to create a maximum of 6 attacks at once with his blade.
- Teleportation - If Brandon strikes something with his sword, he is able to teleport to the spot where it struck. This ability is limited so that Brandon is only able to teleport to the last thing that his sword struck, but he can teleport there as many times as he wishes.
Nen is an ability that allows Brandon to use and manipulate his own life energy, referred to as Aura. Aura is the life energy produced by all living bodies, and aura from all parts of the body tend to flow together and create one mass of energy. The points at which Aura flows out of the body are called Aura Nodes, and controlling them is the first step to being a user of Nen.
There are four major techniques of Nen and several more advanced ones, all of which Brandon has trained in extensively. there are also 6 different types of Aura, and every person fits best into one type, but can usually use some other types too with varying efficiency, but can only use their main type to 100% ability. Brandon is a Transmuter, but has also trained extensively in both Emission, and Enhancement.
Basic Techniques -
- Ten - The first of the Nen techniques, Ten controls the Aura that leaks from Brandon's body, keeping the nodes open but having the aura flow around his body rather than away. This is the most basic defense against emotional Nen attacks, but cannot defend against physical ones. Ten maintains the youthfulness of his body and reduces his aging.
- Zetsu - Zetsu stops the flow of Nen from Bran's body altogether. By closing all the aura nodes, Brandon is able to stop the outflow of Aura. This makes him more sensitive to the Auras of others around him, and also makes his own Nen undetectable.
- Ren - Ren focuses on outputting a high amount of Aura and keeping it on Brandon's body, expanding the size and intensity of it. If Ten is purely defensive, Ren is what is used for offense. This increases Bran's physical strength and durability and provides a larger pool of aura for him to use for more advanced techniques.
- Hatsu - Hatsu is the release of Bran's aura so it can be projected and carry out a certain function. Generally, Hatsu is the user's personal expression of Nen that creates a special and unique paranormal ability. This is where Aura type comes into play, as it determines the type of Hatsu you can use. As such, Brandon has multiple abilities that he can use.
- Boundless Blade - Nen responds to the goals, strengths, and desires of its users, as a result, a student of Nen can increase the overall power of an individual skill by stating a self-imposed restriction. Brandon has placed such a restriction on his Hatsu ability, which is that it is only able to be used on the Aura that surrounds his sword in combat (with Shu). This ability allows Bran to transmute the Aura around his sword into practically anything that he can imagine, usually elements or substances of some sort. He can also partially transform his sword itself using this ability to some extent. In addition, with his skill in Emission, Bran is also able to use this ability at range, by doing something like surrounding his sword in flames, and then emitting the flames at his enemies from long range. This gives Brandon an unbelievable range of abilities, and nearly unmatched diversity in the kinds of attacks that he is able to utilize.
- Psychic Boost - In addition to the usual physical enhancements, Bran has developed an enhancement Hatsu that enhances his mind. This allows Bran to both think and react much faster than usual, and allows his brain to endure significantly more stress. Bran can quickly make detailed strategies, as well as easily analyze situations and attacks and react to them accordingly, all without overworking his brain. This obviously gives him massively superhuman reflexes, allowing Bran to easily avoid most attacks and react to any situation. The added effect of this ability, is that it greatly enhances the power of Brandon's PSI abilities that he is able to use thanks to being a Psyren, thanks to the boost that his enhancement gives to his brain power.
Advanced Techniques -
- Gyo - Gyo is the first of the advanced techniques. Bran concentrates a larger than normal portion of his aura into one specific body part. Gyo increases the strength of that body part, but leaves the rest of the body more vulnerable.
- In - In is an advanced form of Zetsu used to almost completely conceal Brandon's aura. However, In does not require Bran to stop his aura flow, but hides it instead, allowing him to launch sneak attacks or lay traps.
- En - En is an advanced usage of Ren and Ten. En is used by expanding his aura further than normal with Ren, and using Ten to give shape to the aura, usually a sphere. Using En, Bran can feel the shape and movement of anything entering his circle.
- Shu - Shu allows Brandon to extend his aura's envelopment onto an object, allowing him to use the object as if it were an extension of his body. This allows him to greatly enhance the strength and durability of an object.
- Ken - Ken is a defensive technique where Bran maintains a state of Gyo over his entire body, allowing him to defend against attacks from any direction without the need to use Ryu. Ken is a useful defensive move, but is difficult to maintain. Additionally, it is not as strong as Gyo as the aura is more spread out.
- Ko - An enhanced version of Gyo where all of Brandon's aura is condensed to one body part. This makes that one part of his body extremely powerful, but leaves the rest of his body unprotected.
- Ryu - Ryu is the term for the real-time usage of Gyo. For example, using Gyo to enhance a punch by increasing the amount of Nen in your fist, before shifting the Nen to your arm to help you block a counterattack.
Spirit of MuramasaEdit
Brandon is a Shaman, allowing him to see and communicate with spirits, control spirits, help them pass on to the afterlife, and most importantly, use them in battle. Also, Brandon is capable of using Furyoku, which is essentialy a measure of one's spiritual energy, produced directly from the soul itself. Furyoku levels are determined at birth, but can be increased through death, or near-death experiences. Brandon was born with extremely high levels of Furyoku, which have increased even more over time, through his various experiences in life.
Brandon's "Spirit Partner" is the famous swordsmith Muramasa. Muramasa, believed to be an incredible swordsmith, whose violent, ill-balanced nature was said to have been passed into his blades, which were popularly believed to hunger for blood and to compel their wielder to commit murder or suicide. Muramasa is a phenomenally powerful spirit, with massive amounts of Reiyoku, the measure of a spirit's power, to match Brandon's own power. Muramasa's medium is Crystal Edge, which being made from Bran's blood, means that he can summon Muramasa's Oversouls nigh-instantly.
- O.S. Muramasa - Brandon concentrates the entirety of his Furyoku into a thin layer of energy around Crystal Edge, not only making it nearly unbreakable, but allowing it to cut through practically anything thanks to the immense amount of energy concentrated into such a small area. Additionally, similar to the legend of the blades of Muramasa hungering for blood, this O.S. has the ability to drain the life force of Brandon's foes, or even completely consume other spirits to grow more powerful. This life force drain also applies to several forms of energy used by Occupations, as many of them utilize life energy for abilities, allowing O.S. Muramasa to cut entirely through many defenses that use such abilities with ease.
- O.S. Muramasa's Armory - Brandon forms countless different swords, that he is able to control at will to assault his opponents. These swords have less concentrated power than O.S. Muramasa, but their sheer number makes them extremely deadly, especially when combined with their ability to drain the life of their victims.
- O.S. Muramasa's Warrior - Brandon uses his Furyoku to form a massive ethereal warrior around himself, similar in form to a Susanoo, which acts as both an impenetrable defense and a weapon of mass destruction. Sharing the abilities of all of Muramasa's Oversouls, this massive figure is incredibly potent in battle.
PSI is essentially the ability to manipulate one's own thoughts to achieve certain effects. Brandon is very skilled in the use of PSI, and thanks to his Psychic Boost he is able to greatly increase his mental strength and PSI abilities even further than his naturally very high starting point. The three basic types of PSI are Burst, Trance, and Rise. Brandon is exceptionally skilled in the use of both Burst, and Rise, and reasonably so in Trance.
Burst - Burst is generally the ability to manipulate the world around one's self, in essence a person is able to channel and manipulate energy or matter in the surrounding environment, and there is many forms it can take depending on the user. Brandon's Burst is referred to as God Blade, and allows him to materialize various constructs reminiscent of swords, possessing an incomprehensibly sharp edge around the entirety of their exterior. The size and shape of these blades conform to whatever Brandon believes is necessary at the time, meaning that the weapons can even extend to obscene lengths if so required, seemingly without consequence or limit. Whichever shape the blade (or often blades) adopts, its razor-sharp edge means that it is capable of slicing through the majority of materials effortlessly. Brandon is able to use a medium to project this ability through, such as his sword, or simply materialize constructs at will. Additionally, despite of the tremendous offensive capability of these swords, the constructs remain relatively delicate, and can be shattered quite easily if struck unexpectedly.
- Bishamon-Mura - Through the process of drawing his sword, rapidly slashing the air, and sheathing the blade again in a single controlled motion, Brandon is able to materialize hundreds of sharpened swords, that seemingly levitate above a specific location. Brandon is then able to drop these swords down onto his targets, not only producing a massive large scale attack, but providing Brandon with hundreds of swords to use across the battlefield, that Bran can control at will. Additionally, if struck whilst falling, these blades will shatter into numerous razor-sharp shards that will descend downwards and mince his enemies to pieces. Brandon is also able to shatter them all remotely.
- Bishamon-Tsubute - Whilst using his sword as a medium, Brandon uses a simple thrust or slash, before momentarily fabricating the tip of the solidified blade at a precise distance away from it's actual destination, in order to penetrate or slice an intended target.
- Ashura Kai - By generating a large amount of PSI, comprised from an innumerable amount of minuscule vibrating particles, Brandon is capable of containing an immense amount of friction between his two hands in a visible aura. Projecting this outwards and forwards, the intense heat produced by the violent vibrations explodes, completely incinerating everything in the direction that it is released in an instant.
Rise - Rise is the ability to enhance your own physical ability and senses through the use of PSI, and Bran's level of skill in this variant of PSI could be considered monster level. Brandon is able to increase his own physical parameters to massively superhuman levels, giving him superhuman strength, speed, durability, stamina, and senses. Brandon is able to lift unimaginable amounts of weight and strike with an equivalent levels of force to do massive damage to enemies. His speed is enhanced to extremely high levels as well, allowing him to attack quickly and avoid most enemy attacks. Brandon's durability whilst using Rise is high enough to tank most attacks, to the point where many blades weapons may even have trouble piercing him. His stamina is raised to the point where he is able to fight for extended periods of time without much trouble, and his rate of healing is also significantly increased. Brandon's skill in the use of PSI has allowed him to basically have his Rise passively activated, granting him all of these superhuman buffs at all times.
Trance - Trance, in its most basic form, is the ability to manipulate the minds of others to some extent, in various different ways depending on the specific ability. Bran is able to communicate telepathically with others, as well as block out any mind reading skills that others might try to use on him.
Brandon is an extremely gifted Magus, possessing exceedingly high reserves of Od, the magical energy that naturally resides within one's body, as well as numerous magic circuits of the highest quality. Brandon is capable of incredible displays of power using only his own internal magical energy, whereas most others would need to draw from some other source. Brandon has little actual talent for Magecraft itself, preferring to use his gifts for more straight forward uses of magical energy.
Origin - Brandon's Origin is "Conflict". This is important, because Brandon's main weapon Crystal Edge utilizes his blood to form, meaning it inherently contains his origin. Brandon's Origin of conflict takes form whenever Brandon clashes with an attack stronger than his own, or whenever he attacks anything with defense that exceeds his own attack strength. It essentially boosts Brandon's own attack power to equal whatever his blade is "conflicting", or enhances it to be just strong enough to break through his opponent's defense. His Origin fails to be effective if the strength of whatever Brandon is attacking exceeds his own "existence".
- Mana Burst - Mana Burst is a simple, but brutally effective ability. It essentially works by infusing and accumulating vast amounts of magical energy into his body and weapon, before instantaneously releasing the magical energy outward to provide a massive boost to his abilities. Mana Burst could be compared to a literal jet blast of magical energy, momentarily boosting both his speed and strength to monstrous levels. The power of Mana Burst scales directly with the amount of energy used, and with Brandon's exceptionally massive reserves he is able to use it on a tremendous scale. If Brandon's body were any weaker, the sheer power of his Mana Burst would rip it apart completely, as is the case with his weapon, the Crystal Edge.