Beckham Kingsman is a 19 year old Pirate, living in the Kingdom of Avaritia, working as a hitman for one of its largest criminal organizations, the Adesso. Beckham is one of the rare few in the world to possess an "OGene", therefore making him a Joker. Furthermore, Beck has consumed the Denchi Denchi no Mi, meaning that he has become a "Battery Human". Additionally, Beckham is a survivor of the Reiss Orphanage Massacre.
Beckham is often perceived as a very cold, reserved individual to those not close to him. Beckham is generally very straightforward in his actions, and rarely lies, as he sees no reason to. Over his life, he has become incredibly jaded, believing the world and mankind to be passed saving, only bothering to care for himself and the few that he sees as family. Beck sees practically no inherent value in human life, and has no problem killing if it needs to be done, and has little sympathy for the dead, since he views mankind as being guilty more often than not. Despite this, Beck takes little joy in death either. Also, despite his generally cold, stoic exterior, Beckham isn't humorless, but possesses an exceptionally dry, dark sense of humor. This generally takes the form of ominous comments, detailing incredibly grim theoretical outcomes to whatever scenario he's currently in. Beckham is generally quite slow to trust others, since much of his experience with other people has been them trying to use him for some means or another. Once he trusts a person though, he will be far more compassionate towards them, and cares deeply for people who manage to earn his friendship. Additionally, Beckham is almost always far more sympathetic towards animals, outright refusing to harm them in most cases, and condemning those that do, as he believes them to be innocent in comparison to the bulk of humanity.
Beckham was born in a large settlement in the Kingdom of Avaritia. Beckham's parents had always been very ambitious, only being low ranking members in one of Avaritia's many criminal organizations, and upon learning of their son's "talents", quickly did all they could to hide this from everyone around them. Beckham was locked away, as his parents tried to cultivate his skills, wanting to essentially turn him into a living weapon for their own benefit. They managed to acquire the Denchi Denchi no Mi in one of Avaritia's many black markets, and fed it to him at a very young age. Beckham resented his parents for this treatment throughout his early childhood, feeling as though he was being treated as a tool rather than a son, and never felt much if any love for his parents. This feeling of resentment soon turned to hatred, as his treatment only got worse as he became older. Due to the nature of his powers, his parents would often subject him to torturous levels of energy, forcing him to absorb it to grow stronger. During one of these sessions, when Beckham was only six years old, Beck had finally had enough, and turned the powers his parents had worked so hard to refine back on them. Beckham had only intended to do enough damage to let him run away, but he soon lost control, unintentionally killing them in the process. Beck was forced to quickly flee as people came to investigate the damage he had caused, having no time to enjoy this new world, as he had only ever been locked away in his home.
The Reiss OrphanageEdit
After accidentally killing his parents, Beckham wandered aimlessly for some time, starving in Avaritia's wastelands, before finally being discovered by members of the Reiss Orphanage. Beckham lived there for roughly 6 years, half of his life at that point, before the Reiss Orphanage Massacre occurred when he was 12 years old. Beckham was fairly reserved for quite some time once arriving at the orphanage, but gradually warmed up over his time there, becoming closer with his caretakers and fellow orphans. Beckham sympathized with others with similar experiences as his, and went out of his way to be friendly and welcoming to newcomers who seemed distant like he had in the past, allowing him to form deep friendships with many of his fellow siblings.
Following the Reiss Massacre, after being separated from all of his siblings at the age of 12, Beckham arrived back in Avaritia. Beck struggled to survive for some time, scavenging and stealing to survive. Eventually, his thievery caught up to him, and Beck was caught trying to steal from a man called Aurelio, who happened to be the leader of one of Avaritia's largest criminal organizations, the Adesso. Beck was to be killed, but upon realizing that Beck was a Joker, and also the child of two of his former members, Aurelio decided that he could put Beck and his powers to good use. Beckham began working for Adesso as a hitman, as payment for his crimes, being forced to work for the gang for many years. Beckham didn't particularly like being used as a tool yet again, but he had very little choice in the matter, especially at the start, and he thought that at least he wouldn't have to go around scavenging for food anymore. Beck, being a Joker, was exceptionally strong, and thus very good at his job, rising through the ranks of the organization at an impressive pace despite being so young. Throughout the expansive criminal underground of Avaritia, Beckham became very well known for his formidable abilities and lethal efficiency, garnering fear and infamy as "Black Bolt Beckham."
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Haki is a mysterious power that is available to Beckham thanks to his OGene. There are generally three types of Haki, one that senses energy, one that utilizes your lifeforce, and one that is capable of overpowering the will of your enemies. Currently, Beck is only capable of using Armament Haki, which utilizes his life force as a form of defense and offense.
- Armament Haki - In essence, this ability allows Beck to surround himself with an "armor" made from his lifeforce, which appears by turning whatever it is used on black, allowing him to withstand attacks that would otherwise cause him harm, as well as enhance his own offensive strength. Additionally, it allows the user to bypass the effects of certain Devil Fruit powers and other abilities, such as the intangibility of logias, or other Devil Fruit effects, because it allows him to attack the "substantial body" of his target. Beckham is also able to cover other objects in his Haki to strengthen them as well, or project it ahead of him through the air as pure brute force. While it would normally not be possible to apply this Haki to things generated from your own body, such as Beck's lightning, he is able to use his Denchi Denchi no Mi powers to absorb and convert his own Haki energy, or life force, into electricity, allowing him to produce his signature black lightning, powering up his electrical attacks significantly and granting it the effects of his haki.
Denchi Denchi no MiEdit
Beckham has consumed the Denchi Denchi no Mi, meaning that he is a "Battery Human." This devil fruit has altered Beck's physiology in a manner that allows him to both produce electricity, as well as absorb and store large amounts of energy, that he is likewise capable of converting into electricity. The energy that Beckham absorbs doesn't have to be electrical in nature, since his power allows him to convert any number of things into his electrical power, going as broadly as to include even Beckham's own spiritual energy. Other examples of common things that Beckham is capable of absorbing are solar, thermal, wind, and even kinetic energy received from physical impacts on his body, essentially making him a living power plant. The more energy Beckham absorbs, the more powerful he is able to make his attacks, but he is still a more than capable fighter when only using the electricity that his body produces by itself. Additionally, Beckham is also only able to absorb energy through physical contact. Beck is able to use this electricity for various purposes, the most simple usage of course, is to simply use it to launch ridiculously fast attacks that are able to electrocute his targets, or even completely vaporize them with incredible amounts of heat. Beckham is also able to make constructs out of his electricity by producing a large concentrated burst and shaping it to his will. Furthermore, he is capable of utilizing several more advanced applications of his Denchi Denchi no Mi powers.
- Black Lightning - Beckham is able to infuse his electricity with Haki by essentially using his Denchi Denchi no Mi to absorb and convert his own Haki energy (life force) into electricity itself, giving birth to his epithet "Black Bolt Beckham", and giving his electricity incredible power compared to standard lightning, and also giving it the effects of his Haki, allowing him to even damage intangible or electrically resistant foes.
- Pillar of Heaven - Beckham's most destructive attack, which he is only capable of using after absorbing a tremendous amount of energy from his surroundings. Beckham releases a massive amount of Black Electricity from his body, completely incinerating his surroundings with a gargantuan pillar of Black Lightning, capable of blasting a large circular crater into the earth, and shooting high enough to pierce the clouds, or "heavens".
- Physical Enhancement - Beck can enhance his physical ability immensely by using his electricity to stimulate his muscles and brain, increasing his speed, reflexes, and strength significantly. His electricity can also be used to essentially replace his nervous system, by using his electricity to instantly transport information from his brain through his body, increasing his reflexes to godlike levels. Beck generally uses his Black Lightning for this technique, as it is significantly more potent than if he were to use his regular electricity.
- Electromagnetism - Beck is able to use his electricity to create powerful magnetic fields, allowing him to easily attract and manipulate magnetic materials in various ways. Additionally, since Beck is able to both produce and absorb electricity, he is able to essentially control electromagnetic forces by manipulating the charges of objects, allowing him to attract and repel practically whatever he wishes. This allows him to easily repel other objects or beings by giving them and himself both a negative charge with his electricity, or he can attract by negatively charging himself, and giving an effective positive charge to whatever he wishes to attract by rearranging its electrons through his electricity absorption and conversion. Since Beck is only capable of absorbing electricity through physical contact, he is only able to perform attraction after he has touched something directly, though he can repel from a distance. He can use this ability to perform various effects, such as flight, or a limited form of telekinesis.
- King's Road - One of Beck's most commonly used techniques, after making contact with an enemy or an object, he is able to use his electromagnetic manipulation to pull himself towards his opponent at ridiculously high speeds, making it very difficult for his opponent's to escape him, and allowing him to cover ground much faster than his own speed would allow.
Though Beckham has received fairly little formal education, he is an exceptionally intelligent, logically minded person, if perhaps lacking in advanced knowledge. In large part due to Beckham's ability to remain completely calm in practically any situation, he is able to use his quick wit and analytical mind to figure out solutions to most problems with little trouble. He is also able to come to correct conclusions with impressive speed, putting together pieces of evidence and subtle clues or giveaways with the utmost ease. This is especially useful in battle, as Beckham is able to piece together the workings of his enemies abilities or equipment, or notice any pattern in their movement or behavior, in little time at all, letting him come up with effective counters on the spot. Beckham is also generally very attentive of his surroundings, allowing him to use them to his advantage in practically any situation. It could be said that Beck isn't a genius of any kind, but instead simply possesses an incredibly logical mind that he is able to use to tremendous effect.
Because of his particular line of work, Beck has picked up vast amounts of knowledge on the workings of the human body. Mostly relating to things such as weak points in the human body, such as pressure points, veins, organs, bones, joints, tendons, etc., allowing him to effectively lethally, or non-lethally, subdue his targets with the utmost efficiency.
Beckham is an incredibly skilled close-combat fighter, and has been trained in and mastered several martial arts and fighting styles over the course of his young life. Close range is Beckham's preferred type of combat, and he is capable of masterfully using his martial skills and superhuman powers in conjunction with one another.
- Pressure Points Though generally used as a hitman, Beckham was also occasionally used to simply intimidate certain "benefactors" of the Adessos into paying what they owed the gang, and thus Beck developed a style of fighting for taking out enemies that he wasn't meant to, or perhaps couldn't, kill. Beck often uses his vast knowledge of pressure points in melee combat, allowing to easily immobilize, or paralyze, his targets. Additionally, Beck is able to "inject" choice amounts of his electricity into his target's body with these strikes, making them significantly more effective. This addition allows Beck to immobilize even physically powerful targets, though foes on a similar level to or stronger than Beck may be able to resist being fully paralyzed, the added effect of his electricity stacked onto his precise strikes will almost certainly stun them at the very least. This allows Beck to essentially lock his enemies into long chains of melee attacks if he's able to land even a small amount of strikes, making this fighting style incredibly dangerous even against formidable opponents.
As stated above, Beck was often asked to simply intimidate his targets, rather than kill them, which has lead to Beck learning various ways to do so. Ranging from plainly using his presence and reputation, to using numerous kinds of interrogation or torture techniques to get what he needs. His knowledge of the human body allowed him to carry out such techniques exceptionally effectively, because put simply, he knows how to hurt people. All of this combined made Beck remarkably talented at the art of inspiring fear in others.
As a hitman, Beckham was often ordered to essentially perform assassinations, meaning he developed a knack for stealth over the course of his career. Even before becoming a hitman, Beckham was often forced to steal food to survive, allowing him to harness this skill from a young age. Beckham is able to easily sneak into well fortified, high security areas without being detected in the slightest, and perform his duties with the same secrecy. This skill extends to being able to escape hostile areas with very little trouble, making Beck both extremely difficult to find in the first place, and even harder to catch if you do.