Aster is a Shinobi initially born in Athena, and currently residing in Hermes. He is the Half-Brother of Eos member Aiden. His other occupations include Bishokuya, Hunter, Pirate, and Magus. Before joining Eos he served as a body guard to Elex, the King of Hermes.
There is not much to be said about Aster. Despite being trained to the most extreme degree possible by his father, Aster was always kept very sheltered, especially once he was in the care of Serif. Despite the fact that his brother was very protective and did not like for Aster to do anything dangerous, Aster often casts these worries to the side when he feels people may be danger. Aster often goes out of his way in the name of Justice, not even bothering to hide his identity, he is very well known in Hermes and is called a hero by many. Eventually his antics became offical when he was made the head of the Royal Guard in Hermes. Under Aster's leadership, crime essentially vanished overnight.
On the surface, Aster seems to many like a naive, over eccentric blockhead. This is more or less because Aster is very much over eccentric, and tends to simply ignore topics he does not view as important, leading many to assume he is ignorant of them. Aster lives a very focused life and does not have interest in many things considered average and normal. Aster has no real desire for relationships, is bored very easily by politics, and has no real hobbies that are not in some way related to fighting.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Aster has an extreme love of training and bettering himself. Unlike his brother, who seems to always be getting stronger despite being incredibly lazy, Aster trains vigorously everyday. He believes that no matter how powerful he is, he will always benefit from becoming stronger. He is not every well rounded, but excels in close quarters combat. He is capable of using his bones as ranged attacks, and their special properties make them more than effecitve for at least buying time while Aster closes the gap between himself and his opponent. He prioritized raw strength and defense over any kind of elemental attack, as he believes it is the most honorable way to fight.
All of Aster's life he has done nothing but train his physique to become as physically strong an as he can. He trains day and night to constantly try to push himself past his own limits. He is an extremely skilled hand to hand combatant and swordsman, having been trained by the likes of Elex and Thane. Aster uses his physical capabilites to the utmost extent, as his entire fighting style is dependent on his physical attributes. If a regular person where to try to confront Aster in a fight, they would likely break the bones in their hands simply by punching him the face. Aster possesses a great deal of natural durability, party due to his father's more than human genetics. He also possesses a rather effective level of passive regeneration from his father, which is quite useful as Aster is known to be reckless and attempt to tank attacks rather than block or dodge them. Aster's physical abilities are enhanced immensely due to the fact that he possesses Gourmet Cells. Aster's connection with the Azure Beast also grants him vastly increased chakra reserves as well providing even more enhancment to his physical abilities. Aster considers himself a Knight in Shining Armor, and his fighting style backs it up.
- Physical Strength - Aster's strength is quite immense due to his constant training which he always increases in intensity. When he trains, we wears an extremely weighted version of his armor that easily reaches a weight of several dozen tons. His training sword can also weight upwards of twenty tons, and over time even this weight has become a bit too easy for Aster's tastes, and he now regularly wears it in combat, as the highly dense metal is actually quite good for defense. Without using any of his magical enhancements, Aster possesses enough strength to lift and throw massive creatures many times his size. He also possesses so much raw strength that can generate shockwaves by flexing his muscles. His striking strength is enough to break through virtually any material besides valryian steel, and his immense strength makes a simple punch from him send shockwaves through people that can rip the insides of their bodies apart. When using his enhancements, Aster has been known to match or even surpass the Elemental Bearer of the element of Earth in sheer physical strength.
- Durability, Regeneration, and Life Force - Aster's body is far more durable than average, as it must be given his intense fighting style. Due to the fact that he inately has the DNA of a symbiote in his veins, his body has a very limited level of adaptation, which has given Aster slight resistance to various forms of damage over the course of his life. He trains himself to be able to sustain any injury and continue fighting. No injury will ever put Aster down in a fight, though if he entirely exhausts all forms of energy he has, he can leave his body with no energy to support a damaged body. Things like losing limbs and taking massive internal damage hardly register as an annoyance to Aster when he is in the heat of battle. Due to Aster's genetics and skills in medical ninjutsu, when something actually does manage to damage him, he is capable of recovering extremely quickly, being able to heal what would normally be a mortal wound in only a few moments. Aster's stamina is also nothing to scoff at. Due to his constant conditioning, Aster has reached a point where he can be active at 100% nearly all the time, as he does not even require sleep. He broke away from his need of sleep out of pure determination, refusing to waste 8 hours every day doing nothing we could be doing something productive with that time.
- Physical Speed - While not the primary focus of his training, with so much work on his physique, a great deal of speed is a natural result. While not nearly on the level of his brother, Aster is incredibly fast as speed is required for him to close the distance between himself and enemies with ranged attacks. At his normal level he easily reaches supersonic levels of speed. He has no other means of transporation around the land so he travels in full on sprints from point A to point B. His combat speed is also nothing to stop at. Even when wearing his extremly heavy armor or wielding his equally heavy sword, he is capable of attacking dozens of times in the blink of an eye, being able to match all but the fastest of combatants even with his restrictions. With he removes his restrictions, and activates all enhancements he has, he becomes capable of keeping up with Body Flicker level speed with ease.
Aster only uses ninjutsu for medical and enhancement purposes. Due to his constant training and indomitable will to better himself, Aster's medical prowess allows him to make use of even the famed Strength of a Hundred technique. While very similar in nature to its parent technique, which also regenerates the user's wounds via accelerated cell division, the Strength of a Hundred Technique has a continuous, automatic effect that will heal any damage that the user sustains instantly without the need to make hand seals or even a conscious effort to activate the healing process as long as they have chakra left. The enhanced regeneration granted by this technique is so rapid that even the wounds that resulted from the impalement by two gigantic swords through Aster's abdomen were completely healed in mere moments after the blades' removals. He is also capable of healing others at an incredibly rapid rate, and is even able to restore others brought to the brink of death.
Aster is also capable of using several chakra enhancement techniques. The first and most well known he can use is chakra enhanced strength., which when added to Aster's already impressive physique, makes him one of the physically strongest combatants imaginable. Not willing to stop there is also capable of using chakra enhanced speed. Chakra Enhanced Speed is a lot like Chakra Enhanced Strength, however instead the user focuses chakra into their legs and feet, using precise chakra control and releases it with pinpoint timing, which greatly enhances their speed. The speed is so intense that it looks like they simply disappear into thin air. While Aster is not very skilled in using Body Flicker for constant high speed movement, he is a master of using it to greatly augment his combat speed. Calling it Body Fliker: Crash, he is capable of applying the massive speed boost of body flicker to a certain part of his body, typically his hands or feet, and by doing so, greatly increase the speed behind any physical attack.
After his soul merged with his Serif's, Aster gained access to Swift Release, something his brother had for a very long time, but Aster was not born with. With it's use, Aster has compensated for his one weakness many times over. With ready access to extreme degrees of speed, Aster is now capable of moving fast enough to dodge attacks should tanking them be unwise. Aster now regularly uses Swift Release Chakra Mode in battle, providing an even better increase in speed than Lighing Release Chakra Mode.
As a pirate, Aster makes use of two forms of Haki. Kunbunshoku and Busoshoku Haki are used regularly by Aster. Aster also possesses the Devil Fruit called Sabi Sabi no Mi. These things together greatly increase Aster's defensive capabilites.
- Kenbunshoku Haki - The most common usage of this Haki allows the user to sense the presence of others. Rayleigh states that to fully master this ability would allow the user to see others even if they are concealed from view or too far to see naturally. When viewed this way, the user can't actually see the person with any physical characteristics, but rather recognizes the target(s) by their "aura" which forms as a light silhouette on a dark background. The user can also use this Haki to predict an opponent's moves shortly before they make them, thereby making the attack much easier to evade with enough skill. This prediction appears to the user as an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack actually "hits". It appears that the more killing intent the enemy has, the easier they are to predict. Although, more skilled users can predict future moves whether there are ambient murderous intents or not.
- Busoshoku Haki - Busoshoku Haki allows the user to use their spirit life force to create an essense of an invisible armor around themselves. Naturally this "invisible armor" can also be used as a weapon to strike others with. It can be used to augment the user's own physical attacks, projected ahead of the user as pure brute force, or imbued into weapons to increase their effectiveness. Any attack enhanced by Busoshoku Haki hits immensely harder than it would normally without it.
- Sabi Sabi no Mi - The Sabi Sabi no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to cause metallic items to rust and come apart, making the user a Rust Human. The major strength of the fruit is that the user is able to rust and pull apart metallic weapons such as swords. Doing so apparently gives the user somewhat of an advantage against sword wielding opponents. It has been shown the powers of the fruit give the user a permanent defense against swords and other metal weapons. A sword simply touching the user's body will immediately rust and come apart before a cut can be made.
As a magus Aster is highly skilled in reinforcement magic. With his mastery over reinforcement, Aster can shape nearly any every day object he comes across into a more usable and helpful form. He is able to change the shape of random stones and harden them into usable weapons. He can also take an already powerful weapon and enhance it even further. His skill in reinforcement can also make his already effective equipment much more deadly. Aster is also capable of applying a reverse effect. Using similar concepts, he has reversed engineered reinforcement magic and has become capable of weakening or even destroying things on contact. Due to the nature of reinforcement magic, it would be incredibly difficult for him to use this on another person's body, but he can use it on any equipment they might be using. Aster can also use reinforement to augment his already impressive physical attributes. Usually channeling it to his entire body, it makes him stronger, faster, and more durable by a significant degree. With constant training and effort, Aster is able to use reinforcement on his brain, greatly increasing his reaction times and general higher brain functions.
Like many members of his family, Aster has a connection with an extremely powerful entity known as the Azure Beast. Like his family, he gains several passive abilities that are shared between them all. In order to fully utilize the power of the Azure Beast, each person connected to it must face and conquer a trial, tailored to their style.
Reserve Ehancement - Connection with he Azure Beast greatly enhances the energy reserves those it is conneted with, and allows them to rapidly regenerate said sources of energy. Aster as a result, has chakra reserves rivaling Jinchuriki and mana reserves rivaling a homunculus.
Eye of the Azure - All those connected to the Azure Beast also gain a biological enhancement known as the Eye of the Azure. Despite the name, the color it manifests as varies from user to user. Aster's use of the Eye of the Azure causes his eye to take on a golden coloration, with a constant bright glow that radiates from the eye while it is active. The activation of this ability grants Aster greatly increased reaction times, the ability to see otherwise invisible energy signatures, and precognition on a level similar to the famed sharingan. After merging his soul with his brother's, the increase in reflex time was increased dramatically. His eye also now gives him warnings so precise that it shows him exactly how to move in order to waste as little movement as possible.
Hero's Shield - This is the ability granted to Aster when he fully conquered the power of the Azure Beast. Hero's Shield serves as a passive ability that grants Aster great levels of resistance to whatever the previous type of attack was that hit him, forcing his opponents to constantly change the way in which they fight him. This ability makes rapid fire or multi hit attacks next to useless against Aster, as only the first hit in the sequence will be able to do significant damage.
Azure Beast's Roar - Gained when Aster's soul merged with parts of his brother's. Aster is capable of summons the heads of the Azure Beast in combat. They can be used as shield or as a means of projectile attack. When used as projectiles, they can generate blasts comparable in strength to Tailed Beast Balls. The number that can be spawned at once has no defined limit, though more than three or four at a time can lead to Aster quickly tiring himself out.
Bond of the Beast - Discovered by Aster during his fight against Kronos, he is capable of utilitizing the abilities or items of anyone with a conncection to the Azure Beast.
Nen is a powerful technique that allows one to use their inner life energy, known as Aura. Aura is produced directly within the body, and is slowly released from special pores beneath the skin known as Aura Nodes. For those who become skilled practioners of Nen, they obtain the ability to open and close their Aura Nodes at will. In the case of Aster, he was a natural prodigy, having the instruction from his father, who was a very skilled enhancer. He has also became very skilled enhancer just like his father. He mastered the four major principles under his father's tutelage.
Ten: Aster can keep his aura nodes open, and control the flow of Nen and focus it into an aura around around himself. The provides great protection agaisnt emotional attacks of other nen users. It has also nearly halted his aging, as such, Aster will have the his current appearence far into his later years. While Ten can protect against emotional and mental attacks, it provides no defense against physical attacks.
Zetsu: By closing all of their aura nodes, the user is able to stop almost all outflow of their aura like water from a valve. Since the user is no longer surrounded by their own aura, they are more sensitive to the aura of others. This can be useful when tracking another person and it will also prevent other users of Nen from noticing them. Zetsu can also be used to relieve fatigue, since it forces the body's external layer of aura to be fully contained within. The drawback of zetsu is that his makes his body vulnerable to other Nen attacks.
Ren: Aster utilizes Ren to output a huge amount of Aura from his body and keeps it attached to his body, he then greatly increases it's intensity and size. Hitoshi's physical strength and durability are increased, and he is provided with a large pool of aura to use for any techniques. Ren is a direct application of Ten, and it's offensive counterpart. Ren also provides a large pool of aura for any technique Aster decides to use.
Hatsu: Aster utilizes Hatsu to release his Aura to perform a certain action. It is what is used to perform all individual Nen abilities, and reflects one's personal expression of Nen.
Gyo: Aster utilizes Gyo to focus his aura into one specific body part in order to greatly strengthen that body part. He commonly uses it with his eyes, allowing him to see things that he could normally not see by increasing his clarity, perception, and overall eyesight. It can see the aura of others and can see objects hiden with In. The downside to Gyo is that the other body parts are left vulnerable, due to the aura being concentrated into one part. Gyo is an advanced application of Ren.
In: Aster utilizes In to completely conceal and hide his aura. Unlike Zetsu, it doesn't require Hitoshi to completely cancel the flow of aura throughout and around his body. Instead, it simply hides it, allowing him to perform dangerous sneak attacks and lay traps. Both Gyo and En possess the ability to counter In. In is an advanced application of Zetsu.
En: Aster utilizes En to create a sensory barrier around himself made from his own aura. He can feel the shape and movement of anything and everything that enters the barrier, and can extend it's range up to 200 meters. The downside to En, is that is it very tiring and quickly dissipates Hitoshi's aura. Therefore, he cannot use it very often or for long periods of time. En is an advanced application of both Ren and Ten.
Shu: Aster utilizes Shu to extend his aura around an object or weapon to use it as if was an extension of his body. The object becomes both stronger and is protected by the aura, just like Ren strengthens and protects his body. Shu is an advanced application of Ten.
Ken: Aster utilizes Ken to maintain Gyo over his entire body, allowing him to defend against attacks from any direction without the need to use Ryu. Ken is useful as a defensive measure, but is tiring to maintain, and is not as strong as Gyo when used on a specific part of the body since it is dispersed across all of it. Due to that, it is mainly used when being cautious. Ken is advanced application of Ren.
Ko: Aster utilizes Ko to focus all of his aura into a specific part of his body. Zetsu is used to stop the flow in aura across his entire body, with it all being forced into spot that Zetsu isn't used on. Drastically empowering that specific part of the body. However, the rest of the body is unprotected and vulnerable to other nen attacks. The high concentration of power creates a high-pitched resonace, akin to metal being ground. Ko is an advanced application of Gyo.
Ryo: Aster utilizes Ryo to utilize Gyo in battle, by focusing his aura into a certain part of his body that isn't the eyes. Using to enhance certain body parts when he needs too, so that he can deal more damage, or defend better against certain attacks.
Kesu: Aster utilizes Kesu to turn invisible and completely mask his presence. Ten is used to shroud Hitoshi In his aura, and then In is used to conceal and hide the aura surrounding his body. Effectively making him invisible. Kesu is an advanced application of Zetsu.
Indomitable Will - Aster possesses an incredibly high level of willpower. Even when he lacks access to any form of healing or recovery, he will refuse to stop fighting until he is physically incapable. Virtually no amount of pain or exhaustion will actually slow him down, simply because he refuses to let it. Unless his body takes so much damage that it can not support itself he will continue to fight with all he has. His indomitable will also makes him near immune to mind controlling abilities, or virtually anything that may alter his mind.
Night Reflection - Aster possesses the Sacred Gear Night Reflection. Night Reflection has the ability to absorb attacks using shadows and redirect them in whatever direction the wielder wishes from any shadow within the Sacred Gear's area of influence. Night Reflection Death Cross, also known as the Beast Skin of Dark Night, is the sub-species Balance Breaker of Night Reflection which creates a black shadow armor that covers the wielder's body. The form was derived from the wielder's desire for more defense and armor similar to Issei's Scale Mail following his defeat in Volume 7. Death Cross allows the user to become like a shadow, gaining its intangible properties and allowing physical attacks pass right through him, although the wielder is susceptible to most forms of energy (heat/cold).
Avalon - Aster's possession of Avalon grants him extremely potent and rapid healing of wounds. The holder of the scabbard is granted potent healing, allowing for critical and fatal wound to be rapidly repaired to restore the wielder's health. Minor injuries are restored easily, and even large missing portions of the body and destroyed vital organs like the heart can quickly be restored at the critical moment before death. Targeting anything other than the holder's head in order to destroy their brain is futile, requiring for a decisive strike to be landed in order to cause any true damage. Its function as a Noble Phantasm is an "absolute defense" that completely shields its user in the domain of fairies, Avalon, the unreachable utopia that Arthur dreamed of and was said to have gone to after her death. It is the greatest protection in the world that goes beyond defending or reflecting, completely isolating its user in a world completely separate from the regular world. The scabbard dissipates into countless tiny particles in the air and engulfs the user to become a "portable fortress" that shuts out all interference. It is the Bounded Field of the tranquil domain of fairies that keeps out all filth from the outside world, and allows nothing to harm the user that stands in the land of Avalon. The individual is shielded from all destructive interference in the physical realm, transliners from parallel worlds, and multidimensional communication as far as the sixth dimension. It is on the level of true magic, an actual true magic in itself, that transcends all magecraft, and not even the Five Magics can overcome the barrier.
Excalibur Proto - The prototype of Excalibur. Despite being it's prototype, this Excalibur can in many ways be considered even more powerful than the normal one. It is just as strong and durable as the normal Excalibur, easily slicing through any normal sword that it's put against, and being able to cut through the strongest of metals like butter. It is capable of firing light blasts just as Excalibur does, but it needs two conditions to be met to reach it's full potential, and surpass Excalibur. These requirements are that the Battle must be an honorable one, and that the opponent has to be stronger than the user. Without these requirements it is still able to level cities, but if these requirements are met, it is able to cause entire seas to evaporate within an instant. While normally, like Excalibur, the blasts fired from the blade are sent forward, like a large wave, when the conditions are met, and Aster chooses to unleash it's power, it causes an expanding pillar of light to burst from the ground around him, it expands larger than entire cities, and is so massive that it can be seen from space.
Lord Camelot -The shield made from the Round Table. It is an "ultimate protection" employing the Round Table, "where the Knights of the Round Table sat at the center of the Castle of White Walls, Camelot", in the form of a shield. Its strength is proportionate to the will power of the user, and it is said that "so long the heart doesn't break, those castle walls too shall never crumble." Essentially meaning that as long as the wielder refuses to give in, the shield will hold firm and block any attack without fail.