Akuma Satsugai Hanta is an 23 year old Bishokuya born on Gourmet Island, raised in Gourmet City, moved to Superbia, previously lived in Camelot, and currently lives in Area 11. He is a member of the famous guild known as Dusk.
Akuma is usually very happy, relaxed, calm, collected, and sometimes stoic. He is also selfless, compassionate, and very refined. He enjoys eating a LOT and is almost never-seen without eating some food. He enjoys training as well and honing his skills and of course, eating. He believes eating delicious food is the greatest pleasure in the world and that nothing can surpass it. He is truly grateful and thankful to all the delicious ingredients and foods inside of the world. Infact, before he eats anything he always says "I give thanks to all the ingredients in the world, Itadakimasu." which literally means "Let's dig in!". Once he is finished eating he says "Gochisoumama Deshita " which means "It was a great feast!" to signify the end of the meal.
Aside from this, Akuma is not a very tolerant person and doesn't enjoy standing around while his opponents try and "power-up" or "transform". He will do whatever he can to end his battles quickly and move on to the next and eventually start eating... again. He has a tendecy to venture into very dangerous places and get himself into many life or death situations. But he doesn't care as he keeps an optimistic attitude and believes as long he keeps his head up and remains focused on the battle he can win no matter what. Despite having faith in his abilities he is NOT an arrogant individual who thinks of himself superior to others. He will respect others as long as they respect him.
Despite the above, Akuma also has a tendency to randomly become very dark, brooding, cruel, harsh, and even completely psychotic. This is due to the influence of his Appetite Devil, possessing a strong influence over him that he can normally supress. However, every once in a while it overcomes him whenever he is incredibly depressed, upset, or enraged about something. Causing Akuma to become a very intimidating and reckless individual who will not hesitate to kill people for the smallest of things.
Akuma is a very large muscular young man with dark skin, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. He has very long and spiky black hair that reaches down to his back and several scars on many parts of his body. He gained these scars from many powerful battles and dangerous journeys and adventures. He also sports a headband and wears tribal-like clothing that although is not commonly worn in Gourmet City. Is still rather comfortable to him and makes him feel "at home". This is because although he currently lives in Gourmet City he is originally from the Satsugai tribe that was wiped out long ago. In conclusion, Akuma can also be described as having a rather menacing appearance that can easily scare people and cowardly criminals away.
Akuma has two different backgrounds, his actual background, and the fake one created via experiments done on his memory. This experiments caused a new artificial background to be created within his head, making him forget about his true life and what actually happened throughout his life.
The Satsugai Tribe Massacre
Akuma was born May 3rd, Year 080 Post-First Impact, into the Satsugai Tribe and Hanta Family, on Gourmet Island. His parents were Kyojin Satsugai Hanta and his wife, Mitama Satsugai Hanta. Kyojin was the leader of the Satsugai Tribe and Head of the Hanta Family, the head family of the Satsugai Tribe. Thus, Akuma was naturally born as it's heir and next in line.
One day, more than three years after Akuma was born, a group of people showed up on the docks of their island calling themselves the "H.W.P". They spoke to the tribe, specifically Kyojin, and asked them to join their group and work as apart of their military. In exchange, they would become exceedingly wealthy and famous, and be capable of living lavish lifestyles. However, Kyojin wasn't stupid, and didn't believe them at all. On top of that, the tribe was naturally rather peaceful and very immersed with mother nature. They were hunters, but they never overhunted and drove any species to extinction, as they knew their place in the food chain very well.
They were not murderers, who would join a random group's military and fight for them and kill people in cold blood in exchange for money, if that's what their true intentions were to begin with, that is. Therefore, after some thought, Kyojin, Mitama, and the rest of the tribe turned the H.W.P down and asked them to leave. They happily complied, and departed from Gourmet Island.
Unfortunately for the Satsugai Tribe, the H.W.P was in reality, a malicious organization that was a faction within the World Government. Their only goals were to scavenge the world for the most powerful clans, tribes, families, species, ect and bring them altogether under their rule to weaponize them. Creating the ultimate, undefeated, military power in the world to serve the World Government. As the H.W.P stood for "Human Weaponization Project", aiming only to weaponize other living beings.
So, only a day after they declined, the H.W.P showed up at their docks with a massive army comprised of their latest experiments and many various different types of soldiers. Ranging from hunters, to ninjas, to mages, to bishokuyas, ect. Despite the power of the Satsugai Tribe, they were quickly overhwlemed and overpowered by the might of the H.W.P's army.
As the fight ensued, Kyojin and Mitama quickly retreated to their house to protect and defend their three year old son, Akuma. However, the soldiers quickly broke into the house and their fight to the death continued. Meanwhile, Gekido, a good friend of Kyojin and Akuma's grandfather, Tencho Satsugai Hanta, was on his way to Gourmet Island for his monthly visit. Once he arrived, he was frightened by the absolute horror that he saw, and quickly made his way through the large army to Kyojin's easily noticeable house.
Upon entering the house, he found Kyojin and Mitama fighting a losing battle, and was prepared to help them. But they asked him to get Akuma out of there and leave the island immediately, wanting Gekido to take Akuma in and raise him. As his parents didn't expect to survive the battle and were already severely injured and losing, so Gekido complied with them and fled the island in horror. Witnessing the mass extinction of Satsugai Tribe at the hands of the ruthless H.W.P.
Life in Isolation
Afterwards, Gekido took in Akuma and raised him as his own son. They stayed in the mountains, living life in isolation, with Gekido hoping that the H.W.P would never find him and Akuma up there. Gekido was responsible for nearly everything, he raised, educated, and provided food for both Akuma and himself, becoming his new father.
He told Akuma all about his tribe, family, and who he was. Once Akuma was old enough to understand who he was, and decided that he wanted to become a Bishokuya, just like Gekido. Gekido began training Akuma in the way of a Bishokuya since he was ten years old, and Akuma began calling Gekido, "Master Gekido". He told Akuma all about Calories, Gourmet Cells, Appetite Energy, ect, pretty much all useful information that a successful Bishokuya would need to know about. Since Akuma was from the Satsugai Tribe, he was naturally born with Gourmet Cells, therefore, Akuma quickly advanced through the training regimens, excelled at nearly everything, and ended up becoming quite powerful for his age.
Traveling the World & Captivity
Once Akuma was strong enough, Gekido felt like he and Akuma should leave their life of isolation and travel the world together. Staying in one place forever can't be the greatest idea, and he felt that he was depriving Akuma from the world and a chance at truly living. Thus, Akuma and Gekido embarked on an adventure together across the globe. Hunting down, defeating, and eating various beasts, fighting numerous gangs, bandits, and thieves, and completing various missions to earn money. Eventually, Akuma and Gekido had earned a named for themselves all over the place and ended up becoming a well-known Bishokuya.
However, this backfired, as the H.W.P eventually heard about them and managed to track them both down. On one unfortunate day, once Akuma and Gekido decided to return back to their old home up in the mountains. They were ambushed by the H.W.P and five of their armies; comprised of ninjas, mages, bishokuyas, hunters, and ghouls. They were faced with an onslaught of more than ten million enemy forces, and even though they fought valiantly, they were defeated in the end and Akuma was kidnapped and taken from Gekido.
The H.W.P aimed to kill Gekido, assuming that they had done so as their battle reached a mountain peak and he was knocked off of it. But they were wrong, and Gekido survived and followed them all back to one of their headquarters as they took Akuma away. Once they had all arrived, Gekido quickly retaliated and attacked them in order to free Akuma.
His attack was successful, however, during his attack they managed to escape the base as Gekido attacked it and they fled with an unconscious Akuma. Gekido pursued them until they all reached the cliff of a mountain, he did his best to take Akuma back from them but they had accidently dropped Akuma off the side of the mountain and into the rampaging currents below. Gekido brutally killed the soldiers, and hoped into the water after Akuma, but it was too late. As the water had already swept him away and Gekido was immediately pursued by large numbers of more soldiers. He searched the ocean frantically, but he was unable to find Akuma, and eventually had to retreat and the soldiers lost track of him.
Shortly afterwards, Akuma washed up on the beach shore of Superbia. Where he awoke, with his memories tampered with and scrambled. Completely forgetting about Gekido and the H.W.P, and remembering only a brand new fake life that never happened. Thus, from that point on he lived in Superbia and grew up alone, becoming one of it's well-known Bishokuya. But everything changed when he got a letter, and met a group of guys named Sanguinem, Nicholas, Jeff, and Klaus.
The Decimation of the Satsugai Tribe
Akuma was born and raised for the first 3 years of his life in the Satsugai Tribe located on Gourmet Island in the Human World. His tribe was eventually wiped out by a gargantuan monster who rose from the seas and obliterated the entire island and almost all life on it. He and his parents were the very few to survive and they fled to Gourmet City and began their new life there. At first he disliked the city but as time went on he adjusted to it and began to like it a lot more. The city was a shock to him as due to being from a small tribe, he had never seen such large and magestic buildings with advanced technology. He was truly blown away with amazement by his new home. But deep down he still has some memories of the small tribe he came from and wishes he could go back there one day.
Eventually, 10 years passed and it was Akuma's 13th birthday. As time went on, Akuma became much more interested in ingredients as a whole. He learned all about Bishokuya, Chefs, and Saiseiya. He finally decided that he wanted to become a Bishokuya but his parents told him it was too dangerous. Wanting to prove that it wasn't too dangerous and that he was more than strong enough to become one. Akuma did research about any nearby high-level ingredients. He ended up finding out about a Devil Serpent who lived within the woods outside of the city. So he packed up his things, grabbed a knife, and set off all alone. After journeying through the deep forest for a while, he eventually encountered the Devil Serpent. He took out his father's sword and engaged in battle with the beast. He was effortlessly defeated by the Devil Serpent and it proceeded to takes it's sharp claws and rammed it through his chest just missing his heart by an inch.
Afterwards, Akuma's parents arrived with some local Gourmet Police who quickly took care of the beast and rushed Akuma to the hospital. His parents were informed by the doctors that Akuma would die and the only way to save him was to inject him with Gourmet Cells. His parents knew the consequences and didn't want to give it to him because if the cells rejected his body he would die immediately. But considering he would die anyway if they didn't take a chance and give him the cells they had no option but to give it to him. So the operation was performed and luckily the Gourmet Cells merged perfectly with Akuma's body, he healed quickly, and made a complete recovery.
Awakening and Recovery
The next day, after Akuma had returned home from school. He noticed that the front door of his house was destroyed, the windows were broken and stained with blood, and there was debris everywhere. He quickly rushed into his house and saw his parents laying on the ground in a pool of their own blood. Aside from that, there was several robbers all in mask stealing all of the items and food from Akuma's house. In his rage, Akuma awakened the superhuman abilities of his Gourmet Cells for the first time and quickly defeated the robbers in a short amount of time. He was going to kill them but he remembered that killing murderers would make him no better than them. That was something his father taught him since his father was a Gourmet Police officer. Next, he called the police and they arrived with an ambulance in no time. He was later informed that it was too late to save them and that both of his parents had already died. From that point on, Akuma left Gourmet City and traveled around the world trying to find a Bishokuya who would train him. Eventually he did find one and he did train him.
He ended up becoming a Bishokuya himself and learning how to harness and properly utilize the power of his Gourmet Cells. Eventually, Akuma ending up moving to Superbia and staying there for a while as he liked the environment and the wildlife there. Then one day he met the other members of Dusk and his real journey began from there.
List of Fights
- Akuma Vs. Sanguinem. Winner: Akuma, Earned 400 XP
- Akuma Vs. Grey. Winner: Draw, Earned 200 XP
- Akuma Vs. Suckura. Winner: Akuma, Earned 400 XP & 100 B (Tournament Fight)
- Akuma Vs. Jeff. Winner: Akkuma, Earned 400 XP
- Akuma vs. Akashi. Winner: Akashi, Earned 500 XP & 1,000 B
- Akuma vs. Katu. Winner: Draw, Earned 6,000 XP & 10,000 B
- Akuma vs. Apo. Winner: Draw, Earned 1,600 XP
List of Missions
- Mission: Wipe Out Earned 900 XP & 800 B
- Mission: Sabotage Earned 1100 XP & 900 B
- Mission: Escort a Priest Earned 500 XP & 600 B
- Quest: Coup D'etat Earned 1000 XP & 1,000 B
- Mission: Shingeki no Pirate Earned 700 XP & 300 B
- Quest: Acedia Annual Earned 10 levels & 10,000 B
- Mission: War on Acedia 7,000 XP & 5,000 B
- Mission: Red Bride Earned 4,000 XP & 2,000 B
- Mission: Assassin's Point Earned 3,000 XP & 3,000 B
- Quest: Rains of Catermere Earned 7 levels & 50,000 B (Recently gained 46,000 B from Isaiah)
- Mission: Knightmare Training Earned 2,000 XP & 500 B
- Mission: Knight Raid 4,000 XP & 4,000 B
- Mission: For Yourself Earned 4,000 XP & 4,000 B
- Mission: Fill The Void Earned 4 Levels & 120,000 B
- Mission: Family Revolution Earned 30,000 XP & 50,000 B
- Mission: Star Sign Earned 20,000 XP & 60,000 B
- Quest: Aku's Full Course Menu Earned 6 Levels & 150,000 B
- Mission: Gigantic Ant Army Earned 30,000 XP & 60,000 B
- Quest: Kill The Benefactor Earned 1 Level & 200,000 B
- Quest: The War of Area 11 and Katu's Final Fight 3 Levels & 200,000 B
- Quest: Void's End and Isaiah's Secret 3 Levels & 0 B
List of Arcs
- Isaiah's Truth Part 1 Earned 10,000 XP and 20,000 B.
- Isaiah's Truth Part 2 Earned 15,000 XP and 25,000 B.
- Akuma's Amazing Arc Earned 2 Levels and 0 B.
Full Course Menu
Akuma has become a full-fledged Bishokuya after completing his Full Course Menu. He has traveled through several deadly terrains known as Putrid Forest, Ice Hell Mountain, Black Sea, Harbor of Evil Spirits, Real Mist, Demon Rain Hills, and Sweet Hellhole. After finding each ingredient in each one, and bringing them home so that Megami could specially prepare and cook them, and then eating them all. Akuma's Gourmet Cells significantly evolved granting him several new abilities and greatly increasing his previous ones. Overall, making him much stronger and a true Bishokuya. The 7 ingredients are:
Hors d'Oeuvre: Gourmet Garlic Bread (Increased Smell & Immunity)
Salad: Sweet Sugarbeans (Oxygen Reserves)
Fish Dish: Salty Salmon King (Breathe Underwater & Gravity Adaption Increase)
Meat Dish: Wyvern Scales (Skin Durability Increase)
Main Course: Dragon King Endloss' Heart (Appetite Devil Manifestation)
Drink: Blood of A Thousand Dragons (Appetite Devil Manifestation Mastery)
Dessert: Celestial Pie (Flight)
List of Equipment
- Wolf King's Fangs: Akuma possess the legendary Jiro's signature weapon, the Wolf King's Fangs. A brass knuckle made out of dark purple scales and 7 fangs that belongs to the Legendary Wolf King, Guiness, one of the Eight Kings. The fangs possess a small portion of Guiness' unrivaled power, and their full capabilities have not yet been unlocked. So far, Akuma is able to use the powerful technique "Rising Wolf Guiness Punch" which launches a devastating spiral-like blast of appetite energy in the form of Guiness' head.
- Bellerophon: Akuma possess the legendary Bellerophon. A majestic golden bridle and whip of pure light. It possess the ability to fully control beasts and can drastically increase their abilities to the highest level, possessing great offensive and defensive capabilities. Akuma uses it's power on Okami to remove Okami's regular limitations and grant him tremendous power and speed far beyond his years making him into a complete monster.
- Revitalizing Kitchen Knife: Akuma possess a special knife that when used with the dark technique can be used to heal and regenerate any physical wounds on any living organism. It can even be used on food to restore it completely even after being eaten as long as some part of it remains. This allows Akuma to heal himself whenever he is injured during battle and produce an infinite amount of food if he wanted too. However, producing too much food upsets the balance of the natural circulation of food so he never uses it on food that much.
- Incursio: Akuma possess the special demon armor known as incursio that has great adaptive and evolutionary abilities. As it develops in order to defeat new opponents and gains new abilities and becomes stronger. It can even turn the user invisible and has near-indestructable defence and can turn invisible as well and grants Akuma more awareness of his surroundings.
- Ichiryuu's Knife: Akuma possess Ichiryuu's legendary knife that is classified as one of the sharpest knives in the world. It is so sharp that it can slice through the smallest rain drops simply by making contact with them. It can even cause massive fissures in the ground by simply touching it, without the user applying any force at all. It is a truly majestic knife that can be used for a large variety of things.
- Knocking Rifle - Hard Type: Akuma possess a specialized knocking gun that fires dozens of needles per second at incredible speeds like a rifle. Since this is a "Hard Type" version, it fires even more neeldes than that per second with much more speed, force, and requires superhuman ability to wield it properly. Akuma uses it primarily for using the "Intimidation Knocking" technique which allows him to drastically increase his muscle mass and overall size.
- Titan Shifter Serum: Akuma bought and injected himself with the titan shifter serum, granting him all of the abilities that titan shifters possess.
- Okami - Akuma owns a male Battle Wolf named Okami. Okami is one of Aku's best friends and is like a brother to him. Aku would not hesitate to put his life on the line to protect Okami and Okami would not hesitate to do the same. They have known each other for about 3 years now and have been on many adventures together.
As a full-fledged Bishokuya and a member of Dusk. Akuma is an incredibly powerful individual who is capable of going toe-to-toe with many of the forces from the World Government, Void, and various other deadly enemies and threats.
Akuma utilizes his unrivaled physical strength, his superhuman sense of smell, and his various other abilities to find and capture various ingredients. This is type of hunting method he uses as a Bishokuya in order to get the job done and obtain high-level ingredients.
Akuma was directly injected with Gourmet Cells on his 13th birthday in order to save his life after nearly being killed by a Devil Serpent. Gourmet Cells are special highly adaptive cells that posssess incredible regenerative and strength-enhancing abilities. Akuma's Gourmet Cells grant him a long range of superhuman powers and abilities. Such as his super strength, his superhuman sense of smell, an incredibly powerful life-force, the ability to use appetite energy, and the ability for his body to easily adapt and grow immune to various kinds of harsh environments, poisons, chemicals, and other harmful things. All of Akuma's abilities and techniques are derived from his Gourmet Cells.
Akuma possess extraordinary superhuman abilities and skills. Due to hailing from the Satsugai Tribe, having Gourmet Cells implanted into his body, and evolving them numerous times for years by eating spectacular foods. Akuma's abilities have greatly increased over time, so much that he could be considered among the strongest people in world in terms of pure raw strength. Akuma's physical strength is great enough to shatter and destroy tempered steel with his bare hands. He is capable of carrying, lifting, and throwing titanic beast and objects thousands of times his own size. He is also able to produce strong gusts of wind and powerful shockwaves simply by clenching his fist or flexing his muscles due to the sheer amount of force behind them. Overall, physical strength is Akuma's most powerful skill and most of his techniques and abilities revolve around the usage of it.
As for his other abilities, Akuma's body is immensely durable. Capable of taking damage from weapons, beast, or even other people that would normally kill any other human being. He has a very high pain tolerance and can withstand a lot before his body weakens and shuts down. He can take headshots at blank point range from shotguns without flinching, survive falling off of a mountain thousands of feet in the air, and entire assaults on him by entire militaries and armies with their best weaponry. He is also able to hold his breath for extended periods of time underwater or in general too. Thanks to his gourmet cells and titan shifter serum, Akuma's body is capable of healing from incredible amounts of damage in a short amount of time. Even if his limbs are cut off or his body is bisected or a large portion of it is blown off or obliterated, Akuma is still able to fully heal and recover from those wounds within only a few minutes. By focusing his healing factor on a specific part of his body, he can heal that part of his body even faster than this. After eating the Wyvern's scales, Aku's gourmet cells evolved even further and his skin is now easily stronger than steel and tougher than diamond.
As for speed, Akuma possess very impressive reflexes and perception abilities. Able to block bullets and other objects moving at hypersonic speeds in the blink of an eye at point blank range. He is also capable of running, jumping, and flying at these speeds as well. Allowing him to move so fast that he can't even be seen or heard by most.
Akuma possess incredible superhuman smell due to his gourmet cells. He uses his highly developed sense of smell in order to gather information. For example, he can determine if a female is pregnant by the faint scent of amniotic fluid. He is even capable of detecting pheromones with his sense of smell. He can use smell alone to fight in complete darkness. With it, he can also detect and smell the the dormant tears within someone's tear ducts, and tell what kind of food someone has eaten via their breath or sweat.
After the 2 year timeskip, his enhanced sense of smell evolved into a whole new level. His enhanced sense of smell allows him to not only trace one individual creature but a multitude of creatures that have passed a certain location. This sense of smell is also highly tuned in that it can trace back the faintest of scents from the distant past as long as the original location still remained, even if there's only a small part of the location left Akuma can fully trace back scents without difficulty. This means that even after a place has changed so much, if there is a source of origin (such as a small bit of the original surface) he can track down any and every creature that has passed through the area regardless of when they passed the area. His sense of smell has also developed to the point of being able to detect areas which are otherwise invisible to any creature.
After consuming Gourmet Garlic Bread, his sense of smell's range is currently a maximum of 24,902 miles/40,075 kilometers, which is as large as old Earth. However, if given a small piece of fabric that possess even a fraction of someone's scent, he can track them over even larger distances.
Akuma possess the ability to usually easily learn most techniques (only if it is physically and mentally possible for him) after having only witnessed them once.
Akuma's intimidation takes the form of a gargantuan devil-like pitch-black winged creature with bright glowing yellow eyes, sharp fangs, sharp claws, and a long tail with a triangle-shaped spike at the end. It also wields a trident and is depicted breathing fire. This is used to scare off any beast or even person who may oppose him or his friends. The angrier Akuma gets, the larger and the more demonic his intimidation becomes.
This technique allows Akuma to remove his presence allowing him to sneak up on his enemies and attack them.
By targeting certain vital spots and nerve endings on his opponent with fork or knife, Toriko can cause them to be knocked out and lose consciousness. This usually only works on weaker opponents or when stronger opponents are weakened.
Intuition is a technique that allows Akuma to rely purely on the vast amount of battle experience that he has amassed over the years in order to make him more formidable in combat. For example, by removing all useless thoughts, emotions, feelings, actions, and clearing his mind completely. Akuma can avoid attacks unseen by the naked eye, attack the vitals of any enemy without even knowing they are, detect things such as pheromones without using his sense of smell, and can even use it to locate certain locations. Overall, the power, speed, accuracy, and fluidity of his attacks are all greatly increased while using intuition.
After training in the art of Food Honor with Ace, Akuma managed to increase the speed and strength of his attacks several times over, by both cutting down on useless movements and increasing his concentration. This in turn reduces calorie consumption greatly and makes his attacks capable of more delicate handling, allowing him to last longer in combat, since his techniques originally had poor calorie consumption rate. After he acquired Food Immersion, his techniques’ power has been greatly increased even further.
- Food Immersion: Food Immersion is when one respects and appreciates the food they have eaten even after it enters the body and becomes part of their flesh and blood. The ingredients absorbed by the body are thankful themselves for being eaten and they pour all the nutrients they have into one's body almost limitlessly. It also makes the user gain an increment in his weight without necessarily getting fat, as seen with Chin Chinchin who weighs a ton with the technique. In the teachings of Food Honor, it is described as immersing one's self into a meal. Only those that heighten their appreciation towards food to the utmost limit can attain Food Immersion. After mastering Food Immersion, Akuma has become more powerful than ever.
- Full-Power Form: By focusing and releasing all of the dormant calories and nutrients within his body at once. Akuma can gain a large increase in muscle mass, height, and weight. This greatly increases all of his abilities and techniques to make him even stronger during battle. This ability is derived from food immersion, as all of the pent up calories and nutrients are released at once to power-up Akuma.
Both of these abilities are completely passive and have been ingrained into Akuma's genetics themselves, meaning that they are always in use, cannot be deactivated, and Akuma's body naturally conserves more energy all the time.
By doing a special "routine" before attacking. The power, speed, and accuracy of Akuma's attacks are increased.
- Conduct of King: Ultimate Routine: By imagining a scenario or event strongly enough, a person is able to cause an impression of that scenario or event strong enough that it actually occurs, whether that be imagining stress and forming an ulcer or imagining an attack succeeding and having it actually succeed. It is an entirely mental concept, but it increases one's focus and accuracy exponentially. This for example can allow the user to launch their attacks in perfect trajectories allowing them to completely surround their opponent at 360 degrees with their techniques. To fully utilize the effects of the technique requires an astonishing level of concentration and self-confidence, and depending on the difficulty of the desired impression the energy required can be enormous, as it has been stated it uses a mammoth level of calories and cannot be used very often.
Akuma's Gourmet Cells grant him the ability to adapt to numerous environments, terrains, poisons, chemicals, and even things such as gravity. Here is a list of all of Akuma's current adaptions.
Akuma can maintain his body temperature in sub-zero temperatures simply by his natural application of Shivering. This even allows him to defrost and restore frozen body parts before necrosis can set in. Akuma has this ability thanks to his incredible metabolism, which allows him to release tens of thousands of watts of energy constantly. He has a limit of approximately two hours in these temperatures.
Akuma’s gourmet cells can emit this toxin which trees use to protect themselves against insects, germs and other threats. Since he's a master of the sense of smell his gourmet cells had remembered the smell of phytoncide from said trees. He can even actually produce the chemical from his own body naturally. The amount he emits is so potent that even a small amount is able to repel virtually all forms of insects.
Akuma was immune to over 100 different types of poisons due to e xposing himself to fatal amounts of each poison. Akuma's body has made numerous antibodies to combat against each type of poison. After consuming the Gourmet Galric Bread, his immune system has drastically increased making him immune to over 400 types of poisons.
Akuma's cells can adapt to the low oxygen concentration and freezing cold. What he does is take advantage of the low temperature. The human body isn’t very effective at separating oxygen from carbon dioxide and we always exhale most of the oxygen back out. However, carbon dioxide has a lower freezing point than oxygen, so when it starts to condense in Akuma's lungs he can exhale only the carbon dioxide to conserve lots of oxygen, creating a sparkly white breath.
Akuma can adapt to high-gravity environments by making his cells vibrate against each other to produce a powerful charge of static electricity, using it to produce an electromagnetic field that repels Akuma against the unique magnetic field of anything affecting him, allowing him to oppose any form of gravity making contact with him.
After adapting to several high-gravity environments, eating the salty salmon king, and eating the celestial pie. Akuma's ability to repel gravity increased by such a significant extent that he is now capable of defying gravity and able to fly around at speeds that greatly surpass hypersonic speed.
Akuma's cells can adapt to extremely high-temperature environments. He can use this ability to stop his body from releasing excess water. This is something the kidneys normally do to prevent the veins from bursting for holding too much water. After some training, Akuma is now capable of standing in fire without being affected. He can withstand flames at multi-thousand degrees, because his cells repeatedly divide at a dizzy rate, and at a fantastic speed as his body abandons burnt skin and forms new skin even when his body is charred. When Akuma is under this extreme heat condition, his body also sweats out a huge amount of moisture it has stored in order to prevent its temperature from rising at the cost of exhausting enormous amounts of energy.
As long as he gets at least one hour of sleep, Akuma can go for as long as long as a month without sleeping or resting at all. This is because his body has learned how to conserve energy better over extended periods of time due to his food honor training and mastery over food immersion.
After consuming the Sweet Sugarbeans, Akuma obtained the ability to store up vast amounts of oxygen for extended periods of time. Allowing him to hold his breath at inhuman levels in any environment or terrain for a very long time.
After consuming the Salty Salmon King, Akuma's body obtained the ability to breath underwater. By absorbing the oxygen within the water via his skin pores, and constantly expelling a small amount oxygen through his mouth and nose, he can continuously keep water from entering his body and going into his lungs. Allowing him to basically breath underwater. .
Akuma has developed the ability to use blending which is usually unique to animals, mainly a chameleon. This ability allows him to adapt and literally mimic the very scenery around him, changing the very colour of both his body and his clothing to match the very environment around him as if he were a part of it, being able to flawlessly move around any places with incredible ease without threat. This ability has been adapted to the newer model of GT Robos.
Akuma has developed a unique ability overtime known as pheromone control. It is a very powerful adaptive ability that allowed Akuma to better adapt to environments with many powerful beast by becoming able to heavily influence and control them. Akuma has the ability to manipulate his pheromones for the purpose of suppressing his own scent to such a degree that even those with superhuman senses are unable to detect him. He can also use his pheromones to manipulate the emotional state and sensory perceptions of other beings. He can use this power to instill intense fear, happiness, depression, sexual arousal, and a false sense of security to other beings. This allows him to seemingly appear where enemies can't see him, enabling him to inflict damage before an opponent realizes it. Such tactics give opponents who lack knowledge of his ability the belief that he can either teleport when he cannot.
His pheromone powers are physical in nature, not some kind of mental ability, they're derived from his Gourmet Cells. This ability allows him to distort enemies, hinder their depth perception and visual acuity, causing the opponent to fight sluggishly. He can use his knowledge of pheromones In conjunction with his enhanced sense of smell to effectively use it in combat. He can determine and manipulate the emotional and physical state of others around him with this powerful ability.
As a by-product of this, Akuma is also capable of using empathy. Allowing him to sense and detect the emotions and feelings of others just being within a certain proximity to them.
Akuma's primary sources of energy and battle techniques are all listed here.
All living beings possess calories, a basic form of measurement of energy. How many calories a person has varies between person to person. However, those such as Bishokuya who possess Gourmet Cells have a much larger calorie intake than the average human being does. Therefore, they have an insane amount of calories in comparison and utilize in during combat. For example, all of Akuma's techniques use calories but also appetite energy, and depending on the power of the technique it uses a lower or higher amount of calories.
A thousand calories is known as a kilocalorie, and Akuma possesses a currently unknown amount of kilocalories. But he possess an extremely vast amount and has even learned how to cut down on calorie consumption via his food honor and food immersion training and mastery able to use 1/20th of the original amount of calories it required to use his techniques before. Granting him a drastic increase in stamina and endurance passively.
Appetite Energy is pure cellular energy generated within Gourmet Cells, brought forth by an immense appetite. By a predator focusing on it's overwhelming hunger and lust devour it's prey, this energy can be emitted and used for various purposes. Only the absolute strongest predators on the top of the food chain can use this form of energy. The energy is incredibly versatile and can be used for offensive, defensive, and supplementary purposes. Akuma uses this energy in all of his techniques and can create various semi-solid structures, infuse certain body parts with it to drastically empower them, or fire a powerful blast of Appetite Energy at his opponent via his Wolf King's Fangs weapon. However, Akuma only uses a lesser and much weaker version of it in his regular techniques and can only use it's true and most powerful form when generating it through the Wolf King's Fangs or his Appetite Devil.
Here is a list of all of Akuma's offensive techniques.
- Fork: By forming his hands into a "claw" position Akuma uses a technique known as "fork" that allows him to easily pierce four holes through most objects and beast and lift them up even if they weight more than him.
- Flying Fork: This technique is the same as the normal fork technique except Akuma now has the ability to launch it from his hand allowing him to pierce four holes through objects far away without having to be close to them.
- Cannon Fork: This technique is done by creating hundreds of small forks and then merging them together into one massive fork and launching it at the opponent, causing a massive amount of damage and a large explosion.
- Twin Cannon Fork: This technique is the same as the normal cannon fork technique except Akuma creates two cannon forks and launches it at his opponents ripping apart a good deal of the landscape and causing massive damage.
- Leg Fork: This technique is basically the same as his flying fork technique, except he does it using his legs. Since your legs are about 3-4 times more powerful than your arms, this technique is much stronger than the flying fork technique and can grow to great sizes and can impale even the most durable things very easily.
- Knife: By forming his hands into a "chopping" position Akuma uses a technique known as "knife" which allows him to easily slice through most objects and beast with ease. It has enough cutting power to slice through stone or concrete walls.
- Flying Knife: This technique is the same as the normal knife technique except Akuma now has the ability to launch it from his hand allowing him to slice through objects far away without having to be close to them.
- Leg Knife: This technique is the same as flying knife, except Akuma does this technique with his leg instead. Since your legs are 3-4 times stronger than your arms, this technique is much more powerful and has incredible piercing and cutting power.
- Leg Boomerang: This technique is essentially the same as leg knife, except the leg knife will come back around and follow the opponent if it misses it's target. It wont stop until it hits it's opponent or comes into contact with something, and even then, it will most likely slice right through it.
- Twin Leg Boomerang: This technique is the same as leg boomerang, except Akuma uses two of them instead of one and it makes it harder for the opponent to dodge it. The two leg boomerangs can even combine into one and form an x-shape and slice through multiple targets at once very easily. Leaving a titanic fissure in the ground.
- Butter Knife: This technique is the same as regular knife, except it allows Akuma to slice directly into his opponent's body internally as the butter knife fades through the skin and damages their insides.
- Butcher Knife: This technique is the same as regular knife, except it is much stronger and possess a vast amount of power in comparison to the regular knife. It is also gargantuan in size and can slice through nearly anything and then obliterate it by exploding in a devastating explosion. This technique requires the use of both of Akuma's hands, or else it's too heavy for him to lift it.
- Spoon: By forming his hand in a "spoon" position Akuma uses a technique known as spoon which allows him to create a spoon from his appetite energy that can scoop up nearly anything. It can even scoop up non-physical things such as fire or smoke. He can even use it to fly by propeling himself with the spoons by using them as wings of some sort.
- Chopsticks: By forming his hand into a chopstick-grip, Akuma can manifest a pair of chopsticks made out of appetite energy. With them, he can jab, crush, impale, or even completely blow his opponents away with them. Instead of using them delicately, he prefers to use them more aggressively and physically wields them.
- Chopsticks Gripping: Akuma physically grabs his chopsticks and combines them with his incredible physical strength.
- Chopsticks Cannon: Akuma hurls one of his chopsticks at his opponent with incredible speed and power as if it was a spear. He can hurl it as his opponent and twist it as well, to give it much more speed, power, and piercing capabilities.
- Disorder Chopsticks: Akuma attacks his opponent relentlessly with a massive series of jabs using his chopsticks as well as hurling them at his opponent as well if he decides too.
- Secret Technique: Single Chopstick: Akuma manifest a gigantic chopstick in the air above himself, and brings it straight down on his opponent with tremendous force to completely crush them.
- All-Meal King Eating Chopsticks: Akuma hurls a titanic chopstick full-force at his opponent in it's rawest form as appetite energy to completely blow his opponent away and incinerate them instantaneously.
- Crossutensil Barrage: Akuma creates hundreds of small forks, knives, and spoons and then fires them as an endless barrage at his opponents causing piercing damage, slashing damage, and blunt damage as well as numerous tiny serial explosions.
- Skewer: By opening his palms and facing them outwards at his opponents Akuma can fire a large skewer from his palms that will pierce and connect all of his enemies together in a straight line.
- Spinning Skewer: This technique is the same as the last, except the skewer that is fired is spinning rapidly like a drill to increase it's piercing power greatly.
- Pizza Cutter: By forming his hands in a chopping position, and then pretending he is grabbing a pizza cutter. Akuma can fire a large pizza cutter at his opponent with the sharp blade spinning at supersonic speeds. Akuma also has the ability to control and manipulate the pizza cutter after firing it as well.
- Frying Pan Punch: By clenching his fist together and focusing his energy into them Akuma can hit his opponent with an extremely powerful punch. This punch is known as "Frying Pan Punch" in which the form of a large frying pan appears and rams into the opponent with incredible force leaving a large hole in their stomach, creating a massive shockwave, and sending them flying away with incredible force.
- Frying Pan Sandwich: This technique is the same as the regular frying pan punch except it is done using both hands therefore doubling the power of the original technique and making it twice as strong, impactful, and overall more powerful as he crushes his opponent between his fist like a sandwich.
- Spatula: By forming his hand in a flat position Akuma is able to deflect and reflect with a powerful large spatula that counters the attack and redirects it back at the attacker with more force if Akuma makes it go that direction.
- Super Spatula: This technique is the same as the original except it is tenfold the power and is capable of countering attacks of exceptional power and ability and can reflect them back with tenfold the power that they had originally. If an attack is too powerful it will break and destroy the spatula and the attack will hit Akuma anyway.
- Meat Tenderizer: By taking his right hand and forming it into a fist and slamming it down on his left open palm, and then proceeding to pull his right arm back and then lift it up and slam it down. Akuma can create a gigantic hammer meant to tenderize meat to attack his opponent. The hammer attacks one's muscles and tissues directly dealing massive damage to them and leaving them in a very weakened and degraded state, if not completely shattering and destroying them.
- Food Scale: By pretending that he is cupping his opponent, Akuma can manifest a large food scale beneath his opponent that will greatly increase their body's weight to such a point that they cannot move and fall to the ground. This is useful for immobilizing opponents and attacking them.
- Kitchen Scissors: By pretending to cut something in half with two fingers as if he is using a scissor, Akuma is capable of creating a large pair of kitchen scissors that can slice through nearly anything seamlessly and flawlessly completely splitting it into two.
- Cheese Grater: By forming his hand into a claw position and then dragging his hand down towards his opponent Akuma is capable of making a giant cheese grater that will completely degrade and shred his opponent on a cellular level just by making physical contact.
- Blender: Akuma's most lethal and powerful technique of them all known as "Blender". By slamming his right fist down onto his left palm and twisting it several times and then pulling it back with great force. Akuma is able to manifest a gargantuan blender made purely out of raw appetite energy that will create a tornado-like effect sucking in, closing the top to trap them in, repelling all attacks they make back at them, and then completely shredding and ripping his opponent apart on a molecular level in the form of a giant blender. This technique can also be used in order to shred up and grind his opponent into a drink, allowing him to drink them afterwards. However, he only uses this on animals or a non-sentient kind of food such vegetation.
Here is a list of all of Akuma's defensive techniques.
- Fork Shield: This technique is the same as flying fork, except Akuma creates two of them and they wrap around him completely protecting him from any attacks from all sides.
- Multiple Fork Shields: This technique is the same as the previous, except Akuma fires and creates a large wall comprised of several forks layered on top of each other to block incoming attacks.
- Fork Armor: Akuma uses his fork shield technique to wrap it around his body and create a durable armor out of it to defend against attacks.
- Bowl: By forming his hands into a bowl shape and slamming them on the ground Akuma can create a massive bowl-shaped dome to protect him and his allies from enemy attacks.
- Spoon Dome: Akuma can create two massive spoons to lock together and seal him and his opponent inside of it. This dome is unable to be broken unless Akuma disables himself, or he's killed. This is one of Akuma's strongest techniques and has never been defeated before.
- Autophagy: When Akuma's body begins to starve and runs out of energy, and he is left on the verge of death, Akuma's body will enter "autophagy" a powerful state in which Akuma's body begins to feast on all of it's own remaining energy becoming much more powerful than before. However, he can only maintain this form for about 5 minutes and once it's over he will face serious damage to his body, and even potentially death. He is also left in a malnourished state afterwards as well. But if he eats an extremely special and delicious food while in this mode, he will be restored back to full health and his gourmet cells will instantly evolve and he will become much stronger than before.
Here is a list of Akuma's supplementary techniques.
- Finger Knocking: Through utilization of his fork technique, Akuma focuses it's piercing power into his index finger and strikes the nerves and pressure points of an enemy to paralyze them.
- Intimidation Knocking: By shocking himself with two knocking guns, Akuma drastically increases his muscle mass and overall size. The purpose of this technique is to frighten off and scare opponents, however, it can also be used to drastically empower Akuma and all of his techniques as well. Which is what he usually uses it for.
Akuma is capable of communicating telepathically with all kinds of animals, beast, and creatures over a vast distance. This is because he is a member of Superbia, and all people from that kingdom possess this ability. This gives him a strong physical, emotional, and mental connection with animals and mother nature. Especially his pet, Okami. He can use this ability to gain information that he would normally be unable to find and can also call for the help of nearby animals to assist him in battle.
His telepathy's range is currently a maximum of 24,902 miles/40,075 kilometers, which is as long as old Earth. Allowing him to mentally contact and converse with any animal he wants to on a planetary scale. However, talking to billions of animals at once on such a large scale is incredibly straining and taxing on Akuma and could possibly kill him. So he never contacts all of the animals he actually can and only contacts a small amount, or only contacts a single desired animal on a planetary scale instead of all of them.
Titan Shifter Abilities
Akuma has injected himself with the titan shifter serum granting him even further increased healing and regenerative abilities allowing him to heal from any wound his body withstands almost instantly. Even if he loses limbs, organs, or is bisected. Aside from this, by biting himself and having a clear goal set in mind Akuma can transform into a powerful titan. His titan form is known as the "Devil Titan" in which his physical attributes are all tremendously increased and he becomes a whopping 60 meters/196 feet tall. In this form, Akuma takes on a monstrous slight devil-like appearance and gains a great increase in muscle mass. He has sharp teeth with fleshless cheeks, glowing yellow eyes, pointy ears, and is granted the ability to generate and control black crystalline substances to imbue his attacks with it or use it to protect himself. He can use it to a great enough extent to generate wings made from the crystal substance but he can't actually fly with them. Overall, he becomes very slow, but he gains an unrivaled increase in power, especially if used in conjunction with all of his other techniques.
Akuma has fully mastered the use of all three forms of haki. The first haki allows Akuma to sense the presence of others, predict their movements, gain empathy, and even sense the strength of others. Finally, this haki also allows Akuma to nullify the intangibility effect of Logia Type Devil Fruit users.
The second haki allows Akuma to use an "invisible armor" which can be used to either protect him or augment the damage of all of his attacks. It can also be used on his equipment to augment their offensive or defensive abilities as well. This haki can also be used to create a impervious hardened coating to make himself much harder and more difficult to injure. The third haki allows Akuma to dominate the wills of others. The most common usage so far is knocking those with weak wills unconscious. Akuma is capable of overpowering the will of one individual, knocking out weak-willed people around himself, pick out weak-willed individuals in a large group and knock them out without affecting those around them. However, those with stronger wills can resist or even ignore the effects of this haki. The ability to knock someone out depends on the difference in strength between the person using haki and the person or persons the user is trying to knock out. The greater the power gap, the easier it is to knock the victim out. This type of haki cannot be attained through training, meaning Akuma naturally possess it, and can greatly improve it through training. Upon recovering from a battle, Akuma experiences the sensation of chills running throughout his body, this seems to be a minor side-effect of this haki.
- Akuma's appearance is based on the appearance of a minor Toriko video game character named "Ryoutei".